Guest OutWebmaster

The Real Thailand

Guest Fatfifty

I' first read all the comments and replies, then I went to read this much discussed article. I have to say, the article to me never states that the author is claiming authority over what is true or false, he simply states his views, hence its an article in a publication, not a set of new laws, not a inclusive description of every human.

Not all gays are money boys, simple, and easily believable since I know some of these good boys.

Not all ladyboys are bad, if one stops to think about this, of course they are not all bad, but the bad ones get the press, and cloud our image of the entire group.

Not all sexpats, retirees or Farang or whatever are jaded or land to the changes, nor do the majority of them drink beer for breakfast.

To end my comment, I just see an interesting article, that likely served its purpose, or at least a purpose. Just because I am an (pick any label), I am not like the highest profiled members of that group.

And if I made an opinion that is different than yours, well thank god we all still have the ability to think on our own. We can all read they same things and see vastly different meanings.

Written with only good intentions.

Guest JamesBarnes

Thank you James, I'm too shy for to write reply on the pages of your magazine with my poor English.

Dear Moses,

I guess that the majority are not native English speakers and you are more than able to be understood as your English seems very good to me!

Best wishes,

Dear Moses,

Maybe your answer is here?

http://www.out-in-thailand.com/the-internet-attacks/

Best wishes,

I hope you are just kidding that you were reduced to tears and lost your sleep over some comments here, was it really worth ?

Honestly I still don't get it why OP became source of so much controversy but sometimes may be it's better to be stupid and not know I guess. 

Guest JamesBarnes

I' first read all the comments and replies, then I went to read this much discussed article. I have to say, the article to me never states that the author is claiming authority over what is true or false, he simply states his views, hence its an article in a publication, not a set of new laws, not a inclusive description of every human.

Not all gays are money boys, simple, and easily believable since I know some of these good boys.

Not all ladyboys are bad, if one stops to think about this, of course they are not all bad, but the bad ones get the press, and cloud our image of the entire group.

Not all sexpats, retirees or Farang or whatever are jaded or land to the changes, nor do the majority of them drink beer for breakfast.

To end my comment, I just see an interesting article, that likely served its purpose, or at least a purpose. Just because I am an (pick any label), I am not like the highest profiled members of that group.

And if I made an opinion that is different than yours, well thank god we all still have the ability to think on our own. We can all read they same things and see vastly different meanings.

Written with only good intentions.

Dear Fatfifty,

Thank you.

It seems that you fit into this category, to quote the article: "Of course, there are some sober souls whose contributions are valuable."

Best wishes,

Guest JamesBarnes

I hope you are just kidding that you were reduced to tears and lost your sleep over some comments here, was it really worth ?

Honestly I still don't get it why OP became source of so much controversy but sometimes may be it's better to be stupid and not know I guess. 

Dear Vinapu,

I was not kidding but I do admit to the capacity for stupidity.

Best wishes,

James, my English is very limited.

But I just got idea: may be I'm wrong and have to apologies. I wrote my first reply in suppose what OutWebmaster is your webmaster.  If I'm wrong then please ignore second part of my first reply (WTF and below).

Guest JamesBarnes

But I just got idea: may be I'm wrong and have to apologies. I wrote my first reply in suppose what OutWebmaster is your webmaster.  If I'm wrong then please ignore second part of my first reply (WTF and below).

Dear Moses,

You were quite right- OutWebmaster is the OUT iT webmaster- and not me, as has been stated elsewhere.

Your comments are welcome.

Best wishes,

Dear Vinapu,

I was not kidding but I do admit to the capacity for stupidity.

Best wishes,

just to clarify, when I was talking about being stupid I meant myself as I still don't get it why your fairly innocent article generated so much heat, certainly there was need for vent but why?

your post was great , relax

Then I resume:

1. Article is quite provocative, but it is good for buzz :) Good job

2. This is sample how staff never should answer to readers for to keep good public impressions about magazine:

The article shouldn't concern you at all, GB, unless you are an Ageing Sexpat. 
And if you are, then you have much bigger concerns to worry about, namely:
- advancing age
- diminishing pension 

- E.D.
- exchange rates and the resulting smaller apartment thereof
- less and less Money Boys willing to cater to your myopic version of Thailand's modern Gay reality

- not being found for days, after you collapse in your studio apartment

As per me: I hope you will resolve this small incident. I like your magazine, but don't like personal attacks esp. when they are going from official representatives. Too bad for public relation and looks unprofessional. 

