Everything posted by SolaceSoul
-
A couple Rio Guys
I point out hypocrisy, whether you like it or not. So, by your own admission, you're (at bare minimum) in your MID-30s, not "early" (a birth year of 1981 would now make you between 35-36) and an escort (whether full-time or part-time, that's irrelevant). Yet, you criticize others who are in their 30s for escorting, or as you put it, "hoeing".
-
Warning! Thief and con artist in Medellin!!!
I think if we are all honest with ourselves, we've each had at least one experience where we were hustled or taken advantage of, usually in a momentary lapse of judgment. Instead of just warning about specific individuals, it's probably better to use the experience to see what we each could do differently to prevent these kinds of situations. And be grateful that nothing worse happened -- THIS time. It happens to the best of us. I've been doing this for 20+ years and the few times whenever I "get got", it's something I could've easily prevented with some better precautions. My most standout Brazil experience was a hot cop I messed with several times before who stole 1300 reais out of my wallet when I was in the shower. Key phrases: "when I was in the shower" and "wallet". I should've had my wallet in the room safe, but I did not use my better judgment and used my little head instead. So, my bad! Charge it to the game of life lessons and move on. Precautionarily use other people's tales of woe not as "how stupid you were!" finger wags, but "how can I learn from this?" instead.
-
Heading to Havana
I had a wonderful time in Havana when I went in January. I suppose it would depend on what one's expectations are. I always hang with locals and I appreciate the Afro-Cuban gente. None of us in our small group had issues with booking dates each day, if that was going to be your next question.
-
A couple Rio Guys
It's beyond hypocritical of you to post about someone being too "long in the tooth" to be a sauna boy or an escort, when you yourself are an escort running ads on Rentmen and Adam4Adam and you're clearly in your 30s or 40s (most likely, in the latter, but advertising as the former). if you can still score clients, why can't they?
-
A couple Rio Guys
FYI, there are quite a number of garotos at the saunas and in escort ads who are in their 30s -- a few even more. They might not let clients know their real ages and you might not find out unless you have a need to verify their date of birth for some later reason (which won't occur for just casual encounters or simple programas -- I'm talking like "buying a place ticket or getting a tourist visa"). BTW, this rule also applies to escorts in the States as well. Personally, I don't care as long as they look great and know their way around the bedroom. I'm not into "barely legal" guys myself. To each his own.
-
These are the world's 50 most violent cities.
The list is based on homicide rates, not thefts, rapes, kidnappings or assaults.
-
Is learning the language important when visiting countries for pleasure?
Oh, I've got other things I can say, since "eu sou versátil!" Like a certain braindead moron with a bad orange spray tan and hair weave recently said, "I know words. I have the best words."
-
These are the world's 50 most violent cities.
This is going to raise a whole lot of posters' blood pressures. Get ready to clutch some pearls. The 50 most violent cities in the world have been revealed – and 43 of them are in South and Central America. 19 of them are in Brazil (Rio and São Paulo are not included, however). http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/08/these-are-the-worlds-most-violent-cities-6562906/
-
First trip to Brazil
Oh, please. When is the last time that you have contributed any relevant, updated commentary based on your very own personal knowledge or experience? Every single one of your posts (at every forum) refers to a trip that you made YEEEAAAAARRRS ago. Every. Single. One! And we all know the story of what happened to you when you went to a sauna in Brazil (NOTHING, no hires), and when you went to a sauna in Barcelona (NADA, left because management told you to undress out of your street clothes), and when you went to Santo Domingo (fell in a ditch, so again, NOTHING). So, again, what do you possibly contribute here, other than distant, dated, misty water-colored memories? Yet ANOTHER one of your announcements of an upcoming trip that never seems to occur? And BTW, sarcasm can be a useful tool. I prefer it over insipidness and bland repetition.
-
First trip to Brazil
A tip of the hat, sir, to your shade. Well done.
-
First trip to Brazil
Well, that actually would've actually burned, if not for several errors: (1) I'm not white. (2) I'm in my mid 40s. (3) I probably made more during the time it took for me to create this post than you made all week. (4) You're actually posting quite regularly at a forum dedicated to sex tourism, and you've admittedly done it yourself. Yep. With your attitude, you are much better off just staying in the States. Branson, MO awaits. Or maybe Atlantic City? If you want to get really adventurous, there's always Vegas.
