Guest JamesBarnes

Only in this forum....

I remember when this topic was supposed to be feedback requested by Mr. Barnes about his maps.  The last time I saw any such feedback was 26 posts ago . . .

like every post this one is like talk in social situation, starts with  something serious and goes whenever participants will take it. Sooner or later subject of boys tips should emerge  / oops , it already did .LOL / 

Firecat has been banned from another forum for what appears to be no good reason. 

Oddly some of the members of this site take that as an excuse to attack the owner of a different forum. All GB has done is correctly point out the thread is off topic*.

The Sawatdee owner is the one who's judgement should be questioned. If Firecat has been banned as a result of comments in this thread, it's a rather poor show. 

*Admittedly we've probably said everything that is to be said about the original topic.

Summary: Out in Thailand has inaccurate maps and the owner is not going to send someone around to check the mapping, so it will most likely continue to have inaccurate maps.  Nothing to be gained from further feedback. 

I suggest you reread the whole thread carefully.  By GB's own admittance his posts were nasty. Something he never would allow on his Board unless of course it was him.

Frankly I don't consider his posts out of line for this Board . I am just pointing out if one of us submitted similar posts to GB on his Board , he would tell us "to cut it out" or he would close the thread. 

What is good for the Goose should be good for the Gander!!

Firecat has been banned from another forum for what appears to be no good reason. 

Oddly some of the members of this site take that as an excuse to attack the owner of a different forum. All GB has done is correctly point out the thread is off topic*.

The Sawatdee owner is the one who's judgement should be questioned. If Firecat has been banned as a result of comments in this thread, it's a rather poor show. 

*Admittedly we've probably said everything that is to be said about the original topic.

Summary: Out in Thailand has inaccurate maps and the owner is not going to send someone around to check the mapping, so it will most likely continue to have inaccurate maps.  Nothing to be gained from further feedback. 

I often agree with your comments, and admire your restraint and sense of right and wrong, but this time I take an exception.  Michael has just said that it is insane to ban someone from one board for what he says on another board.  GB already knows I have posted on this thread and I sure that he really isn't interested in getting back to the topic, but trying to head me off from pointing out that is exactly what he did to me when I mentioned that he took favors for touting places, and doing web work for businesses in Pattaya. As you say ,"it's rather a bad show".  Firecat is right, and you must really know it too, but I do realize that Pattaya is not that big of town.  To deny that GB is a hypocrite is to ignore way to much history.  Zee, you are one of my favorite posters, but really GB not a hypocrite, and not deserving attacks when he blatantly demonstrating his hypocricy --come on.

"Yes, and I think the nastiness is perfectly justified.  I see no difficulty in keeping their maps updated and I see no excuse for failing to do it."

​Your statement GB and you would never tolerate it on your Board and I have given you ample opportunities to explain yourself.

But of course you can't which is why you just count posts and then keep posting while complaining about the continuation of the thread.

Can't imagine why KhorTose and firecat have been banned on gaybuttonthai. Bashing a forum owner and getting banned.

Ummm, maybe there's a connection.

The iron fist has eradicated from his forum, a serial nabob of negativity, whose every post was edited, deleted or given warnings.

Sometimes, an iron fist is the only way to deal with ego personality disordered pests.

Strong personalities seem the rule on gaythailand forums with the exception of scooby.

..... with the exception of scooby.

Long live Scooby !

Gentlemen , why we don't call a truce as things get out of hand IMNSHO.

Careful reader not familiar with subject of this thread would be perplexed about all the fuss - claims are made that some maps are wrong but no single example of infraction is provided like "Arena should be marked on Silom , not Rama IV "etc / I made this example up / . 

Sometimes, venting helps clear the decks. This thread as good an excuse as any to let it all hang out.

We can't always be nice boys and anger is best vented relatively harmlessly on an innocuous thread.

Even gentlemans boards need some airing out of accumulated old debris and grievances.

Don't worry vinapu, we will be back to nice in a jiffy.

Guest JamesBarnes

Long live Scooby !

Gentlemen , why we don't call a truce as things get out of hand IMNSHO.

Careful reader not familiar with subject of this thread would be perplexed about all the fuss - claims are made that some maps are wrong but no single example of infraction is provided like "Arena should be marked on Silom , not Rama IV "etc / I made this example up / . 

Dear vinapu,

Thank you for this.

