Guest LoveThailand

A sketchy trip report

Guest LoveThailand

Back from a 2 week visit.

Part 1 - Koh Samet, 8 days.

Stayed at TubTim resort, $30 for a fan bungalo.

TubTim is a beautiful quiet beach with mixed visitors (a few gay couples, straight families and everyone in between). The baech feels uncrowded at all times, no people from countries usually associaated with disgusting manners.

The bungalo basic - a small verandah with a table and chairs, a HUGE comfortable bed, some shelves, a shower and toilet inside - steps from the beach. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be had at the restaurant (good prices - breakfast at B150, I think).

Within walking distance from TubTim - bigger beaches with larger resorts, bars and clubs. Silver Sands and Ploy Bar gather bigger crowds for their fire shows which are nice to watch.

The island is pretty much explorable by walking - there is a "central" part with a few streets (shops, massage parlors, etc) within 20 minutes slow walk.

The bars and other places - many opportunities to meet locals and visitors. With Grindr and Jacked and Line being of great help.

Massage (by ladies) offered on the beach. One time was offered a massage by a definitely gay boy - but one should not count on this - after this occasion never saw him again.

Met a local guy and spend most of my time with him - including meeting his friends, going to the temple and enjoying the local side of life. Lots of fun.

Getting to Koh Samet: B2,200 taxi from BKK airport, was ripped off on a speed boat from Ban Phe to Tub Tim (B1,000). Advice: just go to the Ban Phe pier and look for a good price. Speed boat should be about B300 directly to the beach where you want to stay on the island. Slow boat is chaper but goes to the main pier and you'll have to get to your beach on foot or use an extremely overpriced taxi.

Return boat can be arranged at the place where you stay - spped boats usually pick people up every hour (advance booking may be required) and cost B300 to Ban Phe.

Return to BKK - used Suraya Travel (their shop is near the pier in Ban Phe) - B300 minivan to Victoria Monument.

BKK

Stayed at FuramaXlusive Sathorn - at discounted $36 per nigh great value. The hotel is perfectly located (near Glow) - minutes to Silom/Patpong - and Convent Road with lots of food.

Again,, spent most of time with same awesome boy found through dating apps. Another thorn in my heart - they just make this bf experience too good to leave behind.

Dropped by Tawan - about 3 customers and a gang of Korean girls with their bfs. Shrieking and laughing. I do not like this. The guys were very friendly and kind of desperate for an off. On stage - the guys wearing thongs, one naked.

Massage - tried a few - Arena was excellent as always. The rest smaller shops mixed.

Soi Twilight rather downbeat - Soi 4 - on the contrary - lots of people, lots of opportunties to meet guys. After 11 many move to DJ Station - one has to be very lazy or not interested to leave alone after an hour or so there.

For guys from cnountries that get 15 days "visa" on arrival. Check the dates they stamp in your passport. In my case I did not - and on leaving found out they stamped 14 days - so I had 1 day overstay. Border officer frowned and required a B500 "fine" - which I did not have a choice but pay.

Overall - another blissful 15 days. Another cycle of looking forward to my next trip.

Overstay fees seem to be big industry on border posts in LOS. They count day of arrival as first day even if you arrive , say at 23.55.

No need to count days though as they stamp with date one is admitted to , best to check it right away when collecting passport on immigration and be prepared with fees .

Good to know Arena is still excellent - almost always my first stop on Bangkok trail, do you remember who was your masseur?

If Tawan boys are desperate for an off I hope to help them in few weeks.

Guest LoveThailand

I am awful with names - so do not remember the name of my Arena masseur. But there were none in the lineup I would refuse - all masculine.

After quite a few visits to Thailand and frequenting the massage places I am still shy when have to choose from a line up (for example at Arena or Fan Club).