Everything posted by unicorn
-
Highly talented, handsome gay man publicly announces suicide on Instagram
In the US, one can get an immediate response (usually) by simply dialing 988. The crisis doesn't have to be immediate. Only in rare cases do they have to send someone to help, although they will if necessary.
-
Highly talented, handsome gay man publicly announces suicide on Instagram
I haven't been able to verify the exact method of suicide, but since he did it in a fairly small room, and there was no mess, it follows that it was probably substance-related. His room-mates were present in another part of the property, and checking in on him fairly frequently. It could have been an OD with recreational drugs. If he was an insulin-dependent diabetic (and I never heard that he was), I suppose that an insulin OD could also result in a fairly rapid death as well. As far as I know, the coroner hasn't yet announced the cause in the death certificate.
-
Turkish Police raid gay clubs
I would put "family values" in quotation marks.
-
You heard it here first!
Lady Gaga just had her first baby. I have it on good information that the pregnancy was a surrogate one. I looked it up on the internet, and apparently it's not common knowledge. I can't figure out the reason for the secrecy on this matter...
-
Caution to criticism in Thailand
Among apes, there is a monkey?
-
Site connection problems, AGAIN !
That, and making it far more difficult to download photos from my computer. I now have to post an entry, then edit the post in order to be given the option to download a file.
-
What's the most you've paid to go into a museum?
I saw a blurb on the local news about a former hospital in the area being turned into a temporary museum, called "The Hospital of Emotions." The rooms in the former hospital were turned into expressive works of art, and one tours the hospital to visit these repurposed rooms. I went into the website, and was shocked to find out they were charging $58 per person to visit this exhibit--PLUS $20 a car for parking! In other words, $138 for my hubbie and myself to visit. You buy a 10-minute entry window in advance. I'm scratching my head to think back if I've ever paid such a sum to visit a museum. I can't recall that I have. I looked up what it costs to get an all-access pass to the castle in Versailles: You can buy official tickets on the Château de Versailles Ticketing Portal. Passport Ticket (Full Estate Access)High Season (April 1 – October 31): €35 standard price, €32 reduced price for EU/EEA residents. Includes the Palace, Trianon Estate, Queen's Hamlet, and Gardens (including fountain/musical shows). Low Season (November 1 – March 31): €25 standard price, €22 reduced price. Gardens are free during this period. So 35 Euros for an all-access pass during high season, or about $40. And this place ain't the Château de Versailles. What's the most you've ever paid for a museum entry fee? Not that we exactly can't afford it, but I can think of better ways to spend $138.
-
Highly talented, handsome gay man publicly announces suicide on Instagram
It was a little triggering for me to attend a performance of Water for Elephants in Hollywood last night. The show is a combination musical/circus show, and the circus part of it reminded me of him. There were some hunky performers, including Adam Fullick: https://www.instagram.com/adam.fullick/ And Kayden Woodridge:
-
Highly talented, handsome gay man publicly announces suicide on Instagram
It looks as though his fame made it to People magazine! They list his age as 31 and real name as Lucas Drake. In my cell phone, he gave me the name Lulu Drake. I was unaware of the Hunter name. I'll try to find out more, but discreetly and in time... https://people.com/adult-film-star-lulu-lovebottom-dead-12112712?campaign=19780831&did=25952458-20260909&hid=089247988732f9a900151e1f8c73f2c531df3c3a&lctg=089247988732f9a900151e1f8c73f2c531df3c3a&lr_input=3911d0b923e8d92c50f8b74007080afa59d66697825b8a1e414be8db883b8062 "Adult film star LuLu LoveBottom, whose real name is Lucas Drake, died on Sept. 7. He was 31. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department told PEOPLE that dispatchers received a call at 11:22 a.m. on Sept. 7, and officers “responded for a death investigation” and “completed a death report.” The case was not registered as suspicious, the spokesperson added. The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner confirmed to PEOPLE that Drake’s death was associated with the case. An official cause and manner have not been released. The content creator, who used the name Hunter Hardin online, maintained a following of over 30,000 across his X and Instagram accounts, where he promoted his profile on OnlyFans, a subscription-based platform known for adult content."
-
Older Americans have dementia without knowing
Unfortunately, people with dementia rarely understand their cognitive decline. This fact seems to be part of the syndrome. It makes caring for those with dementia particularly challenging. My own mother felt her family, family physician, neurologist, and others were in a "conspiracy" to diagnose her with dementia. Despite obvious, persistent problems with her cognition, including leaving the natural gas on in the house, with the house filled with flammable gas, calling the police to report her car stolen because she couldn't remember where she parked it, and so on, she never accepted her diagnosis, and refused assisted living until the last moments. And, of course, we all know about President Sundowner, who rants all night and sleeps all day. At least the Dementia Don has guaranteed assisted living, paid for by American taxpayers.
-
Highly talented, handsome gay man publicly announces suicide on Instagram
Although not a close friend, I was acquainted with Hunter Hardin/Lulu Lovebottom, and found out yesterday that he committed suicide after he apparently timed his announcement of giving up on life to pop up after it was too late, on Instagram. He was a talented burlesque dancer, and performed at one of my parties. I knew him mainly as the friend of some mutual friends. We would talk briefly at parties, but I never got to know him well. His post simply stated "Been hurt for the last time by someone I shared my heart with 💔". I could only wish to have a fraction of his talent, which I admired. Although we weren't close, I had nightmares about his death last night. How many of us wished we could have just talked to him before. I didn't even know until I read the article in OUT magazine this morning that he also did OnlyFans. I admired him as a talented performer/dancer, who seemed to have everything going for him. Would a hug have made the difference? I guess one just never knows what someone else may be going through. 😢 https://www.instagram.com/lululovebttm/ Out MagazineGay adult star Hunter Hardin dies at age 30Friends and family are mourning the loss of the OnlyFans creator and burlesque star.
