Guest ryoyo

[Pattaya] Any hotel prohibits guest's visit?

Guest ryoyo

I am wondering whether most accommodations in Pattaya don't allow guest's visit into the room.

I'm planning to stay at the Golden Ville Boutique and have some out-call massage service.

Will the masseurs be held back or is there any thing I have to do to make the visit go smoothly such as informing the receptionist beforehand?

This will be my first visit to Pattaya. I don't have much knowledge about the culture of the place, but actually, as far as I know, Smile Society in Bangkok on silom street does have a ban on tourist sex.

By the way, I would appreciate very much if someone can tell me what is the minimum tips for boys (from go go bar and spas)

Since you already know where you wish to stay, why not ask them?  I would find out before committing to a booking.  There are certainly plenty of other places to stay if you're not pleased with what they tell you.

High end hotels might not allow it.  I really don't know.  Obviously the gay hotels all allow 'guests.'  So do many guesthouses and mid-level hotels.  Some might charge a joiner fee, but the most popular hotels among where gay farang stay usually don't.  Many will require the boy to submit his ID card to them before he'll be allowed to go anywhere beyond the front desk.  Usually the hotels will check with you first, before giving the ID back to the boy, to make sure there are no problems, so make sure he has ID.  If the boy cannot or will not produce ID, wrong boy.  Find someone else.

There will be differing opinions about how much to tip a boy.  In my own opinion, in Pattaya a good tip amount for "short time," which means the boy leaves right after taking care of . . . well, you know, is 1000 baht.  For "long time," which means he stays overnight with you is 1500 to 2000 baht.  I advise making sure you and the boy agree on the amount - and make sure he understands - before you leave the bar or wherever you've met him.  I also advise making sure he understands and agrees to whatever it is you wish for him to do with you sexually.

Gay spas often will suggest tip amounts. 

If the boy tells you he wants more than those amounts, "up to you" whether you're willing to pay it, but those are the amounts I usually tip and I've never had any complaints.  Most Pattaya boys are quite satisfied with those amounts. 

Remember, this is how these boys make their money.  Gifts, dinners, nights out, drinks, shows, or whatever else - all might be appreciated, but those are not substitutes for their tip.  No matter how much you might spend on them, you still need to give them their tip in addition to it.  Also, if he needs to take a motorbike taxi or even a baht bus to get to and from you, give the fare to him too.

You might also try the Sansuk Sauna.  Tipping or money otherwise changing hands is not permitted at all there.  I haven't been there in quite a long time, but people who do go tell me the best times of day to find willing boys is between 3:00pm to 6:00pm.  It's hit or miss there.  Sometimes there will be several available boys and sometimes there won't be any at all.

There is the famous Atlanta Hotel which has a police no sex tourists (regardless of bringing guests or not), and I once stayed at the Sunflower Place Silom Soi 6 which had a "no joiner" policy (in Soi 6, of all places, diagonally across Super A).

But in the vast majority it should be no problem at all, and I recommend choosing a place that has no joiner fee.

Tips have been discussed extensively here and elsewhere, I agree with gaybutton's numbers. For massage with happy ending, I tip 1000 in Bangkok same as in Pattaya and never had problems.

I agree -ask the hotel. Sending an e-mail usually works.

Minimum short time is 1000, long time 1500 in Pattaya. Might be best to pay 20% more than that if your guest has been good, as I have suggested the minimum figures. I would usually pay more than the minimum.

If you get someone who is trying to provide no service at all, cut the minimum tip slightly or send him off with a very small tip before doing anything. However, this is very rare in Thailand. Must be about 2% of the time or less, but it's still a bad idea to pay the few very bad guys the same as the average ones. I am talking about the minority here.

For massage without any extras, 200 would be a good tip.

If they add in a happy ending and nothing else, 500-600 is enough. Christian is very generous paying 1000 for that. Masseurs frequently suggest a figure before offering that service and it is always 500 or 600. So that must be enough. Hand relief is just not equivalent to sex or BJ.

For, er, more service, obviously we're into service levels equivalent to short time offs, so tipping would logically be at the same level.

