Everything posted by jason1975
-
Vietnamese boys: the good and the bad
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know many of the Vietnamese guys working in the bars. I hope you have better experiences in future.
-
surprise surprise! Jupiter now has…nudity!
I saw the same performances when I visited Jupiter last Wednesday night.
-
Patpong comings and goings
PR = GRO = Mamasan! But isn't mamasan job reserved for Thais only? 🤣
-
June 2026 trip report
This year's football World Cup in USA, Canada and Mexico is the largest ever with 48 countries taking part. Unfortunately, the time difference means that most football matches happen in the early hours of the morning eg 3:00am. Few bars are open at that time. In fact, Thailand has not confirmed whether it is broadcasting the football matches on television. Here are flags of the 48 countries. How many countries can you identify?
-
June 2026 trip report
While eating at Foodland, we noticed that there were flag decorations of the countries taking part in football World Cup which starts this coming Friday (2:00am Mexico vs South Africa opening match). Forum member's guy was very good at naming the countries by looking at the flags. He could even identify Bosnia! He could identify most countries.
-
June 2026 trip report
After catching up with each other over dinner at Foodland, forum member and I went to different bars for drinks - Rainbow Dragon and Midnight Bar - with Myanmar waiters who are so cute and engaging. We teased and flirted with them and they were happy to do the same to us. Finally at 11pm, we had to say goodbye and go to Good Boy where our guys were waiting for us. We went to Foodland again and made sure our guys ate something and would not be hungry when they go back with us to our rooms for the night.
-
Patpong comings and goings
-
June 2026 trip report
After laundry was lunch then pool time followed by nap. At 4:15pm, I started making my way to Lumpini Park for mass aerobics session from 5pm to 6pm. I reached at 4:30pm and I was surprised to see few people at the courtyard. Even until 4:45pm there were few people. But from 4:50pm onwards people started arriving and by 5pm, there was little space left with at least 500 people ready for exercise. This reminds me of the gogo bars where customers arrive 10 minutes before the first show starts (10:15pm for Freshboys and 10:30pm for other bars). Of course the best seats would have been taken up by then! Back to mass aerobics exercise at Lumpini Park. I saw many familiar faces. This was my fourth day in a row and I realise that there are a number of people who come daily. I worked out quite a bit of sweat today. My clothes were soaking wet after the session. I went back to shower then off for dinner with forum member at Foodland at 8pm.
-
June 2026 trip report
Even though I had drunk a fair bit of alcohol on Saturday night, I woke up at 7:30am on Sunday. I was hungry. I made my way to Foodland to enjoy 84 baht breakfast and was soon busy texting my guy in Vietnam about last night's activities. He disapproved of me drinking but he was happy that I enjoyed myself with a hunk. He was also happy that I discovered the mass aerobics sessions at Lumpini Park. He said that when he resumes work in Bangkok at end of the year and I go again, he will accompany me to Lumpini Park and we will exercise together every day. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ After breakfast, I did laundry. 1 hour for washing machine. Another 45 minutes for dryer. 5 washing machines but only 2 dryers at condo laundromat. When my washing was done, there were clothes inside the two dryers. There were two similar looking baskets so that means the clothes belonged to the same person. In fact, when I put my clothes in washing machine one hour ago, the dryers were already spinning with 40 minutes to go. Meaning the owner of the clothes in the dryers had not collected them for half an hour! I hung around and waited another 5 minutes. No sign of owner and I got fed up. I transferred the owner's clothes (which included bras and panties) out from one dryer to one of her baskets and I loaded my own clothes into the dryer. I went back to room for 45 minutes then went to collect my clothes from dryer. Mine were the only ones left in the laundromat. The clothes left behind previously had been collected by the owner. I did a check on my clothes. All in good condition. No missing clothes. I have heard horror sstories about psychotic people who were angry that someone had handled and transferred their clothes out from dryers and they sabotaged the other person's laundry!
