kokopelli

A Woman's Image On $20 USD

There is now a move afoot to replace Andrew Jackson on the US $20 with that of a woman.

The only woman ever to grace US paper currency was Martha Washington, wife of George Washington the first President under the Constitution.

To me, this is a good idea and there are a number of good candidates.  Below is a website where you can view the candidates and vote, in the primaries, for three of your choice.

My personal choice would be Eleanor Roosevelt.

http://www.womenon20s.org/

Actually there are some allegorical images of women showing tits and ass on some older US notes.

Hmmm.....there's no way the Republicans would allow Eleanor to grace any currency.  Unfortunately, unless one has been President or an extremely important person in US history, there's no chance he/she is going to be on US currency.  As for the suggestion of Joan Rivers.....can we talk?

Regardless, my vote would go to Susan B. Anthony (and she's already been on our currency....coin-wise, that is).  Without her and others' efforts in the women's suffrage movement, women in general wouldn't have any political influence in the US.

Let's face it, there are not that many women with outstanding political or scientific achievements.

Frau Merkel seems to be possibly the best of the G7 leaders at present.  Mr's Thatcher was the best prime minister I have seen in the UK. 

However, you observation is correct, there are not many of them. 

Perhaps Obama should tell them to raise their game before expecting to get on banknotes?  He's in his last term. 

I don't count acting or singing or dancing as an achievement. I would be looking for scientists (I would approve of Marie Curie or Lise Meitner on a banknote), maybe politicians.

you are proven right, Marie Curie / nee Sklodowska  / appeared  on both Polish 20000 zlotych note from 1989 and with husband Pierre on the last 500 francs French note

Guess I'd vote for Rosa Parks; however, since I can't vote without giving them my email address (and that ain't gonna happen), I shall abstain.

why not? Don't you have an anonymous hotmail or similar email that you use for stuff like this and where thus most spam goes?

No, Anddy, I don't.  After enduring a daily and growing load of spam for years, I changed my email address 6-7 years ago and have been very careful not to provide it to anybody or any website that I don't at least somewhat trust.  The result is that now I get maybe 8-10 spams a year and, to me, that's great (and worth defending). 

I see your point. But that's why I have multiple emails for different purposes. One is decdicated for use with un-trusted sites, and I don't care if and how much spam goes to that email. With that one I also subscribe to various newsletters I may have a real or passing interest in, so it get's quite a lot of mails, most of which I actually never read, but I don't care. This allows me to do all sorts of things on all sorts of websites, including maybe to vote on the $20 bill ;-)

My main email I handle in a similar manner to yours. Though having said all that, I find that the spam filters work really well these days, be it on gmail or hotmail or yahoo, so that actual spam almost never finds it's way into the inbox. So another reason for me not to care about spam. Let the spam folder gobble it all up ;-)