Where are the moderators

We have 2 threads which included insulting personal attacks this week. 

I have reported them yesterday. They are still there.

Here's one example:     http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9978-airport-to-hotel/page-3

Is it still so mentally challenging, tryingly hot that non sequiturs dribble out out like salvia from an old man on a porch, Southern style drivel?
 Empty bottle of hoochie mama? Sick stuck in the back of your throat? Alligator mistaking you for carrion snapping at your toes?
 Im not resorting to insult here it does the same to everyone, Hutchison.
 It's called dementia, when you cant even keep track of who started the thread should you be commenting at all I wonder?

If that doesn't justify moderation & termination of membership, what does?

The other one is from someone who contributes nothing positive to the board, just insults. Sometimes weeding out is necessary.

Of course, if the moderating policy is to be so hands off this becomes a bitch board, then it would be helpful just to announce it, so the members can decide if this is the right board for us.

The best way to handle posters like Cedric is to bury him with facts which he has no answer for like I did .  Since you think that was an attack on me, I just considered it laughable from someone who is being laughed at by all the posters in the thread.

Since you did not say what the other post was I am unable to comment except that I think the moderation here is just fine .

By the way since actually it is impossible to really ban anyone why bother with the futility.  All you can ban is 1 IP address.  I have at least 5 IP addresses including IPhone 4 G accounts .

Surfcrest thinks he banned me but I am on that site anytime I care to be. If I wanted to register again I could , just need another email address of which I have 7.

I have not re-registered because as the Owner I respect his right to try to ban me even if his reasons were ridiculous.

But it is a public Board with some fun members and I go there anytime I want to read their posts. Just today there was an interesting post about Jomtien being turned into a Walking Street. Sounds like a good idea?

I am not trying to start a fight with Surfcrest but using it as an example of futility of banning someone.

The only thing that can really be done is to just delete the posts which I have noticed happens sometimes and is a simple way of dealing with it.

The best way to handle posters like Cedric is to bury him with facts which he has no answer for like I did .  Since you think that was an attack on me, I just considered it laughable from someone who is being laughed at by all the posters in the thread.

The people who lack the intelligence and good manners to conduct a civilised debate will ignore the facts presented and resort to childish abuse.    Which is exactly what happened here.  

However, this tends not to stop them.  The question also arises what kind of board do we want to participate in?

I & presumably quite a few others have no interest in participating with people who just resort to rude insults.   Some wit is OK, but there is none of that here.   If this becomes a bitch board, I am going elsewhere.

I would propose this kind of post should be removed form the board, preferably along with the membership.

For the lower level nuisance posts which do not merit moderating, I think the best approach is for members put the offenders on IGNORE.

Gets tiresome hearing the same thing from you every 3 months.  Even more tiresome when you fail to reply to my accurate assertion that nobody can be banned.  

They can come back in 10 minutes under another name and email and a VPN address such as Hidemyass

Meanwhile Cedic is gone and has been for 3 days.  You need to keep up! And since it was me he was replying to and I'm not upset I fail to see what business it is of yours.????

Meanwhile Cedic is gone and has been for 3 days.  You need to keep up! And since it was me he was replying to and I'm not upset I fail to see what business it is of yours.????

The board has rules. I think any member is entitled to ask questions if the rules are broken. So that's what I'm doing.

my preferred way of dealing with abusive and insulting posters would be throwing even more abuse and insults back at them but I realize this would lead to my speedy termination.

I hope Cedric will resume posting , not that I agree with his assessment of Bangkok taxi situation.  I found his assertions on the taxi subject so close to fantasy that I was hoping next installment will include story about snow storm  at Ekkamai last Songkran or so.    

Of course, if the moderating policy is to be so hands off this becomes a bitch board, then it would be helpful just to announce it, so the members can decide if this is the right board for us.

I think there is a difference between a bitch board and letting adults settle a dispute. But, at the same time, there must be some respect to other views from all members and when this is not happening a moderator needs to step in and ask for everyone to calm down.  I don't think banning members and closing threads should be the first step or even the 8th step, but I do think it should be left in the equation.

I think there is a difference between a bitch board and letting adults settle a dispute. But, at the same time, there must be some respect to other views from all members and when this is not happening a moderator needs to step in and ask for everyone to calm down.  I don't think banning members and closing threads should be the first step or even the 8th step, but I do think it should be left in the equation.

I would suggest this is an example where the moderator should be stepping in.

It's not just about respecting board rules. 

In the case quoted we have is a thread on Taxis from the airport, which is a very useful topic when people choose to share their recommendations on taxi firms.   Whilst the thread started off with members trying to help each other, the thread has now descended into bitching.  

Useful threads should not be allowed to go off the rails like this.

Your post makes no sense. You quote something from Michael which is in response to your complaint as an OP and has nothing to do with the taxi thread.

And for the 3rd time I point out to you the person whose posts you had a problem with in a different  thread has not posted for 3 days.

How long can we expect you to complain about a poster who is no longer posting?

Recent post deleted and now this thread is closed.  New posters need to be careful of insulting either members or the general audience.

Long Time Members should know what is proper and not proper in this Forum.