Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. Why? Without that headline we would not have political humor. Wait. We have the present administration, the Congress and the 9 Supremes. Never mind. Best regards, RA1
  2. Personally I do not use weed. Most aviation employees are on drug testing programs and weed use is grounds for dismissal. It is widely believed that weed use can be detected long after use, unlike alcohol and some other substances. Therefore, most employees do not use it, perhaps except on extended vacations or the like. Like almost anything, likely there is more to be discovered about the use of weed. I personally have no problem with medical weed. However, I don't want those folks driving cars or airplanes or any heavy equipment but apparently most of them are incapable of such because of their illness if not the effects of weed. I realize some readers and posters herein use weed and other recreational drugs. That is their personal choice and I leave them to it. One other small point. I do believe there is such a thing as an addictive personality which suggests those folks might be more susceptible to dependency on any drug. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Tom, the tiger mascot of the University of Memphis, was allowed to roam freely in the home of his handler, much to the chagrin of unknowing and unsuspecting visitors. He loved to sneak up on visitors and put his front paws on their shoulders. That was at least one or two iterations of Tom ago. Now I think he is kept in more ordinary surroundings. Best regards, RA1
  4. DP was probably my favorite member of the Algonquin Round Table. My mother actually used paregoric on my gums when I was teething. Best regards, RA1
  5. I believe this kind of stuff was completely legal in the US until about 1920. Best regards, RA1
  6. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I would think an empty subway car would be more unusual than one with a shark on it. Best regards, RA1
  7. This is a tragic outcome. Snakes such as pythons have been exotic pets for a while and they have unusual considerations. As the article states, they ordinarily do not seek to attack anyone except when they are hungry. Even then, according to snake owners, they generally will only seek prey that is small enough for them to consume. I have heard of one python owner who woke up finding his pet snake with an arm up to the shoulder inside the snake. He did not panic (the owner) and just remained still while the snake "realized" that he could go no further with this "meal" and backed off, leaving the owner intact and the snake still hungry. Sorry this happened. Best regards, RA1
  8. All the posturing by everyone is just about the money. Never lose sight of that. There is no honor or business conviction involved. Best regards, RA1
  9. Lucky- How would you compare a suspension in MLB to criminal court? Is it an indictment or a conviction? Calling the next step with an arbiter an appeal could signify either. I realize this is somewhat to mostly apples and oranges but you get the point. Best regards, RA1
  10. The Navy calls these hash marks as in hash marks on your skivvies. They also call the stripes on the forearm of your dress uniform signifying each 4 years under contract hash marks. Is this because you have put up with 4 more years of this shit? Go figure. Best regards, RA1
  11. Not to speak for TOZ but I have to think he has no opinion about Snowden or his opinion is not suggesting he is a traitor. I am willing to suppose that OZ used that moniker to simply identify Snowden. Best regards, RA1
  12. All together now: current politics as usual. Best regards, RA1
  13. Russia used to treat political opponents like this but since they have become criminalistic, er, I mean capitalistic, I suppose they HAD to turn their attention elsewhere. Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Interesting. I wonder if there is some practical limit to using the internet? I also would like for it to be more dependable than I perceive it to be now. However, satellite and cable TV also have their problems now. I can never tell from where the problem emanates when it flickers, the transmission site, the satellite company, my dish or what. We already are seeing some signs of increased fees for increased usage of the internet so likely there will be no savings when those fees become universal. The biggest advantage I immediately see is being able to pay for what you watch only, rather than for all those channels never accessed. Best regards, RA1
  15. Do you get Olathe, CO corn where you are? Kroger buys most of the whole crop but although there is a Kroger on every street corner here ( like Walgreen's) they are not every where. Best regards, RA1
  16. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Wow, talk about "family control" aka limiting the size of a family. These kinds of "leap forwards" are not the way to do it. When the USA was heavily into initial industry invention, at least we had wide open spaces for some of the pollution to migrate into. There is no easy or quick solution to China's pollution problems just like there is no easy or quick solution to their various great leaps concerning their economy. I am not condemning China for their approach to industrialization and not making fun of them. We all need to get along in some fashion but I find neither China's way or BO's way to be satisfactory. Next attempt, please. Best regards, RA1
  17. I suppose "prompt and utter destruction" is too vague? In other words, you think it was "pre-cold war" politics at its' best or worst? Too bad we didn't have SDI then. So, why do you think we "got over it" other than starting WW III as a nuclear war when we demurred from dropping a nuclear weapon on North Korea, even though General MacArthur thought we should? Apparently he had a change of heart from not dropping one on Japan. Best regards, RA1 Did I read different history books from those you did?
  18. This question will never be settled, especially retrospectively. Global war by definition is inhumane. Interesting that most of the commenters may be folks who made the "big decisions" but how about some from the foot soldier? He is the guy who would be "testing" any surrender by the Japanese without the bomb being dropped. Everyone of those commenters had an agendum. Curtis LeMay thought the Japanese would surrender because Tokyo and other cities had been fire bombed, some almost to oblivion but no such surrender. Douglas MacArthur became the defacto emperor after the surrender. Truman did broadcast a description of the bomb and its' effects but who had the background to believe it? As everyone who reads this post knows, there are many, many large books devoted to this topic and, to repeat, I don't see how we can decide today what should have been done then. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I am not going to ask for a transplant from you. But, we could have a lot of fun auditioning for same. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I think you do, but not personal organs, only those at your local church. Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    hitousa- I would like to humbly suggest that you do not volunteer for an autopsy no matter the remuneration. The "taxes" on same are brutal. Best regards, RA1
  22. Anything so long as it's not Russian vodka, eh? Personally I like tequila but what's not to like? Best regards, RA1
  23. They saved it and drank it themselves. There is a difference between a public posture and private actions. JFK bought all the Cuban cigars he could get his hands on before the embargo. Best regards, RA1
  24. That is what I was thinking. Best regards, RA1
  25. This idea blows my mind. How can someone who has only worked as a neighborhood co-ordinator and then "elected" senator and President complain about "working the system"? He has written books and gained enormous wealth, courtesy of his various public offices. He spends millions of US tax dollars on vacations. How in the world can he mention what anyone else has done? Obviously the US system of gaining wealth through public "confidence" is alive and well. He should at least acknowledge this and not make fun of it or denigrate it. Oh, well, politics as usual. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.