My mother always taught me that if you cannot say something good, it is better to say nothing and I endeavour to adhere to this bit of homespun philosophy.

Our webmaster pointed out that it is impossible to physically visit every venue in all five areas covered by our listings, something which Nicky also acknowledges- he makes similar appeals for intelligence from readers. Let's face it even if those visits were possible, every month, a venue could open or close the next day, so no listings can ever be perfect. The changes we have made to ours are an attempt to make them as accurate as we possibly can.

All the suggested changes on this thread were made within the hour of them appearing. Impossible for any printed media.

I personally thank all those who have been kind enough to help.

Best wishes,

Sometimes, venting helps clear the decks. This thread as good an excuse as any to let it all hang out.

We can't always be nice boys and anger is best vented relatively harmlessly on an innocuous thread.

Even gentlemans boards need some airing out of accumulated old debris and grievances.

makes sense, storm usually clears air

At end of day all debris falled on firecat's head since he was removed from  another board but this is inconvenience he can live with I guess.

I have given you ample opportunities to explain yourself.

You have given me opportunities?  You?  Am I supposed to care about or be interested in opportunities you have given?  I hate to break the news, but I don't owe you an explanation about a thing.

By the way, weewillie, firecat69 has not been banned on my board.  What makes you think I banned him?  He's welcome to post on my board any time he wishes and always has been since the day he became a member.  Just because we're having a minor word skirmish doesn't mean I have any intention of banning him.

My mistake GB. Thought I read firecat was banned. Maybe he just felt unwanted.

Firecat a core poster here and a mainstay.

There are other boards besides this one and mine.  If he was banned somewhere it had nothing to do with me or my board. 

What I think you don't realize is that I have great respect for firecat69 and I hope, at least to some degree, the feeling is mutual.  Sure, we often agree, often disagree and argue, and sometimes even say not very kind things to each other.  That doesn't mean we're at some kind of war.  He's a strong willed personality and so am I.  Sometimes our personalities clash.  I understand that and I think so does he.

In any case, I have absolutely no reason to ban him just because we're arguing now.  We've had arguments before and it's inevitible that we'll have future arguments too.  So what?

I had a look at the maps, first impression positive.

You should separate (different symbols) massage and sauna, they are completely different businesses.

Comments for Silom/Sathorn map:

There are several massages in Soi Sri Bam Pen, Nuat Thai Hiso advertises to gay market.

In Silom Soi 6 and 8 there is Montara massage and Thai Best massage (both missing in map).

Super A is missing.

The place labelled as "Hotmale Station" (late night disco, same owner as Hotmale gogo and beer bar) used to be at the corner to Super A, closed last year, and last name was Baan Na บ้านนา as far as I know.

The Green massage (Surawong, about in front of Tarntawan Place Hotel) is missing.

Screw boys is slightly misplaced and Dream Boy is seriously misplaced (maybe googlemaps messes these up; I just notice they have Anuman Ratchathon and Silom Soi 7 in the wrong place).

Mantra massage มันตรา is missing (often overlooked, small stairway leading up, Surawong opposite Montien hotel open food court.

Fuse in basement of Wall Street tower is missing.

Playboy massage is missing, so is the massage place in Silom 64 building (don't know the name), and the massage (I think J-J massage) in the dead end soi (Silom Soi 1?) all on Silom under/next to BTS.

Comments for introduction text:

Soi 89/2 draws thousands of university students, working professionals, and those that just like a good time. The most popular places are Club 9 Café, Singapore Pub, See Men, Seek, Blue, and DoorDum.

I don't know Club 9 Cafe and Blue and See Men (there is one in Chiang Mai), but Singapore Pub is now Wave Club and Seek is gone. DoorDum only open on weekends last time I checked (some months ago)

As has been noted, it's absolutely incredibly childish/inane that anybody would be banned from this board based on anything anybody as said so far.  But to ban somebody on another board for what's occurred here takes the stupidity even farther.

So, Surfy, I've been a member of your board since long before you heard about it although, admittedly, I haven't posted there in 4+ years.  While you're in the banning mood, why don't you ban me?  I don't think I've said anything that would merit any banning but, what the heck, neither did Firecat!  On the other hand, if you knew what I was thinking, you'd probably file a lese majeste charge against me.  Go ahead, make my day.

I had a look at the maps, first impression positive.

