firecat69

Monks, Priests ,Pastors etc etc.

Really and how hard do you think it would be for me to find hundreds of stories of priests , clergy etc who have all been accused and convicted of the same thing and mullahs much worse .

The point was there are no religious institutions where kids are safe from pedophiles.  Frankly I guess I always held monks in a certain , I don't know reverential esteem.  

Certainly as a non practicing Catholic , I was sad to see the disgusting events and cover ups in the Vatican of all these disgusting people. And certainly I have seen many stories of various other church elders etc with the same problem.

I guess I always hoped Buddhist Monks were better then that . Shame on me!!

Guest LoveThailand

"The arrest followed a complaint by a 33-year-old woman that the monk had attempted to sexually abuse her 12-year-old son and her 10-year-old nephew in his monastic quarters on Wednesday."

that's cruel and insensitive

I guees more than that.

Guest Prakanong

The article referred to Buddhist monks, not pastors or priests or rabbis, mullahs, etc, etc.

Yes.  Child molestation is not exclusive to any religion.  We've always known that it happens in our midst but in true Thai fashion turn the other cheek if it doesn't directly involve our own kindred.  Moreover, Thai predators are 'smarter' in that they tend to target children from underprivileged backgrounds, whose parents are less likely to know what's going on with their kids and/or are less likely to file a complaint.