Guest anonone

Pattaya Thoughts -July 2015 Visit

Hey Anone,

Your Isan trip report is great!!!

I love seeing and learning about places that are not in the Top 4 most popular list (BKK, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket)

I just returned from LOS and I am working on my trip report and I hope to post part one later today.

Too bad that we did not get to meet when I was in Pattaya - hopefully next time...

cheers,

M.

"The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language."

George Bernard Shaw

Yes. On my first visit to the U.S. I was shocked to hear a father admonish his young daughter that if she didn't behave he was going to smack her fanny.

Guest anonone

if you need to wake up at 9 a.m. just think that it's 9 p.m. at home, it should cheer you up.

I admire you have stamina to  go through those 24 hr flights to be in LOS only a week or so but I think at end of day this is better option - few shorter trips rather  than one long one  when at end of stay one feels worn down a bit.

thank you for  a great reports

That actually is the part that makes it much worse.  As I mentioned, I typically stay awake all night in Thailand and end up sleeping all day...which is perfect as that keeps my sleep pattern exactly the same as when I am home.  I usually avoid jet leg totally.  Trying to sleep at night at wake up at 9AM just killed me.

I have managed to schedule a 2 week visit to Thailand later this year, which I am very excited about.  Can't wait to spend a bit more time and see how it goes.  Might not party quite so hard every night on that trip....maybe.  LOL

Thanks, what a superb report..

What on earth is a "traffic circle" ?     Would that be the Americanism for a roundabout? :unknw:

Yes.  Don't feel bad.  When I first heard the term, it took me some time to figure out what the hell a "roundabout" is. 

"The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language."

George Bernard Shaw

Whichever term is used, I strongly dislike trying to navigate them in Thailand.  But quite proud that I motored around for 2 days and did not clip anyone else.  Progress!

Hey Anone,

Your Isan trip report is great!!!

I love seeing and learning about places that are not in the Top 4 most popular list (BKK, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket)

I just returned from LOS and I am working on my trip report and I hope to post part one later today.

Too bad that we did not get to meet when I was in Pattaya - hopefully next time...

cheers,

M.

Hi M.

Yes, I am sorry as well.  Hopefully our paths will cross soon and we can share a drink and catch up.

I am very much enjoying your trip report as well and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventure.

Anonone. Just a fabulous report and photos.

I think most here would consider you a very Lucky Man even without seeing your BF which makes you even luckier!!!

LOL  Thanks firecat.  I consider myself very fortunate and after 4 years I still consider BF to be one of the sexiest Thai guys around.

I do find that your trip reports have much more interesting photos and looking forward to your next visit so the reports can continue. :good:

Guest anonone

While running the risk of blathering on and wearing out my welcome, there were 2 items that I somehow failed to mention in my reporting. 

The first is the "accidental enema", which I am kinda surprised no one asked about.  I swear I typed out the story about it during the 2nd installment, but must have accidentally deleted it when adding the photos or something.

During the family dinner at the resort, we had numerous dished to share.  Sister started to exclude one of the dishes from my plate, saying it was too spicy for falang.  Now, I enjoy spicy food and whenever this is said to me I take it as a personal challenge.  So, in addition to a sizable portion of this particular dish, I went out of my way to rather triumphantly snag an evil-looking chili that Papa pushed to the side of the dish and pop it into my mouth.  Much to the shock of the assembled group, I chewed and swallowed that demon seed...and yes, it hurt.  A lot.  My act of courage was followed by 10 minutes of hiccups, sucking in air, swilling beer, and several profane curses in an attempt to ease my suffering.  I like to think I elevated my status in the group that night, but probably wishful thinking.  LOL

Anyway, fast forward an hour or two later and BF and I are back in the resort cabin, lounging in bed, when the rumbles begin.  Having been in this situation many times previously, I excused myself to the toilet and started to pray.  Anyway, things eventually finished and I reached for the ever present bum gun....which should here forth be known as a "bum bazooka". I let loose with the nozzle and suddenly discovered that the pressure on that thing rivaled a fire hose. Un-frickin-believable.  I was violated...and not in a good way.   After finally getting that thing under control and finishing up, I exited to the bedroom where BF had a wide smile on his beautiful face..and then started to chuckle.  "Water strong, right?"  he said with a knowing grin.  He had discovered that same thing earlier.  He obviously decided that warning me would take a lot of potential fun out of the situation and, in fact, was loving my "discomfort" at experiencing the "accidental enema". 

The other, less graphic, item that I found interesting was a discussion I had with a Thai at one of the beer bars in Sunee.  As I tend to do on occasion, I will wander into a bar that I have not spent much (any) time in.  I like to check out new places and meet new friends, and have found this to be an excellent way to get out of my routine. 

Anyway, I order a beer and start chatting with one of the staff.  Very pleasant guy with good English skills.  I offer him a drink and we just randomly chat about different things.  He mentioned how slow things have been with customers this season and the discussion turned eventually to the beach. 

I asked if he ever went to the beach during the day to try and meet customers there and his response was rather illuminating.  He said he does this on occasion, but that it really is not productive.  In his words, the falang at the beach are not interested in "making friends" at the beach. They only want to talk to other falang there.  He has had no luck at the beach.  Something to keep in mind for those that bemoan the lack of Thais at the beach.  Might do well to be observant and welcoming to those that make the effort to head down to the beach.  Might encourage more to show up. 

Anyway, I think that is all for now. 

Cheers.

While running the risk of....... wearing out my welcome...

rest assured there's not even remotest chance of that

thank you for great reports showing us parts of Thailand few of us venture in

That guy may be spot on with beach observation. 

When reading forums we have guys proclaiming that they are not visiting bars anymore and then complaining about slim pickings in them longing for days of old when even water was more moist then is now