-
June 2026 trip report
Tonight I took Music Guy to Beef. My 3rd time this trip and all with different guys. It was packed as it was a Saturday night. Music Guy and I danced in front of the DJ consoles and we kissed openly. Besides the drinks that came with the cover charge, we had additional tequila shots. At about 12:30am, I felt there were too many people and I told Music Guy we should leave. It took us a while to squeeze our way out and there was still a steady stream of people coming in. Just next to Beef is a bar with live bar. Unable to resist, I pulled Music Guy inside and we had beer while we enjoyed the live music. The atmosphere in the bar became even more lively when a big group of well-dressed Thais came in. They had came from a wedding (possibly nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel?) A few minutes later, the bride and groom joined the party. The groom even sang a song with the live band to his new wife. Music Guy and I happily took in the experience. We were drunk but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on this Saturday night.
-
June 2026 trip report
Somehow I procrastinated and went to Patpong late. I didn't have time to pop into Rainbow Dragon to have a drink with cute Myanmar waiter. I met Music Guy at Foodland for dinner. I gave him money to pay off fee at his bar. After dinner, we went to Soi 4. I asked a waiter at Balcony about Isaan performance that they put up last night. He said it's a once a month affair on the first Friday on the month. The next time will be Friday 3 July. I will try to come on a first Friday during one of my weekend trips. I also went to say hi to the two waiters at Jupiter whom I know personally. Vietnam waiter knows Music Guy. All the Vietnam guys know each other. Their numbers have grown fewer in recent years. Half Thai half Malaysian guy said he knows I went out with Myanmar Midnight bar waiter 2 nights ago. How? Through his social media. I had appeared in a video that he posted. They know each other as the first job they worked in Thailand was at a restaurant where they worked together. Small world indeed! Everyone knows someone!
-
June 2026 trip report
Since I was already in exercise gear, I decided to join the Lumpini walkers for one round around Lumpini Park. Barely 2 minutes later, I heard loud music from a white building. It sounded like a female singer singing backed by a live band. Being a sucker for live bands, I detoured and went inside the white building which was called Lumpini Hall. There was a grand stage and a full band playing English and Thai songs with different singers. There were about 30 people in audience, mostly the elderly. I sat on one of the empty chairs. I ended up staying to watch the performance until 7pm. After that no more walk. Back to condo to shower and get ready for the night.
-
June 2026 trip report
Saturday. One week in Bangkok. One more week to go. Breakfast, pool, lunch, pool, nap. Went out to go to mass aerobics session at Lumpini Park. Reached at 5:45pm but the aerobics had already started at 5pm! I followed along whatever was left while standing from the side on the grass patch. On Saturday, there's only one session from 5pm to 6pm. Weekdays are two sessions 6pm to 8pm. I only discovered this after looking at the monthly schedule which was projected on the screen at the end of today's session.
-
June 2026 trip report
It doesn't have a name. On Google Maps, it is known as Myanmar food. https://maps.app.goo.gl/fgEGgpL6QwAsWnYE7?g_st=ac It is a few steps away from Skybar / h.i.m restaurant / karaoke / disco
-
June 2026 trip report
Friday - I woke up after 9am with a hangover. No breakfast at Foodland. I got something to eat from nearby 7 Eleven then went back to sleep. I woke up mid-afternoon and went swimming to get over effects of hangover. At 5pm, I made my way to Lumpini Park for mass aerobics exercise. I saw the same Thai guy as yesterday at same spot in the centre of the courtyard. There was also a Thai auntie I remembered seeing. Today's exercise was cute because 3 drag queens were on stage to conduct warm-ups. One of them dropped his wig halfway! The 6pm to 7pm session was led by a Thai auntie who looked to be in her 70s but she was well-respected by the crowd. After her session, a bunch of 5 youthful looking fellas went on stage. 7pm to 8pm was zumba and the crowd became much younger. I followed along for 15 minutes but it was too energetic for me so I went back to airbnb condo. I had a shower then ate dinner. I then went to Rainbow Dragon to have drinks with cute Myanmar waiter and taught him more Mandarin phrases to speak to Chinese customers. After the lesson, I went to Dreamboys to off Music Guy. I didn't want to go into the bar so I told mamasan his number. But I said the wrong number! Mamasan brought out a different guy. Oops! I realised my mistake and mamasan brought Music Guy out to me. It was too early to go back to room so we walked to soi 4 to have a drink. We passed by Rainbow Unicorn, saw the words "Karaoke Upstairs" and immediately went in. Unlike h.i.m and Happy Beer Garden which charges an hourly rate for their private karaoke rooms, Rainbow Unicorn has an open karaoke set-up. Not private room so no hourly rate. Anyone can go and sing. We were the only customers upstairs so we could karaoke all we wanted. Just pay for drinks - which is cheap! 120 baht x 2 = 240 baht. Music Guy enjoyed singing. We were there for one hour. The owner of the bar came up to adjust the volume slightly down. Oops! After karaoke, it was back to condo to spend more intimate time with Music Guy.