-
Is learning the language important when visiting countries for pleasure?
What always works for me is: "Meu dinheiro é grande e minha boca está molhada." Never fails!
-
Is learning the language important when visiting countries for pleasure?
Oz, I used to have a great travel buddy (RIP) who was pretty awful with language (come to think of it, he wasn't even that great with English, either!), but he did try a few words or phrases. But with him, he had the most winningest personality and charm, so that always disarmed everyone and people were willing to extend him a little extra help. The key with him is that he never came across presumptuous or entitled, and that he always treated everyone he met like they were kings. He really had the gift of magnetism. But most people don't even come close to him in regards to that talent. Rest assured, for every tourist or traveler like him, there are 500 who are not. It's good that you use interpreters, and it helps that they are nice for you to look at. For those who don't, won't or can't, they need to learn some key words / phrases, and always have a pocket dictionary and translator app handy.
-
Is learning the language important when visiting countries for pleasure?
You should at least make an effort to communicate in the native tongue when visiting a foreign land -- either by yourself or with a communicator / translator. You don't have to be fluent, but you should at least do a little advance preparation in basic conversational words and phrases. You will find that locals will actually even treat you a little better if you make the effort to NOT be a colonialist dickhead that expects everyone to cater to your linguistic laziness. It is height of arrogance and entitlement to expect others in another country to speak a foreign language that is not typical or usual for that land -- and then to get outraged, saddened or disappointed that they don't speak your language.
-
First trip to Brazil
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the first time you went to Brazil almost a decade and a half ago? And didn't you used to actually teach? And now you are retired? So why is it so hard to learn a little basic conversational Portuguese? Did you have a brain aneurysm?
-
First trip to Brazil
And yet somehow, you still don't think you come across as privileged. SMDH. "Ugly American" much?
-
First trip to Brazil
Exactly. This Euro-American privilege is getting rather exhausting. Go to another country, make some attempts to communicate to locals in their native tongue. It's that simple. You're the one with the language barrier problem -- not them.
-
First trip to Brazil
My guests are usually out after breakfast, but I have had a few stay for lunch. Keep in mind that most of the GPs have families, girlfriends, wives, children and/or other jobs or school, so they might not be able to stick around indefinitely without checking back in to their home bases.
-
First trip to Brazil
Your mileage may vary, but for me, sometimes, I want to fuck like rabbits, sometimes I just want the company, and sometimes I just want to sleep cuddled up with a fine hunk. I speak Portuguese fairly well so we can always communicate. I almost never get turned down for an overnight proposal with a GP. A lot of them live a bit of a distance from the saunas, so going home after the sauna and then coming back to Zona Sul for an overnight or even an hourly is usually next to impossible.
-
First trip to Brazil
New York City is not at all a dangerous place. Maybe if you're used to Peoria!
-
First trip to Brazil
Adam, please check your private messages for a note from me. Thanks.
-
AirBnb in RIO, can I bring a boy?
The condos and apartment buildings, even the ones on the beach, do not go for tenants and visitors dressed in swimwear coming through the main lobby doors -- if it can be prevented. They will ask you to go through a side entrance / service entrance or put some clothes on. It's a cultural thing. This even happened to me in Salvador and Recife.
-
First trip to Brazil
I thought the OP made it clearer in the remainder of the thread that the overnight assumption was a misunderstanding, and that the garotos wanted to leave much earlier -- so they mutually decided against it.
-
First trip to Brazil
Since you were using Google Translate on your phone, that entire "misunderstanding" could have been avoided by simply clarifying upfront that the $120R price was for "all night" (which translates to "toda a noite"). You were fortunate that you left the sauna with a decent guy. It sounds like he was hoping to work something out with you for the rest of the night even before you left the sauna, but he was willing to settle for just a cab ride back to Zona Sul. Others might not let you off that easy. But if you can take care of yourself, as you say, then no problem.
-
Another thread about overpaying garotos.
Enough with the promotion of that escort site already! We get it!