Guest JamesBarnes

Only in this forum....

I think that it was very inappropriate for vinapu to suggest "like you have personal beef with James , OUT or both". That's what I take exception to here. That's word for word, no magnifying glass required!

Oh, I see,  Vinapu, please be careful when you present your point of view as to not tell how you feel if your feelings reflect negatively (I didn't see it in the above quote) on the owner of another board.  All boards are suppose to work together to rid the Gay Thailand community of dissent. 

I just reread George Orwell's 1984 recently and like surfcrest, we need to be uniformly in agreement on every matter for the betterment of the gay Thailand world.

(sarcasm)

Oh, I'd add that I really don't think anybody here "laments" over the model photo thread. Some may drool, some may have blood rushing to the smaller head, but nobody laments here.  We have a "no lament" rule (whereas drooling and boners are perfectly legal).

Bob your last 2 post are on point and I notice Surfcrest has no reply.  

+1

Guest surfcrest

I think before a Board owner has anything to say about something on another Board he should clean up his own !

Be careful what you wish for firecat69! Based on the photos of your conquests you've posted here, I might start that clean up with you!

Surfcrest

Be careful what you wish for firecat69! Based on the photos of your conquests you've posted here, I might start that clean up with you!

Surfcrest

Firecat,  I feel I must warn you that surffy means what he says.  I went after surf on this board, and his own board,  about being just as crazy and fucked up as Neal was.  In return, he told the world that I was leaving his board, and said it was because I did not agree with his removal of a post.  In fact, that was a lie.  Not only did he post part of a private message but changed it  to a lie as I told him I was leaving his board because he played favorites and was not even handed in how he did things.  In  ten years of posting I have never objected to having any post I made edited or removed.  Of course, he would defend gaybut, as they both cannot take any form of criticism, but feel free to give it to others. 

I think that it was very inappropriate for vinapu to suggest "like you have personal beef with James , OUT or both". 

Oh, I see,  Vinapu, please be careful when you present your point of view as to not tell how you feel if your feelings reflect negatively (I didn't see it in the above quote) on the owner of another board. 

May be it was inappropriate  but I read GB responses as bit too belligerent in proportion to subject in question and it's why I   expressed my opinion as above , I still stick to it if you will. 

I'm humble clumsy nobody and present my  view hoping that it will be treated the same  way I treat other's points, some I agree with, some I don't and some I find irrelevant. No need to be careful, if somebody skin is too sensitive regular cold shower will help.

I read  and enjoy all three forums regularly but due to religious reason decided to post only here / God gave me only 60 minutes for every hour and just 24 hours a day so time to post only here / 

Guest LoveThailand

I am a bit drunk at an airport lounge (long layovers are a bitch) - so my judgement may be on vacation.

Guys - this is a forum.

A forum will be dead if members had to (self)сensor themselves as is the case with some I know.

Accepting that - one has a choice of either discussing/debating, or - ignoring.

Simple.

And of course - if one gives one haas to have the balls to be able to take.

On another note - there must be many more gay visitors to Thailand. And yet - all three forums seem to be little gangs of a few old timers. Why does new blood not join? Are forums as a species at its extinction stage? Information sources are so abundant - and first hand experiences no longer that important?

There is a constant turnover of members here.

People come and go.  Some make one or two posts, others may post regularly for several years before they move onto other things.

If you look back several years, you will see the majority of names posting will be completely different to currently.

I think most people here will welcome genuine new members.

I always find it interesting that most times there are 15-20 times more people viewing the site then there are members at the same point.   Just a lot of people who get some information by reading posts but for whatever reason don't care to participated by being a poster.

I think that is just the way it is at most sites and there is no way to change that dynamic.

I think that is just the way it is at most sites and there is no way to change that dynamic.

Theoretically it's possible to create a sub-forum that's only accessible to enhanced members & the enhanced membership could be offered to people who have contributed more than 20 posts. 

That's theoretically.  In practice, it would be difficult to sustain such a sub-forum & the regular board together. 

Guest abang1961

History repeats itself..

Some new users came in, created a minor indiscretion and within a couple of days, bounced out as fast as they came.

They came in from all wards of life and attempt to screw up the harmony within "long-time" members.

Come on, this is a forum to share and not to belittle others.

So, show me the good, handsome guys in the various photoshoot posts...offer new insights to the gay lifestyle in South East Asia, especially your conquests and happy endings.  

Guest ronnie4you

I am late to the party! Do I have it correct that surfcrest and gaybutton have their own sites, but choose to participate here? And Michael owns this site, but doesn't participate at the others I named? And James Barnes has a print magazine that he wants us to help him show the most correct and up-to-date information?

