Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

floridarob

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by floridarob

  1. I can't even sing, I was told I looked like an Osmond when I was younger though 🤷‍♂️
  2. @PeterRS2, I hadn’t even managed to reply to your last post and you were already back in the archives digging up another one of mine. 😂 And once again, you’re proving the point rather than disproving it 🤷‍♂️ That February post was answering a question about hotel bookings, room allocation, OTAs and status benefits. I spent decades in the hotel business, so yes, I gave a detailed answer. Just like a trip report can be long because there’s actually a trip to report....duh. Nobody said, “Peter writes long posts, therefore long posts are bad.” The joke was that you can take one tiny throwaway remark and turn it into a multi-post investigation requiring rebuttals, old threads, member histories and supporting exhibits.... that's @Keithambrose job, he's an English attorney, apparently 😉 You’ve now searched back through February, March and July, quoted entire old posts, invoked the Board rules, accused me of lying and apparently opened a branch office of the National Archives... all before I could reply once. 😲 And then you finish by dragging @mauRICE back into it too. Peter, at this point you’re not defending yourself from the joke, you’re providing new material for it, don't you see it? If you dig any deeper into my posting history, we’re going to have to send in a rescue team with helmets and mining equipment, and you’ll probably surface somewhere in Pattaya clutching three posts from 2007 and shouting, “Aha! I knew it!” 😂 You really should know by now how much I enjoy fucking around like this. I’m sitting here laughing while imagining you reading every word with a furrowed brow as though you’re preparing evidence for the Court of Appeal.... Lighten up a little. Not every joke is a challenge to your honor that requires a rebuttal, supporting exhibits and three witnesses. Sometimes it’s just people taking the piss, I had to look up that expression 😝 @BjornAgain can attest to this. He’s been out drinking with me a few times. This is pretty much me in real life too. The sarcasm doesn’t get switched on for the forum, it comes as standard equipment. 😂
  3. Peter, you’re missing the point again. 😂 Yes, we agreed to stop the tit for tat between us. But in that same PM you also said you realised you had been “probably over the top” and that “in future I will cease such direct criticism.” Then, barely a day later, you’re calling another poster “ridiculous,” “childish,” saying he posted “rubbish,” and suggesting he should move to another forum 🧐 So if anyone broke yesterday’s spirit first, it wasn’t me. I wasn’t restarting our argument, I was giving you a joking reminder that you were doing exactly what you had just said you were going to stop doing. Hence: “Peter... here you go again.” 😝 And nobody asked you to change your posting style or shorten your posts. Write War and Peace if you like. Just maybe don’t declare war every time someone throws a paper airplane at you. 😂 @Olddaddy practically gift-wrapped the joke, put your name on it and handed it to you... and you still opened it looking for a serious discussion. 😂
  4. I was thinking Matlock or Horace Rumpole ?
  5. I was younger
  6. floridarob replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    Interesting, I've never heard this term.... does that make them Armenian ?
  7. I'll always remember it as the Ramada Tawana, a tour bus hotel filled with groups and a luggage all over the lobby and security standing at the elevator waiting to charge a joiner fee.... not that I ever stayed there, but went in the lobby a few times. Maybe the older visitors remember it as the Sheraton, was before my time
  8. Are you really an attorney or just play one on TV 😝
  9. American influence? Also, the government ran a 'welfare program' that let officials buy cheap discounted pistols and flip them to civilians after five years, their borders leak black-market weapons like @Olddaddy at Sansuk sauna 😲 Rural police response times are so horrible that people just buy homemade handguns to protect their own cows....because not everyone has a falang to help the family when something happens to their cow🤷‍♂️
  10. @PeterRS2... here you go again. 😂 A two-line joke about you turning small points into lengthy debates has somehow turned into a lengthy debate about why you don’t turn small points into lengthy debates 🤷‍♂️ At this rate we’re going to have to designate you our problem child and put you in the corner until you promise not to turn the punishment into a four-paragraph rebuttal. 😝
  11. Ahhh, I thought the flight departed on time, without people with connections.
  12. About 40% of the time I have to be an instructor to show them what to do, they think just sticking it and and act like a jackhammer is being a good top 🙄 Is why when I find someone good in my travels, I'll go with them several times....I hate giving classes over and over again.
  13. Can the people in the neighboring rooms say the same thing?
