Guest OutWebmaster

The Real Thailand

1. Of course it is a true statement.  But it depends where you are.  Doubt it is true in Pattaya.  Also depends what your definition of a money boy is? Does someone who has a real job but goes on Gayromeo  often and accepts money for Sex qualify as a money boy . If so no doubt #1 does not apply to Pattaya.

2. Stupid statement and big deal.  I have travelled to 67 countries and have experienced or seen this in many of them. 

3. Of course this is true and is self evident to anyone with a brain.  Do you think those plane loads of couples and their families are coming for the Sex Business.  I don't know anyone who regularly comes to Thailand or lives here who have not visited , Temples, beaches etc  etc . 

Bottom line no one but an idiot would suggest that Thailand is just about Sex and we don't need a magazine article to tell us that.

4.  Most generalized statements are incorrect. If anyone with intelligence read this statement before printing it they would have changed it to "Most Ladyboys are not untrustworthy thieves". Unfortunately in Pattaya you would be hard pressed to go many days in Pattaya without reading a police report of thievery by Ladyboys.  

But I don't doubt that most Ladyboys are not thieves especially in Thailand as a whole.

5. Who in the world would think that Internet Forums are the fount of all knowledge. No more so then a publication where everything is written by one individual who does think he is the Fount of all knowledge.

The difference is in a Forum you get discussions where different points of view are discussed and the readers get a wide range of views.   No such thing happens in Mr Barnes magazine. He decides what is right and wrong and relays the news to everyone.

Now to you Christian.

Of course many people and in fact probably most gay visitors do not participate in the Forums as posters but may have gotten some information prior to their visit.  You know someone who has beer for breakfast. Big Deal Mr. Barnes phrased in a way that some would think it is a normal occurrence by Gay ex pats.

No one said there was anything wrong with taking advertisements from Venues that sell Sex but rather it is disingenuous  to disparage those same people who spend money in those establishments in the same Magazine.

And now you Christian. I find it hilarious that a young in shape Farang like yourself is supportive of Mr Barnes when you are a frequent user of money boys and the establishments and websites who make the hook ups possible.

Possibly you'd like to explain yourself to Mr Barnes. Because to me there is little difference between you and the ex pats who Mr. Barnes disparages.

Guest FatRichard

The difference is in a Forum you get discussions where different points of view are discussed and the readers get a wide range of views.   No such thing happens in Mr Barnes magazine. He decides what is right and wrong and relays the news to everyone.

Now I'm confused.  Are you saying JB and GB are hydras of the same person?

1. Of course it is a true statement.  But it depends where you are.  Doubt it is true in Pattaya.  Also depends what your definition of a money boy is? Does someone who has a real job but goes on Gayromeo  often and accepts money for Sex qualify as a money boy . If so no doubt #1 does not apply to Pattaya.

2. Stupid statement and big deal.  I have travelled to 67 countries and have experienced or seen this in many of them. 

3. Of course this is true and is self evident to anyone with a brain.  Do you think those plane loads of couples and their families are coming for the Sex Business.  I don't know anyone who regularly comes to Thailand or lives here who have not visited , Temples, beaches etc  etc . 

Bottom line no one but an idiot would suggest that Thailand is just about Sex and we don't need a magazine article to tell us that.

4.  Most generalized statements are incorrect. If anyone with intelligence read this statement before printing it they would have changed it to "Most Ladyboys are not untrustworthy thieves". Unfortunately in Pattaya you would be hard pressed to go many days in Pattaya without reading a police report of thievery by Ladyboys.  

But I don't doubt that most Ladyboys are not thieves especially in Thailand as a whole.

5. Who in the world would think that Internet Forums are the fount of all knowledge. No more so then a publication where everything is written by one individual who does think he is the Fount of all knowledge.

Now to you Christian.

Of course many people and in fact probably most gay visitors do not participate in the Forums as posters but may have gotten some information prior to their visit.  You know someone who has beer for breakfast. Big Deal Mr. Barnes phrased in a way that some would think it is a normal occurrence by Gay ex pats.