I am late to the party! Do I have it correct that surfcrest and gaybutton have their own sites, but choose to participate here? And Michael owns this site, but doesn't participate at the others I named? And James Barnes has a print magazine that he wants us to help him show the most correct and up-to-date information?

Late or early , you are welcome !

all is correct although I gather Michael doesn't own site anymore / correct me if I'm wrong / .

Nothing wrong with other forums owners, moderators  and members participating here. One only can hope that problems and animosities arising in other forums will not be imported here

So believe it or not Surfcrest has banned me from his Board .  Not that I really care because I would be back on in 30 seconds by Proxy if I wanted to be .  But as Bob pointed out  the posts there have very little value.

Even Gaybutton with his famous hammer rarely bans anyone and certainly not for anything so meaningless. There were no personal attacks just the suggestion to work on improving his own Board rather then trying to dictate what this Board does. I wonder how many other posters he banned from this thread??

So believe it or not Surfcrest has banned me from his Board .

After checking what you have been writing, it is slightly difficult to believe you were banned.

Never mind, I doubt you are going to lose any sleep over the matter  :).

Surfcrest

Wow.  After reading Firecat's latest post, that seems to be exactly what he did. He cleaned up his board by banning Firecat.

May be it was inappropriate  but I read GB responses as bit too belligerent in proportion to subject in question and it's why I   expressed my opinion as above , I still stick to it if you will. 

I'm humble clumsy nobody and present my  view hoping that it will be treated the same  way I treat other's points, some I agree with, some I don't and some I find irrelevant. No need to be careful, if somebody skin is too sensitive regular cold shower will help.

I read  and enjoy all three forums regularly but due to religious reason decided to post only here / God gave me only 60 minutes for every hour and just 24 hours a day so time to post only here / 

We are all glad you chose this board.

what this is supposed to mean?

Well, I guess we found out today didn't we?

Why am I left wondering what scooby thinks of all this?

Scooby ... Where are you? (From the theme song of the cartoon show, as I recall).

For years you belittled me for posting too much and now you want to whine about an owner posting too little.  Be careful not to be so up and down. 

So believe it or not Surfcrest has banned me from his Board .  Not that I really care because I would be back on in 30 seconds by Proxy if I wanted to be .  But as Bob pointed out  the posts there have very little value.

Even Gaybutton with his famous hammer rarely bans anyone and certainly not for anything so meaningless. There were no personal attacks just the suggestion to work on improving his own Board rather then trying to dictate what this Board does. I wonder how many other posters he banned from this thread??

I read this and I said, "WTF."  I honestly have a very hard time believing this. But, if true, I'd say that is probably more childish than anything I have seen on these here boards in years.  This to me makes zero sense.  But, now I see what Surfcrest means when he wants the boards to work together.  I should add another insane comment here but I'll pass. However, if he reason for the ban on another board is based on anything said in this thread, I will say that is simply fucking insane. 

I remember when this topic was supposed to be feedback requested by Mr. Barnes about his maps.  The last time I saw any such feedback was 26 posts ago . . .

Does that mean that people that do post about it should be banned on other sites?  I don't think so.  And, I stand by my fucking insane comment if this was cause to ban a member on any other board based on the content in this thread.

I remember when this topic was supposed to be feedback requested by Mr. Barnes about his maps.  The last time I saw any such feedback was 26 posts ago . . .

You are hilarious GB.  On your Board if anybody had digressed into the personal attacks you did , the thread would have been closed immediately by you.  Apparently you think it is ok for you to do it on another Board.  The hypocrisy is unbelievable but lucky for you , you are not likely to be banned on this Board.

Your original response should have been that you think OUT does a very poor job updating their maps and even though they have been told this many times , you have seen no improvement.  

Thus you will not read or promote the magazine until you see improvement..  That would have been exactly how you would have told someone on your Board to reply in a respectful manner. 

Too bad you did not do that!!!

So believe it or not Surfcrest has banned me from his Board .  

that's  childish, I suspected from beginning of the thread  from some comments that there's  more into it that just slightly inaccurate maps in OUT magazine.

Inflated egos or boredom perhaps?

If you are banned just look at bright side - more time to post here and on Gaybutton's.  

We are all glad you chose this board.

I read this and I said, "WTF."  I honestly have a very hard time believing this. But, if true, I'd say that is probably more childish .... 

thank you for your kind comment

right after reading firecat's announcement and before your post I had exactly the same impression : 'childish '.