How often does the moderator visit the board?

Well if the owners of the board are looking for another moderator I would put my hand up (I have quite a bit of experience at moderating forums), the best part of this board it rarely requires moderation.

Thanks God, I don't know what his agenda was but certainly he did not add any civilized input to the forum 

Agree completely.  

I'm not sure what the moderating policy will be & respect the board owner's prerogative not to comment.

However TMax kindly offered to help out, which might just be quite useful if the current moderator cannot check in for 48 hours.

Much like the defunct Baht-Stop the ownership and moderatorship of this forum remains a mystery. 

And thankfully up to now that seems to be work just fine so lets not look to hard for or seek to "out" some existing board "personality" who may or may not be moderating ( or even bothering to read) the board which might end up changing that then eh as I'm all for "if it's not broke don't fix it" train of thought re that.

Guest LoveThailand

As a not so active poster but regular reader I am quite happy about the way the forum runs itself. And also that aberrations are delt with - even if not promptly but eventually.

Much like the defunct Baht-Stop the ownership and moderatorship of this forum remains a mystery. 

The difference is it seems to work quite well here.  

OK, I've questioned the delay in dealing with this incident, however it was dealt with and if a 24~48 hour delay is the worst problem we get, it's not too bad at all.

Bad moderation is far worse than no moderation. A bad moderator can destroy a forum by showing favoritism

and bad judgement.

This forum has worked out well under Scooby and frankly the personalities of other gaythailand forums are too present, too

ego driven, as proven by the worst of the worst, the now deceased bitchboard boss.

I have no problem with moderating here , we are behaving very well.

After now departed tariq threw some mud at me  I PM Scooby and he cleaned up premises promptly. I know z909 reported that too as indicated in post #7 so action was rater swift.

Member do not need to agree on anything but purposely offensive name  calling should be exterminated as it was done in that case.

Bad moderation is far worse than no moderation. A bad moderator can destroy a forum by showing favoritism

and bad judgement.

This forum has worked out well under Scooby and frankly the personalities of other gaythailand forums are too present, too

ego driven, as proven by the worst of the worst, the now deceased bitchboard boss.

Agree; that is one reason I liked Baht-Stop, the owner/moderators had a laissez-faire policy which worked well. Saying that, I always did wonder  who Baht-Stop was but will never know.

One of the reasons that I really like this forum is that it rarely requires moderation if any at all, I find the posters here to be civilised even when they disagree with others. Healthy debate is good but I have seen many other forums where some members just continue to try and ram their opinions down others throats even when they are wrong, hell I even had to modeerate a forum like that and it wasn't much fun.

This forum on the other hand rocks.