  14. Peter, I just went back and looked. That mysterious “le” you quoted isn’t even in the text I wrote, so whether that was a forum glitch, a copying artifact or something else, congratulations on finding it... I guess 🤷‍♂️ What’s even better is that there actually IS a grammatical error in my post: I wrote “someone remembers your own words and turn the tables” instead of “turns the tables.” And you missed it....😲 I really couldn’t have arranged a better demonstration of my point if I tried. 😝 And as for “you expect me to believe we care about you” yes, actually I do. We all mess with each other on here, even if some of the jokes, sarcasm and innuendo occasionally sail several feet over your head ✈️ The regular posters are a bit like a family. A dysfunctional one, admittedly, and probably one that should never ALL be seated together at a Go-Go bar , but a family of sorts nonetheless. We do care about each other. Some of us just have different ways of showing it. Mine happens to be sarcasm, picked up on that??? And since you asked what I meant by “performances,” I meant yours. Some of your posts are so lengthy, detailed and confidently authoritative that I occasionally forget I’m reading a message board or whether I’ve stumbled into a peer-reviewed journal or a university lecture. Those performances don’t just stick in the memory, they get burned into it 😢 As for how I have time for all this while travelling, this week I’m actually home, with nowhere to go and apparently full of piss and vinegar. So fortunately for you, my schedule is wide open. 😝
  15. Such a title, since everyone is usually forum member 1 or 2..... bet we can guess who it is 😉 were you in your underwear or red shorts between them, I'm hoping someone starts this as a trend 🙏
  16. Interesting. When you repeatedly point out other members’ minor errors, misquotes or even tagging the wrong person, it’s apparently just maintaining standards, like we have any 😲 When someone remembers your own words and turn the tables on you, suddenly it becomes “childish,” “boring” and a “little game.”.... which I'm game for all three, at times. That distinction seems remarkably dependent on which side of the correction you happen to be on....were you an only child 🧒 And really, as a community we’re only looking out for you, I'm not alone in asking you about your travel insurance selection....If you ever do have to make a claim, we’d hate for your confidence that you’d “carefully read” the policy to meet some inconvenient bit of fine print that received the same quality control as those posts now apparently written “in haste.” I've been down that road and then it's too late to collect for something that you thought was covered Insurance companies are hardly famous for looking for reasons to pay more than they have to, and some exclusions, definitions and conditions seem almost designed to require a lawyer... I’d give that advice to anyone here, even @Keithambrose, and he’s an attorney, so he says 😝. He probably knows better than any of us what can be buried in the fine print. That’s probably the one place where being absolutely certain you read something correctly really does matter..... And don’t flatter yourself, I’m not “tracking” you. Half the time I can barely remember what country I was in last month. Some performances are simply memorable, overly longwinded, but memorable
  17. Ah, so now the posts are “usually made in haste.”😲 That’s a rather different standard from the careful proofreading you were so proud of a few posts ago 🧐 Funny how quickly the quality-control policy changes when the error is yours 🤷‍♂️ No wonder the crow flew off and @Olddaddy hasn't been back Maybe they were the real proofreaders. 😝
  18. Think I'll end the year with about 125 nts, with them from what I have on the books. And not exclusive with them, I'm a whore with airlines, hotels and men, a loyal whore I've been told by some 👼
  19. Might be easier to play the lottery, better odds 😝
  20. Might want to review it again, we've witnessed your proofreading skills .... they aren't as good as you think 🧐
  21. He's been with @vinapu enough, I'm sure he'll adapt the same calendar. I've stayed at hotels outside Silom/Suriwong and have status and preferential rates/upgrades having been a GM of hotels in my life.... I'll almost always stay at Tarntawan for the convenience even though it's about what I pay at a Hilton flagged property, getting to/from Silom to those other hotels are a pain in the ass, so easy to walk out the door and be in the middle of the action practically.... I've been to the Meridian with friends that have more money than brains, it's nice.... I just can't justify the price difference though, and I love the people at Tarntawan, plus I'm not a lawyer 😉
  22. Won't that happen regardless of the type of floor?
  23. @vinapurecommended to me Royal Crown hotel.... I'd stay there again, which is the biggest compliment I can give to a hotel, reasonable price, good location, great staff, I didn't have any problems with visitors, but sure I'd had less traffic than Auntie Vin 😁 here is my short review from that trip

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.