TotallyOz

Ambian Now Sold in Thailand

I had asked the doctors for this in the past but was always told that the pill was not available here.  I had to be at the doctor yesterday morning at Bumrungrade and asked for some sleeping pills and was given a perscription for Valium.  I thanked him and told him I wished they would have Ambian one day.  He said, "we do."  And, he gave me a prescription for that for 60 days.  I was really happy as I had always had to buy this in USA.  It was the generic version and not the brand but that was OK for me as well.  Plus, he kept my prescription for the Valium on my ticket as well so I got a double dose.  Loving Thailand! 

Fair warning to those who use or want to use Ambien. It is a sleepwalkers/zombie med.  People do walk and even drive when asleep and even when awake act as if they are asleep. 

I wondered why Sunnie Plaza looked so dead the last time I was there.  They must have taken this pill before they went out for the night. :)

aren't those things addictive? just curious as I'm blessed with good sleep

Sex is also addictive and I see you had no issues with it on your trip. :)  

Yes, it is addictive and should not be taken every night for long periods of time.

Sleep apnea very common among overweight farangs in Thailand. Good idea to be tested if you have

sleep issues. C-pap machines are the answer for many rather than pills. Losing weight probably the best way, but of course not so easy.

Some people buy those machines and can never use them.  I bought one but in over 300 attempts never fell asleep with it on.  I just thought uncomfortable and I did try 6 different headsets from full to 1/2 to nose only, etc.  Just not possible.

Sleep is important to all and important to get every night. Having suffered from sleep issues since childhood, I know how it affects the body and soul and it is not good.

Thanks, I didn't know they were so difficult. I have thought about the farangs with c-pap machines, who like to off boys long time. The boys must find the mask, tubing and tank odd.

But probably better than roaring snoring thunder.

It does remind me of a story a boy once told me involving a colostomy bag and a sewn shut butthole. It's amazing what the

boys must see and experience. I don't envy them.

Talk about going off topic.

My experience with Ambien - Took a pill at night, had a restful sleep, in morning got in my car and backed it into a tree causing bumper damage, drove down driveway  to the road and entered without stopping or looking, continued to next intersection and drove through a STOP sign without stopping or looking!  I could not understand why I was taking these actions since I felt fine and then drove as careful as I could. The cause was the Ambien.  Hope that airline pilots don't take this stuff before flying.

My experience with Ambien - Took a pill at night, had a restful sleep, in morning got in my car and backed it into a tree causing bumper damage, drove down driveway  to the road and entered without stopping or looking, continued to next intersection and drove through a STOP sign without stopping or looking!  I could not understand why I was taking these actions since I felt fine and then drove as careful as I could. The cause was the Ambien.  Hope that airline pilots don't take this stuff before flying.

wouldn't be easier and cheaper just to down glass of whisky for good night sleep?

been sick here in the USA with a head cold the last three weeks and NyQuil usually puts me away 

with the symptoms as well. Now they have come out with ZzzQuil. All the knockout of

dyphenhydramine and no acetaminophen to kill your liver if you take too much?

Going to stock up  on that for occasional sleeplessness- gelcaps or bottle.