gaperking

Places to stay in BKK

In my first visit to BKK I stayed at the Tarntawan. Nice hotel, not much different from any other hotel. During this first visit I went to Babylon sauna and a guy that I had fun with invited me to his room upstairs at the "barracks". We didn't exit the sauna but climbed up through the spiral staircase. i liked the ambiance and the idea of being so close to the action.

So on my second visit I decided to be daring, and I made reservations to stay for one week at the barracks. After a few days I liked the place so much that I extended my stay to a second week and cancelled a second reservation I had made at a regular hotel.

Since then, every time I visit the city, the Babylon is my home away from home. I know quite well its advantages and disadvantages, and I am a person who likes good value.

Advantages: It is a place with character and elegance, very well maintained. The rate is low, considering the extras that come with the room: a good buffet breakfast, free entry to the sauna with two passes per room (a pass is a nice gift to local friends from a single traveler), comfortable rooms without private bathroom but instead a large shared room in every floor with showers, sinks and toilets which reinforce the feeling of "gay community", free internet, and a well equipped gym and two decent restaurants at the sauna.

Very nice report, steveboy! What would you say about age distribution of Asian men in Babylon? I have understood that Babylon is not place for orgies but action is more one-on-one. Don't know in the other hand if there are places where actual orgies would take place. Would be interesting to attend... ;)

But certainly your report made me curious to try Babylon accommodation!

Whatever you do, avoid the Wall Street Inn Hotel near Soi Twilight.

I made the mistake to book one night there two years ago (fortunately just one night). There are ants everywhere in the hotel. In your bed, in the shower, on the floor, hell there were even ants at the plate with the poor breakfast they served me in the morning, which I of course gave back to them in disgust. On top of that rude staff and they informed me they charge 500 baht for taking guest to my room.  Worst hotel I have ever been to anywhere in the world.

Very nice report, steveboy! What would you say about age distribution of Asian men in Babylon? I have understood that Babylon is not place for orgies but action is more one-on-one. Don't know in the other hand if there are places where actual orgies would take place. Would be interesting to attend... ;)

But certainly your report made me curious to try Babylon accommodation!

The age distribution of Asians at Babylon varies from young adults to middle aged, but It is significantly younger than the age of Caucasians.  At the barracks there are often couples of young Asians who visit from nearby countries.  They go next door to the sauna and visit other gay places, and relate their experiences at the breakfast table.  At the sauna one finds some young Thais who want to acquaint Caucasians.  It is common to see a senior accompanied by a young Thai, both very happy, and rather than odd this makes one think: "I hope to do the same when I am old".  They are together by the pool, at the restaurant, maybe at the gym... and other places.

There is a community of retired seniors and some not so seniors who are loyal customers of Babylon, staying there for extended visits several times a year, and they are proud of their boys.  Younger Caucasians, 30 - 40 y.o. also are returning customers and may have their local friends.  I know one who has a lover that works nearby and stays overnight with him when he is in town, and he helps the boy and his family. Many guests are of good middle class who travel a lot and have no financial concerns. So there is motivation for attractive young locals to come to the sauna and even roam the barracks.  It happened to me once that I forgot to lock my room, and I woke up middle in the night when a young local opened the door looking for fun.  I was nice and invited him in, and after some doing we ventured out to the large common restroom, where we met a gay taking a late shower who joined us in the fun.

There are in town various gay saunas today that periodically stage events that are actual orgies.  You can look in travelgayasia.com. under "Bangkok" and "saunas".