No one said there was anything wrong with taking advertisements from Venues that sell Sex but rather it is disingenuous  to disparage those same people who spend money in those establishments in the same Magazine.

And now you Christian. I find it hilarious that a young in shape Farang like yourself is supportive of Mr Barnes when you are a frequent user of money boys and the establishments and websites who make the hook ups possible.

Possibly you'd like to explain yourself to Mr Barnes. Because to me there is little difference between you and the ex pats who Mr. Barnes disparages.

I find myself in agreement with firecat on the 5 points. I don't like Barnes style either. Christian an exception to the rules.

Exactly like a typical gay sex-pat but at half the age, half the weight and twice as anal retentive.

that's not true and not nice either

Sorry vinapu, I equate obsessive note taking, obsessive time notations and precise accounting of money as

anal retentive. As you know the young German, I will bow to your first hand knowledge and try to be less judgmental.

I just looked up anal retentive shortened from anally retentive. It's from Freud and is a personality type.

Anal expulsive is the other side of the coin.

I've never heard anyone described as anally expulsive.

Sorry vinapu, I equate obsessive note taking, obsessive time notations and precise accounting of money as

anal retentive. 

Oh deer! Obsessive note taking, time notations and precise accounting are the reasons Tycho Brahe, Copernicus and Kepler were able to plot and predict the motions of the planets around the sun. These are the trademarks of genius not an anus.

Confusing terms here.  "Anal retentive" - somewhat sounds like not giving a shit (time for a laxative?).  As for "anal attentive", that sounds like the long-lost poster at SGT with the flashlight who used to check out the bar boys' nether regions before choosing to off anybody.

And Koko now mentions astronomical things.  Hmmm, if one is tight with his money, could he be called astronomical? 

How about "anal(ly) receptive"?

Now to you Christian.

Mr Barnes must find something wrong with accepting adverts from venues that sell sex. I'm fine with these adverts, I'm even finer with the fact that they sell sex.

I am not supportive of the article in question, my position can be described "wondering about the motives and purpose of the article". I agree with the points he makes (but those points are no surprise), but find the way it is wrapped up weird.

Guest ronnie4you

Apparently Mr. Barnes has a lot of time on his hands as well. He says the article he wrote is getting attention on his website, but I guess not enough as he had to come here and link to it. I found it utterly rude and insulting. It sure will color how I view anything else he as to say.

Fairly innocent? Hardly.

Guest Hutchison

Define "Aging" and define "Sexpat". If I was in my home country I would still be the same age and looking for sex, as does every gay or straight male.

Aging = moment in which one starts proclaiming " I feel young" / nobody heard 30 y.o. or even better 18 y.o. saying that /

Sexpat = person who moved to another country allured by sexual attractiveness and availability of it's residents / in cases mof our readers Thai men /

Guest bruceny

The article shouldn't concern you at all, GB, unless you are an Ageing Sexpat. 

And if you are, then you have much bigger concerns to worry about, namely:

- advancing age

- diminishing pension 

- E.D.
- exchange rates and the resulting smaller apartment thereof
- less and less Money Boys willing to cater to your myopic version of Thailand's modern Gay reality
- not being found for days, after you collapse in your studio apartment

I have not read your article.... and it appears that your web site has gone missing anyway.

I'm also not a senior citizen.    Not yet.

But the above message is extremely offensive.  How dare you speak this way to any other human being.  

You should be ashamed of yourself.   Very very ashamed.   

How dare you speak to anyone like this !?

How old are you?     12 ?

Obviously, you were not raised in a good home.

You should be ashamed of yourself.   Very very ashamed.   

And this type of message should bring great shame to any enterprise that you are associated with.

After reading the above post, I will do everything in my power to discourage anyone from reading your trash web site.... especially young Thais.

Guest bruceny

Could someone please make a complete list, right here in this thread, of ALL of the advertisers that advertise on that web site?

I will contact the owner of every one of those businesses and tell them *exactly* why I will no longer be patronizing them.