TotallyOz

Gay Marriage now the Law of the Land in USA

The SCOTUS just made same sex marriage the law of the land in the USA.  It is a very exciting day in USA.

Lord, yes... the Facebook news feed was re-loading SO fast they might be wise to post a warning for epileptics. 

I'd just offer this: IMHO it wasn't a "win" for either side, pro or con... it was a win for common respect and common decency.

Guest abang1961

Yes but first, where is this American man for me?

I need to know him (better) and check for physical, mental, financial, sexual compatibility...  

Oops so much and so little time and opportunity...

But this is definitely a step-forward as same-sex partner needs recognition (especially during medical emergencies)

I am happy to have the legal right and I know I deserve it as it is just and right. But, I also know that the losing team will start to question every aspect of the law and it seems the buzzwords are Christian Liberty and not requiring pastors to perform the ceremonies. It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks and months exactly what happens and how this decision effects the next election as all the Republican candidates denounced the decision.

Guest anonone

How awesome for the White House to light up as the rainbow is celebration of the ruling...That is not photo-shop....that is OUR White House as seen from the street.  I can't imagine a better image for summing up the celebration.

white-house-rainbow.jpg?quality=65&strip

And a new raising of the flag this week...

caglecartoon.jpg?resize=720%2C262

Out with hatred...In with liberty for all. 

The times....they are a'changing !

Guest LoveThailand

Pastors can go fuck themselves. The state issues marriage certificates, does it not?

Finally for the US it is not about gay marriage anymore - it is about marriage.

Guest anonone

I could really not care less about any pastors that refuse to perform same sex marriages.  Not like I would be asking those bigoted fools for the service anyway. 

And I really hope the Republicans continue to talk incessantly about their faith-based ignorant views.  Going to make it just that much easier in the general election for Hilary to kick their ass.

I could really not care less about any pastors that refuse to perform same sex marriages.  Not like I would be asking those bigoted fools for the service anyway. 

And I really hope the Republicans continue to talk incessantly about their faith-based ignorant views.  Going to make it just that much easier in the general election for Hilary to kick their ass.

I agree but Bernie Sanders is really doing well in the polls here.

The more they talk about this, the more ignorant they look to the masses. 

For politics, I hope Donald Trump stays in the longest.  He is the greatest thing for Democrats since white bread.

I disagree tin some ways.  Trump as a candidate is a JOKE and everyone knows it.  With the media focusing on him they are not focusing on some of the Republicans who actually have a chance of winning.   

It is those candidates who have to be shown to have values that don't work for the majority of citizens.

Also Hilary continues to be a flawed candidate who has none of the political skills of Bill and just keeps making it easier and easier for the Right to attack her as a liar and manipulator  which she definitely is.  Of course so are all Politicians.

I wish there was another very strong Democratic candidate who could actually win.  8 years ago I was for Hilary and she ran the worst campaign of all time losing to at the time a Nobody.

Not sure she can run a great campaign against a strong Republican like Bush who is unlikely to make all the mistakes she made in 2008.

Chaos if a Republican gets in and gets 2 Supreme Court appointments .  Unfortunately if it ends up Clinton against Bush, I believe we will be up very late on election night and it is a coin flip who wins.

Unfortunately if it ends up Clinton against Bush, I believe we will be up very late on election night and it is a coin flip who wins.

Unfortunately is the word.

300 million strong country can't find other suitable candidates for highest position than son and brother of one president and wife of another.

An than we will hear sanctimonious admonitions about other dynastic countries from US politicians and media.

both Koreas, Cuba, Argentina, Philippines, Syria, Congo,Kenya,  Equatorial Guinea and now USA, what a marvelous congregation !