-
June 2026 trip report
I don't disagree with you @Min but I do think many forum members and gays in general are in similar situation for finding companionship.
-
Circus Bar etc. up for sale, and is Gay Soi 4 going soon?
I just went to Balcony and spoke to one of the waiters. The Isaan show is once a month. The next time they will have the show is 3 July.
-
June 2026 trip report
Mindful of the crowd of people who would be leaving when DJ Station closes at 3am, I decided to leave 15 minutes earlier. As my date and I walked along Surawong Road towards soi 6, checkers champion turned out from Patpong 2 and was happy to see us. He had just finished closing up Midnight and was on his way home. "Join us to Skybar?" I asked. He replied yes happily. Just before we reached Skybar, we passed by small eatery. The 5 Cambodians were there eating supper. My date suggested that we eat something first. I agreed and I found out that the eatery serves authentic Myanmar dishes in addition to Thai menu. It is owned by Myanmar boss. My date is on friendly terms with the two young ladies who work at the eatery. The 5 Cambodians finished eating and left. As it turned out, my date misheard them. They didn't intend to go to Skybar to continue dancing. They went to eat supper at the eatery near Skybar. So it was just me and my 2 companions who went to Skybar disco. To clarify, the correct current name is h.i.m. but many people refer to it as Skybar. Entry to the disco on the 4th floor costs 200 baht per person with one drink. Compared to Beef (400 baht and 2 drinks) and DJ Station (400 baht and 1 drink but a big drink), Skyball is cheapest disco in Silom in absolute term. The building consists of 4 floors. The first floor is restaurant with open karaoke, the second and third floors contain private karaoke rooms and the fourth floor is the disco which operates from 3am to 5am. Not a very big space but pretty good vibes. It wasn't purely a gay disco. There were men and women. Three groups had ordered beer towers and were drinking. Even split of Thai and international. About 50 people in the disco during our time there. At 4am, I decided it was time to end the night. I tipped my date for his time and I also gave a small tip to checkers champion. He initially refused to take it but I squeezed the notes into his hand. Both guys walked me back to airbnb on soi 3. They stay at Sathorn so they would need to pass by soi 3. I got back into the room and I fell asleep straightaway, half from fatigue and the other half from drinking beer, whisky and vodka the whole night. Overall fun experience. Would do it again in future!
-
June 2026 trip report
There were people at DJ Station but it wasn't fully packed. There were seats available to sit on and people watch. My date spotted his friends on dance floor. 5 of them in fact. Not Myanmar but Cambodian. He knows them as he stays near some of them. They work in bars - Freshboys, Dreamboys, Banana - and they had come to DJ Station to dance after work. My date took my hand and we danced with the Cambodians. An Asian lady joined in while her shy lady friend sat and watched. Asian lady was happy because there were so many cute handsome boys dancing around her. The Cambodians left at 2:30am. They said they were moving to Skybar. My date and I stayed for another 15 minutes. We enjoyed watching the dancing at the K-Pop section. One thing about my date is that he is very cute looking. Two guys at DJ Station tried to hit on him. I subtly told them to f*** off by toasting my drink against my date's drink!
