Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. I am very much in favor of raising taxes to pay for any declared war. During my lifetime LBJ proved that guns and butter does not and will not work. If the administration cannot get the Congress and the public to support a war, then maybe we should not be fighting it. Obvious, isn't it? However, the Congress (and administration) enacts or promotes political tax deductions. Voters can easily overcome any they don't like. I happen to believe that those who invest and benefit from using "extra" funds to promote various business enterprises are the ones who should benefit first, if not foremost from their risk. However, we all should benefit from investments. No capital, no jobs. The government makes no products. Its' so called revenue is taxes on many of us. Fine. We need government services. Maybe not as many as we have now or are proposed. Who shall pay for them? Regardless, that does not mean I think that there is not a lot of room for improvement to include tax reform. How good would it be if anyone who benefitted from capital gains tax treatment could only take for him or herself 10% with the rest needing to be re-invested? That might solve some of the "give-away" stock options for CEO's and the like. After all, the stock holders, not executives, are the ones taking the risk and need the most reward. This easily can be available for any worker with a 401(k) or the like. Invest in America. You might like it. Best regards, RA1
  2. What is the difference between a very bad driver and one talking on the phone? Answer: Not much. Likely this has been discussed more than once before but it boggles my mind that we all can easily observe other drivers and their poor performance but apparently everyone thinks this only applies to others. We can do it. Well, no, we can't. We all either get in one lane, tail gate and ignore what we should be doing. Or, we drive at a speed different from the flow of traffic, usually slower. Again, ignoring all driving except to keep moving and basically go straight ahead. This is illegal in many states and stupid in all of them. Being the hopeless romantic and optimist that I am, I am hoping that one day there will be the same relative recognition for not phoning while driving that there is for the use of seat belts of which I observe to be highly used. Best regards, RA1
  3. No fair doing all the different sequences and then, starting over. Although I suppose starting over is the beginning of each sequence, isn't it? Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Yes, a scene such as this can easily be a prelude to in-laws and out-laws as they may present themselves. Obviously the MIL is at the top of this hit parade. Best regards, RA1
  5. I see you can still talk the ME lingo. Best regards, RA1
  6. AS- Two articles regarding the research requested. www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/20/2758871/floridas-welfare-drug-tests-cost.html http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/14/Krauthammer-whitewashes-bushs-history-to-bash-0/189890 Best regards, RA1
  7. Is this to be loosely based upon your (ex) neighbors? Best regards, RA1
  8. Sometimes I believe there is a different order to this sequence. Best regards, RA1
  9. Dorothy Parker? Best regards, RA1
  10. wayout- I think we need Charlie PS to make a comment on your "conundrum". I think English has the most "exceptions" to rules of grammar, the most idioms and likely the most slang of any language. But I wouldn't mind further comments. Best regards, RA1
  11. Your "features" seem to have wonderful beginnings and blowing your skirt up sounds as if it could be fun. Euler sounds like he could be fun at a party. But, then, I was always easy. Best regards, RA1
  12. You left out secant but then trig was not part and parcel of this discussion, was it? Best regards, RA1
  13. I have lots of Marriott points but do I have to fly to BKK to use them? It would be fun. Best regards, RA1
  14. Before you apologize or recant there has to be something of substance or semi-substance to "digest". Speaking of recanting, can wine be put back in the bottle without damage? Just curious. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    It very well could be. Best regards, RA1
  16. Likely it was a fig as in a figment of my imagination. Best regards, RA1
  17. I researched it before posting but now you will have to wait until I sober up. Likely tomorrow. Best regards, RA1
  18. Likely in a bar which could have been Yale. Context was "offered". Others are add-ons. Best regards, RA1
  19. This statistic also seems to be suspect. Every one of our Presidents has likely had one or more embassies under some sort of duress. How many ambassadors were killed and under what circumstances likely is the question. Not in terms of human life but in terms of political importance, the embassies have relative rank. Also, how many of them asked for help and were given the bureaucratic "brushoff"? As you know, AS, I am not picking on you. I am more than willing to read about some more "proof". Best regards, RA1
  20. I agree it isn't funny and our civil liberties are under attack but one site that I read said that FL spent $45,000 more than it saved in this process. Could there be some hyperbole somewhere herein? Best regards, RA1
  21. I think I once had a date with Ben Wa. Best regards, RA1
  22. I have done this but it wasn't with a thought but an escort. Best regards, RA1
  23. I am an old negative aka conservative. Will I do? Best regards, RA1
  24. I have always thought of certain latex or non-latex devices as wonderments. They can prevent disease AND pregnancy all at once. Gloves from the same material have some of the same properties and, like all 5 fingered items can often perform the same service. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.