-
Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
I did find a work-around. The option to attach a photo comes up if, and only if, I edit a post I already made. So I just have to post one word, then when I edit the post, the option to attach a photo comes up again. Weird, but that's the way it is, at least for now.
-
HIV/AIDS Generation Survivors
I'm another who was a young adult during the 80s. Although the virus wasn't identified until 1983, nor confirmed as the cause until 1984, I had assumed from the onset that the disease was likely sexually transmitted and insisted on condom use since the syndrome was described in 1981. Some of my late friends who said "It's just poppers," or the like, and who didn't use condoms succumbed to the disease. Of course, another factor, in addition to my insistent condom use, which saved me from HIV was the fact that I almost never bottom (but I insisted on condoms as a top as well). One of the biggest demons in the AIDS story was UC Berkeley molecular biology professor Peter Duesberg, who kept stating that HIV was harmless, and that AIDS was, in fact, caused by antiretroviral meds and other drugs. Of course, he never volunteered to prove that he believed what he was saying by letting himself get injected with HIV, and I find it doubtful he believed his own statements. He did convince a number of people to be careless, however, and was undeniably responsible for many deaths. Among those deaths were in Africa, where he convinced governments to forbid giving pregnant women antiretroviral medications, for example. Duesberg is one of the most despicable characters in the epidemic. He was never even disciplined by UC Berkeley, much less found legally responsible for his lies, either in civil or criminal court. That little piece of shit died just earlier this year at the ripe age of 89, never punished in any way for all of the deaths for which he was responsible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Duesberg
-
The problem of excess baggage: should the passenger be weighed too?
That happened to me once, and the passenger tried to raise the armrests, but the flight attendant scolded the hefty passenger and put the armrests back down. More discomfort for him, but the blubber was kept mostly to his side of the seat, reducing the neighbors' discomfort.
-
Unruly senior citizen air passenger tied with duct tape to seat
No, that's just a direct link to the photo--until the link disappears. I can also get links to hosting sites, though that adds another step.
-
The problem of excess baggage: should the passenger be weighed too?
Well, whenever my luggage tips over 50# or 23 kg, they attach a red sticker, presumably indicating that it will require two staff members to lift, which is explains the higher fee (though those fees, I agree, are exaggerated and should be regulated). What should be required is extra wide seats on airplanes for hefty passengers. These rows would have 2 seats across in the place of 3, and would cost 150% of the regular fare. Passengers should be required to attest that they can fit into regular seats, or choose the wide seats for the extra fee. If the boarding agent finds a passenger mis-represented his girth, the passenger should be moved to the "hefty row" with a fine in addition to the extra fare (if available, or simply moved to the next flight with available hefty seats). Or, they can just buy first-class tickets. These people know who they are. They almost always pick middle seats, and love spilling over into the seats of hapless fellow passengers on the windows and aisles.
-
Unruly senior citizen air passenger tied with duct tape to seat
- Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
I can't find a way to regain the way to get that box on the bottom which says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I'm open to any other suggestions.- Unruly senior citizen air passenger tied with duct tape to seat
I find it interesting that this happened to a 67 year-old. Though alcohol probably played a major role, I wonder if there was a neurological condition as well? I hope the press keeps us up-to-date in this matter. He was sitting in the first class cabin, so this is not the typical Frontier Airlines/Spirit Airlines drunken brawl by people not used the flying on commercial flights.- Unruly senior citizen air passenger tied with duct tape to seat
ABC NewsUnruly passenger arrested after being restrained with duc...A man was arrested for unruly behavior on an American Airlines flight causing it to divert to Baltimore, Thursday night, according to the airline and the FBI."A man was arrested for alleged unruly behavior on an American Airlines flight causing it to divert to Baltimore on Thursday night, according to the airline and investigators. Arthur Lundeen, 67, of Arizona, was restrained to his seat with duct tape and his hands were restrained with zip ties, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority Police, which arrested him after the plane landed. The incident took place on American Airlines flight AA 618, which took off from Dallas and was en route to Newark, according to the FBI and the airline..." My main question is--why did the captain divert the flight from Newark to Baltimore? EWR is just 167 miles from BWI. The difference in flight time was a matter of minutes. Because one passenger can't handle his liquor, the captain punished every other passenger in the plane, plus the passengers in future flights that plane would have taken. The cost for that 167 mile diversion must have been staggering--not just for the passengers, but for the airline as well. Am I missing something, or was there a valid reason for landing the plane at BWI instead of EWR??- Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
I tried three different browsers--same problem.- Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
No, I logged in and out and it's still happening. If I want to attach a photo, I have to find a hosting site and just send the link of the photo from the other site.- Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
I'm not getting the prompt. Maybe I need to log in and log out?- Is there a jokes string I've missed somewhere?
- Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?
Unless I start a new topic, I don't see a place to attach a file/photo from my files. In the past, there was a prompt to "choose files...". - Is there a problem adding photos after the latest "update"?