Guest JamesBarnes

just to clarify, when I was talking about being stupid I meant myself as I still don't get it why your fairly innocent article generated so much heat, certainly there was need for vent but why?

I think we can all be stupid dear Vinapu!

I feel that the heat came from those souls who felt that they were the target of the original article and I am interested to know how they and Forum owners/moderators feel about my proposals in http://www.out-in-thailand.com/the-internet-attacks/

Best wishes,

Guest JamesBarnes

Then I resume:

1. Article is quite provocative, but it is good for buzz :) Good job

2. This is sample how staff never should answer to readers for to keep good public impressions about magazine:

As per me: I hope you will resolve this small incident. I like your magazine, but don't like personal attacks esp. when they are going from official representatives. Too bad for public relation and looks unprofessional. 

Dear Moses,

Nothing wrong with your English!

My philosophy is that my colleagues at OUT iT do not work for me. Just like me, they work for the magazine. Foolish maybe, but I would not censor their beliefs, whether I agree with them or not.

Best wishes,

Guest JamesBarnes

Jmaes, your proposal about "unanonimity" are a little bit naive: not every board member is living in country where you can easy be member of gay-board without problems. Personal information must be hidden here just by reason of our security.

Understood!

I think we can all be stupid dear Vinapu!

I feel that the heat came from those souls who felt that they were the target of the original article and I am interested to know how they and Forum owners/moderators feel about my proposals in http://www.out-in-thailand.com/the-internet-attacks/

Best wishes,

I think you have lost any credibility or objectively on this subject. For some reason you believe you are the injured party which is a crock of shit. You wrote a veiled attack on older gay men living in Thailand, and now you have your tit in the ringer and you can't get out.

Guest JamesBarnes

Dear Up2u,

My comments were not directed at any individual or all older gay men, just some.whose views are outdated.

The blog to which I refer and certain comments here were personal and I was hurt by them.

Best wishes,

Guest JamesBarnes

As a board owner, I was going to write a response to your latest article, which you asked board owners to do, but it's not worth the bother.

Thank you!

I really don't get what you have the gall to complain about. Apparently you are unable to post on any other Board and then you don't like the response so you feel you have been attacked. 

Maybe you have to re read your original article with the view that you are one of the aging ex-pats that you refer to.  You got beat up by Bob who I assume you might think of as a friend and lives in your city.

That should have been a clue how inflammatory your article was to the audience in this and most other Gay Forums.

Bob is about as fair  a member that we have here and he would have told you were nuts to submit it to this Forum

Free speech is great and you should be able to print your thoughts right or wrong in your magazine . My guess is 95% of the members here and the other Forums would have never seen your article.

Which would have been better for us and you!!  But once you elected to post it here where many of the members fit the exact person you are attacking then you should have been ready for the attacks.

Maybe you should try cartoons next?

Bob is about as fair... 

Please don't use me as an additional lever to get back at James or his article.  I said my piece and figured this little row was over....let it die the death it deserves!

As for being "fair", nah, just nuts (the little man in my tv that often chats with me suggested I say that). 

That is certainly not my attention but rather I would hope someone that knows him would tell him this thread was essentially  dead and he ressurected it with another attack on dinosaurs .  The laughable thing is that he is the dinosaur and does not even realize it.

Best he stay with what he thinks is his new audience and Good Luck to him and stay away from what by now he should realize is an audience that has no use for him.

Hopefully Scooby will see fit to relock this thread and or ban him because the vitriol in this thread serves no useful purpose.

1. The overwhelmingly vast majority of young gay Thais are not moneyboys.

2. It’s not ‘all about the money’. Random acts of kindness are frequent in Thailand.

3. There is far more to Thailand than the commercial sex business.

4. ‘Ladyboys’ are not untrustworthy thieves.

5. Internet forums are not the fount of all knowledge.

It's all true, reflects my multiple personal experience. I even know someone who drinks beer for breakfast and fits your article perfectly, but he does not participate in the forums. I know many gay tourists or expats who do not participate, not even read the forums.

There is nothing wrong with taking adverts from venues that sell sex. I just checked the other gay magazines (Desire, Max, Thai Puan) and maps (GB guide and GM guide), they all do.