PattayaMale

The Great American Rib Co.

On another forum there was a discussion about a BBQ restaurant. The place is located on Thepprasit Road. On the right habd side if going from Jomtien. I did not see anything posted on this forum so...

My Thai friend and I ate there tonight (Friday) and found the food very good, plentiful, and priced ok. We had so much food we brought half of it home. We had the "Feast" for 2. I think it could have easily feed four!. The bill for the "feast" which included french curly fries, toasted bread, cup of BBQ beans, potato salad, cole slaw, 10 ribs, pulled pork, a whole chicken, sliced pork was 595, we also had 2 starters, a beer and 2 waters was 1050 baht which included the 7% vat and 10% service fee. They now have 3 outlets, Bangkok, Pattaya, and Hua Hin.

Next time we go we will take 2 friends and I am sure the above food will give all of us plenty to eat. I did ask about the size of the sides before we ate and the owner said just ask for free refills. We could not even finish what we had though. By the time we were finishing our meal about 8:30 the place was very full. Many people were enjoying the outside dinning, which is very nice. The air con room is large and cool. The band was not playing, but here is a stage set up for one.

I have an American friend that has eaten at the American BBQ (I think called Bob's) on south Pattaya road near the intersection of 3 rd road. He said he'd never eat there again. For him the portions were small and over priced. So don't confuse the 2 places. They are VERY different!

Guest jomtiened

Hey guys,

Last night, BF and I went to the Great American Rib. CO. We also had the half feast and it is definitely enough food for 3 people. All of the food was excellent-great ribs, terriific barbecued chicken, pulled pork and pastromi pork. The sides of cole slaw and baked beans were excellent-potato salad---OK. Good ambience, good wait staff. My only small complaint is that they add 7% VAT to the bill, as well as 10% service. I don't mind the service charge, but I think the restaurant should assume the responsibility for the VAT and include it in the price. For those of you who like American Barbecue, I highly recommend it. I also think that most Thais will enjoy the food.