I cant add anything to the information about tips - its very sound

As regards hotels for your first visit to Pattaya I would advise staying in a place known for gay guests (mainly in Sunee, Boystown or Jomtien Complex or Dongtan Beach, if you intend to bring back boys to your room.

Yes there are often money boys circulating at Samsuk despite the warning notices. But sometimes they are just looking for a farang boyfriend not necessarily to have paid sex on the premises.

Sunflower Place Silom Soi 6 which had a "no joiner" policy (in Soi 6, of all places, diagonally across Super A).

that seems to be gone because sign on reception says they are charging 100 baht towel fee four guest's visitors

certainly I did not have any problem entering my friend's room at 1 a.m last night but for change friend is Thai and me,  the visitor farang.

My the way very nice , unheralded place at 20-25 $ a night close to it all 

Wow - "Culture and Pattaya" - now there's two words you don't often see used together in the same sentence ! :-)

check listings on Nicky Day Pattaya and you will see that's actually quite a bit of going on so stop badmouthing that refined city

I should have mentioned in my post above - not only make sure he has ID, but also make sure the ID is his.  Some of these boys, especially if they're under age, try to get away with using a friend or relative's ID card instead of his own.

Several years ago when Madam Jim was still running The Ambiance, he told me a story about his front desk clerk.  The clerk had lost his ID card.  He looked all over for it, but couldn't find it.  A few days later a farang wanted to bring a boy to his room in The Ambiance.  The desk clerk thought the boy looked suspiciously under age.  When he took a close look at the boy's ID card he had a big surprise.  It was his - the one he lost!  Whoops!  One boy permanently banned from The Ambiance, one disappointed farang, and one very delighted front desk clerk.

Guest ladygaygay

I should have mentioned in my post above - not only make sure he has ID, but also make sure the ID is his.  Some of these boys, especially if they're under age, try to get away with using a friend or relative's ID card instead of his own.

... One boy permanently banned from The Ambiance, one disappointed farang, and one very delighted front desk clerk.

Why was the "farang" disappointed??  Was he a pedophile?  He should be delighted that he was saved from potential arrest or blackmail, not to mention all sorts of ethical questions for sleeping with a child.

Why was the "farang" disappointed??.

I don't know.  If there was a "rest of the story," Jim never told me.  If you're curious to know if there's more to the story, you'll find Jim at the Baan Souy.

My guess is because it probably never occurred to the farang that the boy might be under age.  Many people, especially those who don't read these boards, simply assume if a boy is working in a bar, then he is of legal age.  Even after the desk clerk realized it was his own ID card, they still didn't know.  Without seeing the boy's actual ID card, how were they supposed to know whether he was under age or not?  A great many Thai boys look much younger than their actual age.

I'd say the farang was disappointed because he had bought drinks for the boy, paid an off fee, anticipated certain private activities - and ended up with nothing.

Ha I can only assume that you are jesting - I did and there's not ! Short of numerous adverts for Eros bar ( one of their sponsors) and numerous bar closings listings there are only two other asverts for events in June that could in any way be classed as "cultured entertainment" so I think I'll stick by my scurrilouly insulting remarks towards Pattaya and its cultural offerings I think :-)

I'll stick by my scurrilouly insulting remarks towards Pattaya and its cultural offerings I think :-)

I think the kind of culture you seek is probably the best kind.  I'm in Pattaya because it offers the kind of culture I seek - the worst kind . . .

Aunt Esther (LaWanda Page): "You heathen!  You're a dirty old man!"

Fred Sanford (Redd Foxx):  "Right!  And I'll be a dirty old man 'till I'm a dead old man"

-  'Sanford and Son'

If you are looking for culture in Pattaya ... buy a yoghurt.

To be clear I'm with GB on this one as to what sort of culture I would rather fill my nights with, you'll get no argument from me there, I was merely pointing out "the obvious" when someone else suggested that my view of Pattaya's fine cultural offerings might be incorrect as they are as most of us know almost non existent - which it seems is how most of the residents seem to like it otherwise I guess they'd live elsewhere .

Guest LoveThailand

High end hotels might not allow it.  I really don't know. 

Never had problems with visitors at high end hotels. Seems to me medium range ones are most likely to have issues with overnight guests or visitors.