-
June 2026 trip report
We left Joy Zone before the 2nd cabaret show. When we got out to Silom Road, I asked White Rabbit whether GASS was open. I like the gogo boys dancing at GASS. Unfortunately no, not open on Thursday. Only open Friday to Sunday. My date and I then had to decide between DJ Station and Beef. Two nights ago on a Tuesday night I was at Beef and it was so packed that handsome Viet guy and I had a hard time pushing our way out to exit. "DJ station now won't have many people. Must wait until 1 o'clock," my date said. Alright, let's go to Beef then. But what a surprise! Very few people at Beef! Not more than 30. Then I realised why Tuesday night was packed. Wednesday was the Queen's birthday and local Thais did not have to work so they could party on Tuesday night. What a complete change of atmosphere in 2 nights. My date and I tried to enjoy ourselves at Beef (helped by whisky tonic drinks) but nobody was dancing. Everyone was seated and chatting among themselves. One guy was even busy playing a game on his phone. My date and I stayed till 1:30am then we decided to go to DJ Station.
-
June 2026 trip report
We walked to Silom Road and went to Joy Zone, a new show bar next to White rabbit and GASS. We took an elevator up to a beautifully decorated floor with wall sculptures, a stage with curtains and tables and chairs for dining. There were beer barrel tables right in front of the stage. My date and I sat at sofa seat with table by the side and we ordered beer and light snacks to munch on while we watched the show. 5 ladyboy diva performers, 2 male dancers and 3 gogo dancers. About 10 customers in and out of the bar during the one hour we were there. The show was very professional. Well chereographed. Pattaya has come to Bangkok! And prices were reasonable. Our bill was 670 baht. I tipped 600 baht - 200 baht to each gogo dancer.
-
June 2026 trip report
The plan tonight was to visit at least 3 bars until 4am and at least 1 bar must be a bar that I haven't visited before. Not gogo bars with boys on stage to be offed but drinking bars and discos where local gay Thais frequent. We left Midnight at 10:30pm and walked along Surawong Road towards Crowne Plaza Hotel. First stop was Cake - a bar for bears and bear lovers. Unfortunately only 4 people in bar (and 2 of them were the staff) when my date and I walked in. We smiled politely and said we would return again.
-
Circus Bar etc. up for sale, and is Gay Soi 4 going soon?
Drats. I missed the Isaan party. I was in soi 4 at Rainbow unicorn karaoke upstairs room for an hour with my guy. I didn't walk further into soi 4 otherwise I would have seen the party at Balcony.
-
June 2026 trip report
Back to airbnb to shower and change of clothes for a long night of fun. First stop was Rainbow Dragon where I had drinks with cute Myanmar waiter. I said sorry for not coming yesterday night. I taught him more useful Mandarin phrases which he can use to converse with Chinese customers if they happen to pass by. Unfortunately, customers at Rainbow Dragon are mainly farang. According to Myanmar waiter, business has been down significantly since Songkran. He calls it "Thailand New Year." After chatting 15 minutes, I said goodbye and see you tomorrow. I went to Midnight bar where I had arranged to off Myanmar waiter to go bar hopping for whole night. But first, two games of checkers against checkers champion. Alas, he was too good for me. No shirtless forfeit and I handed over 200 baht to deserving champion. At 10:30pm, my date and I made our move to go to the first bar of tonight's bar hopping night.
-
June 2026 trip report
I joined in the mass aerobics session at Lumpini Park from 6pm to 7pm. I arrived at 5:45pm, bought a bottle of iced water and some snacks then I went to the centre of the courtyard. There were already at least 200 people ready for exercise. By the end of the session, more had joined in and I estimate at least 500 people. At 6pm, there was silence and the Thai national anthem was played over the speakers. Everyone was respectul and stood at attention. After that the aerobics began. I managed to fumble my way through the one hour. I looked at the dance instructors and followed their moves as much as I could. There was a wide range of ages. All adults. I didn't see any kids or teens. Few non-Thais. Men were in the minority - husbands and boyfriends. There were some guys who were alone. One Thai guy in 30s and wearing all pink muay thai style singlet and shorts was near me. He was enthusiastic and moved without much effort. He was definitely a regular. Later on after the exercise, I spotted him praying for quite some time outside shrine at Park Silom. I hope he gets his wishes granted.