Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RockyRoadTravel

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RockyRoadTravel

  1. What an embarrassment for the voters in District 7.
  2. Did you add the eyebrows in those photos?
  3. I'm having a similar but opposite reaction to El-Sayed that I had with Tim Walz. The more I hear them speak, the less I want to hear them speak. For different reasons. I'm a MDE guy. Tim was too SDE and El-Sayed is too BDE for me. The El-Sayed message is clear, which is good. He'll need to be very clear to cut through the bullshit that is going to be thrown at him in truck loads. Confidence is very attractive, arrogance is not. On some visceral level at the back of our minds in casting our support for a male politician were considering "does this guy appeal to me?". Tim Walz - no. El Sayed - no. Chris Murphy - he's got a certain dad bod energy that is confident and not arrogant.
  4. The Great Incompetent hugely endorsed Mike Lindell (My [face buried in a ] Pillow guy) and he went down in flames hugely. The endorsement was a huge failure. Huge failure. For all those people who were afraid to stand up to the weak little bully in (what's left of) the White House, time to reconsider your choices.
  5. Lucy, Charlie Brown, football. It's a boomer reference.
  6. Becerra has argued a number of complicated cases both in private practice and as Attorney General of California. For the most part, I agree with the higher profile cases that I've read about. He's going to be 72 in 2030 when the next Governor election is held. I'm hoping he'll be a one term Governor and promote the next generation of leadership. However, I also think that by 2030 a number of the "gerentocracy" of the Democrats (if not the Republicans) will have retired by then.
  7. The Great Incompetent on climate change. What a moron. "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive." Twitter, 6/10/12
  8. You praise him too highly.
  9. It's SO complicated. He doesn't do complicated. He's not smart that way. It's hard, and he's lazy.
  10. The day after his confirmation Todd Blanche puts out a new policy memo (which lets be clear is opinion and not law) basically saying that conversations that the President has with non-governmental individuals is protected speech. Blanche is saying that the President's insider trading and selling favors is protected speech as long as it is with Saudi princes and tech billionaires, and not County Commissioners in Missouri. This will go to the Supreme Court as another delaying tactic for the eventual corruption hearings in 2027. Let's see how Cornyn, Tillis and Cassidy attempt to justify this blatant corruption coverup attempt. This extremist Court, that legislates from the bench, while Republicans adjourn all levels of government, could put this on the Shadow Docket.
  11. Someone has had their Geritol shot. A fresh new tranche of lazy conspiracy clips.
  12. It was a very heart warming clip during one of The Great Incompetent's recent interviews where he says "people say I'm the greatest President ever." And the report, unable to contain his immediate honest response, "no one is saying that." (The look on his face was "are you delusional?") Heart warming. This from a very right-wing British newspaper: Trump visibly deflated after reporter's stinging comeback to claim he's 'one of the greatest presidents ever' | Daily Mail Online
  13. The Democrats in Maine were anybody by Janet Mills with support for Plattner, Mills is 79. (She looks good for 79, but still, that's 85 by the end of the six year term.) At some point this just becomes elder abuse. Luckily Maine Democrats had a second bench that had a number of strong candidates. With the Republicans they are still running the likes of nut jobs like Paul LePage. "I'm not running for the whales of Maine."
  14. Any BDE thoughts on David Crawley in Wisconsin? He has got to lose the mustache. It was interesting that neither Sanders nor AOC endorsed Hong, would that have made a difference for her campaign? I expect it was more to do with newness and inexperience with such a high profile election than it did with policy issues. The Thanksgiving comment was made the same day that Hong had spent in meetings with Native Americans. Though a stupid comment, I can see where the knee jerk emotional blurting out of canceling Thanksgiving came from. Political candidates, which I don't think she was at the time, aren't allowed to make knee jerk emotional missives.
  15. At karaoke last night you should have seen Mitch's moves for "Livin la vida loca". Muy caliente.
  16. I haven't heard much from the campaigns about the massive Medicaid cuts that the Republicans are delivering after the mid-terms. The Big Ugly Bill ($625 billion dollars cut from Medicaid over the next 10 years). Independent estimates are 7.8 million people will lose Medicaid coverage because of the neo-con agenda of The Great Incompetent. Seems like a good issue for poorer red states that are the most dependent on federal funding to provide services.
  17. Steyer would have been full on about developing renewables. I just don't feel like Becerra is going to be full on about anything in particular. With the fresh energy the Democrats are going to have with El-Sayed and others in the Senate, I think Becerra is going to feel "safe". And safe is not going to undo all the damage that the neo-cons unleashed have done during The Great Incompetent's regime.
  18. Holding receptions and illegally holding onto power really are two separate functions.
  19. RockyRoadTravel replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    I could see him as an Attorney General that could enforce the rule of law. Or on the Supreme Court. Not in elected office though.
  20. Collins will be 74 in December. She sure seems older than Elizabeth Warren, but she isn't. Maybe it's just the 30 years Collins has been in the Senate.
  21. It must have been an enormous catering cart to fit his fat ass in it. I'd love to have heard that conversation when they explained The Commander-in-competent he had to hide. Did they use cheese burgers to lure him in the cart?
  22. Brilliant. It's a sign, like Jesus on toast.
  23. Gary Larson knew about the Strait of Hormuz in 1980, why didn't The Great Incompetent. Right, he's incompetent.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.