There, we can do balanced feedback :)

FYI:  From reading their previous posts, I believe Out in Thailand is not expecting to go and physically check the locations of businesses in any city in Thailand. Therefore stating a business is not in the right place will presumably not lead to a map correction.  Let's see....   Suppose GPS coordniates would do it.

Aren't some of the massage venues you list mixed massage places that have some male staff?  e.g. JJ.   I think listing them is fair enough, but for completeness they should be categorised as mixed. 

To add some constructive comments of my own, the switch to google maps means the maps will be to scale, which in the case of the Bangkok maps is a big improvement. If there is some cunning way of copying locations to google maps on our phones, then this would be very useful for new visitors.

The remaining content in the print magazine has always been a good effort.

Guest OutWebmaster

Thank You, Christian. This was very helpful. 
I have some comments and questions based on your comments. See below.

You should separate (different symbols) massage and sauna, they are completely different businesses.

I've done this. But some businesses are both Sauna and Massage. So there may be some confusion. 
I am trying to discern which business does what. It's a work in progress. 

There are several massages in Soi Sri Bam Pen, Nuat Thai Hiso advertises to gay market.

Do you happen to know which businesses those are? I can add them, once I obtain some info. 

In Silom Soi 6 and 8 there is Montara massage and Thai Best massage (both missing in map).

Added. Thanks. 

Super A is missing.

I am working on the details for this one. I understand that Super A closed a while back. 
It's been replaced by "Thai Boys A", right? And then has that since been renamed to 'New Super A'? (from Nicky's site)
It's tough to keep up. Do you happen to know the latest on this, and any address?
I've learned that if I am not as accurate as possible, it's not liked much.

The place labelled as "Hotmale Station" (late night disco, same owner as Hotmale gogo and beer bar) used to be at the corner to Super A, closed last year, and last name was Baan Na บ้านนา as far as I know.

I've hidden this one, pending further investigation. Thanks for the tip.

The Green massage (Surawong, about in front of Tarntawan Place Hotel) is missing.

Added, thanks. 

Screw boys is slightly misplaced and Dream Boy is seriously misplaced (maybe googlemaps messes these up; I just notice they have Anuman Ratchathon and Silom Soi 7 in the wrong place).

I've relocated Screw Boys, as best as I could. Street View on Google does not seem to go down that Soi. Dream Boy is also updated. Thanks for these. 

Mantra massage มันตรา is missing (often overlooked, small stairway leading up, Surawong opposite Montien hotel open food court.

Mantra is added. It's not missing anymore. Thanks for this. 

Fuse in basement of Wall Street tower is missing.

I can't find any references to Fuse online. Can you elaborate?

Playboy massage is missing, so is the massage place in Silom 64 building (don't know the name), and the massage (I think J-J massage) in the dead end soi (Silom Soi 1?) all on Silom under/next to BTS.

I've added Playboy Massage. Still working on identifying the other two. Any more info would be appreciated. 

I don't know Club 9 Cafe and Blue and See Men (there is one in Chiang Mai), but Singapore Pub is now Wave Club and Seek is gone. DoorDum only open on weekends last time I checked (some months ago).

I've updated the text to indicate this.

These were all very helpful, Christian. 
I really appreciate the info. 

Guest OutWebmaster

Just to show what a wonderful challenge this is, let me relate an event that transpired over the last few days. 

A Guesthouse owner in Phuket contacted us, to let us know that the location we pinned on the map for his business was not accurate. So I started to investigate. I took a look at what we had, and did some Google searches. 

It turns out that when I did the original search while adding his Guesthouse, I typed in the business name, and Google knew it. It already had a map point picked out. This happens for about 1/3rd of the businesses on our maps. So when Google actually knows the location, I don't really question it. When I looked at the map, it even identified the guesthouse by name. It seemed pretty legitimate to me. Who was I to doubt that? Surely the business itself registered that address with Google. Right?

Wrong. It seems that that address is a few hundred meters wrong. When we pointed that information out to the owner of the Guesthouse, he was unhappy, to say the least. Not only is our map inaccurate (thanks, Google!), but whenever anyone organically searches for his Guesthouse outside of our maps, by just doing a name search in Google, it's going to take them to an empty Soi a few blocks from Paradise, in Phuket. 

Along with our help, the business owner will resolve this. He will send us correct GPS coordinates, and we will reposition his Guesthouse on the map. But the incorrect information with Google? That may be tougher and slower to fix.