brall3

MONTARA Massage Spa

I have not see a report on this spa so I decided to submit one. The Montara Massage Spa is located on Silom Soi 6 in BKK.

The place is beautifully decorated with the body massage rooms located on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Some rooms have a massage mat on the floor, and the other rooms have the raised massage bed with a shower in the room. The walls between the rooms do not go from the floor to the ceiling. They go about 3/4 of the way up, so you can hear the noise of the people next door, and they can hear you.

You select the massage guy or girl, yes a few girls work there, from the receptionist's tablet. The guy I selected came into the entry parlor and asked me to follow him. He did not greet me nor even smile. I mentioned this to the receptionist and he said: "maybe he will be nice in the room". WRONG.

When we entered the room, the guy asked me to shower and he left the room before I took off my clothes. A few minutes after I showered and dried myself, the guy re-entered the room. He was fully clothed. I asked him to take a shower and he said "no shower". Throughout the entire massage, he kept his clothes on. Twice I asked him to remove his clothes and he said no. I reached out and touched his leg and he stepped back. After finishing the massage he indicated for me to shower and left the room. While I was showering he came in and cleaned the room. No "happy ending" here, only a polite smile. Oh, you pay for the massage in advance. After the massage, the guy waited outside the building for his tip.

The place is beautifully decorated and very clean. The receptionist was very polite and the massage was o.k, but I will not be going there again.

Nice report. I certainly won't be going there. As Vinapu suggests, you may have just scored the wrong guy, but I'm not willing to risk wasting my time.

I had a similar experience at Indra(?) massage opposite Tawan. The boy wouldn't do anything sexual. His excuse? "I man. I not gay."

And I couldn't even choose my masseur - he was assigned to me. There were more handsome guys I would have chosen over him.

WTF is a guy like that doing working in a male massage joint?

Also in Chiang Mai last month I went to 2 Brothers massage and the guy I chose was reluctant to do anything - no suck, no fuck, only chuck. The next day I returned but this time chose another guy who was more amenable. To the horror of the first guy, I took the second boy upstairs every day for a week. The first guy could have made a lot of money had he played his cards right.

I've often thought that Thai boys have no business sense at all.

"I man. I not gay."

And I couldn't even choose my masseur - he was assigned to me. 

I must say often I have better experience with straight boys than gay ones. I guess it more depends on boy's  business sense than actual sexual preference.

After I landed one of my best boys by way of assignment at Bangkok Massage, soi Twilight I'm no longer averse to this method.

Often fate knows better then us , it's why from time to time we are chasing dream boy who turns out to be dud, speaking from personal experience unfortunately.

I suppose it depends what you have a right to expect when entering a gay massage shop. By definition you should receive a massage, but what have you the right to receive in addition in the form of sexual services ?.

I always expect the masseur to be naked and mostly that happens, only the odd occasion when that was not the case. In August I selected a younger boy who started to massage dressed. I could tell he was inexperienced and a litlle nervous and later he told me it was his first day. I asked him to strip which he did down to his underpants, but after further urging he took those off.

His massage was OK and I couldnt complain, but i realised that the sexual part would be limited. He allowed me to fondle him whilst he masterbated me, but no oral or anal occured. Did I have the right to expect more ?.

No "happy ending" here, only a polite smile... The place is beautifully decorated and very clean. The receptionist was very polite and the massage was o.k, but I will not be going there again.

Thank you for your report and a warning. now I wonder if others had similar experience there since you possibly just picked up 'wrong ' guy.

I suppose it depends what you have a right to expect when entering a gay massage shop.

and then I suppose it depends what you have a right to expect when entering a massage venue like Montara Massage Spa that does not promote itself as a gay massage venue or even as a sex massage venue!

as surprising as it may be to some people here not every place in Thailand is a front for prostitution and sex - just because you are a sex tourist or sexpat  doesn't mean the server at McDonalds is going to offer a blowjob with that burger rather than fries or that every masseur is going to offer a happy ending - some massage venues are just places that only offer massage and spa treatments, some offer massage but some staff may unofficially offer more, and some only exist to offer sex with massage as foreplay

it doesn't take that much skill and experience to tell the difference, so if you want a blowjob with your burger go to a hands-free restaurant and if you must have sex with your massage then go to a sex massage venue rather than publicly castigating a massage venue for not offering sex!

bkkguy

As usual  when you post it is something combative and useless. In no way did the OP castigate the place. Perhaps you should get a dictionary and look up the word castigate before you make yourself look so DUMB!!

In fact it was a very fair description of the place with a number of positive comments..

Perhaps the OP does not have as much experience in which places to choose for which type of massage.

In fact the place he described, he might get what he wanted if he choose a different Guy.

In Thailand there are no absolutes in what is available in different type massage parlors.

But certainly you know this and just want to attack someone because that is all you ever do!

as surprising as it may be to some people here not every place in Thailand is a front for prostitution and sex - just because you are a sex tourist or sexpat  doesn't mean the server at McDonalds is going to offer a blowjob with that burger rather than fries or that every masseur is going to offer a happy ending

You must be joking. Even girls working at McDonald's have offered me BJs and I'm not even a sex tourist either. These offers are about the only reason I keep going back, it surely cannot be the delicious food.

when I saw you quoting me for a second I thought ' here it goes , second opinion about the place' so I'm kind of disapointed that  it did not happen.

as surprising as it may be to some people here not every place in Thailand is a front for prostitution and sex - just because you are a sex tourist or sexpat  doesn't mean the server at McDonalds is going.........

while you are perfectly right above,  there's big difference about  every place in Thailand and world famous, cum soaked,  quarter of Patpong .

I venture is not unreasonable to expect that  bar or massage place located  in those few precious blocks between Silom and Surawong will provide some channel to the  pleasures of the flesh. Hence OP  decided to treat us with his report saying that it is  not necessarily always  a case.

Report is balanced and fair, I'd not even say is critical and in no way of castigating.

He just told us what you repeated after him - that not every place we think is sex massage place  is in fact so.

He just did it on much more digestible form that "Intolerable crap shooter" / or is it crap thrower? / from post #6

Buyer of lottery ticket has right to expect to be a winner, right not granted to  those who did not buy such  a ticket.

Visitor to massage place on the " proper " side of Silom has reasonable right to hope that his sexual advances will not be summarily rejected.  He does not have right to ask for them, even less to request,   but certainly is not unreasonable to enter massage parlor there hoping for some thrill in nether regions.

If it actually happens will depend of client , masseur or masseuse  and policies of the place but I'd say visitor can be a bit surprised if such located a place will turn out to be just proper massage place and no more, just like one in the Oriental Hotel.

I wish more of us would be coming with  reports like OP from various places without a need of hearing pontifications.

Now I know why most fairy tales begin with "once upon a time". So people will know that it is a fairy tale and nothing more or nothing less, just a story to be enjoyed and not analyzed to death.

With that said, my next report will begin with "THIS IS A REPORT". For those of you who simply can not resist analyzing, dissecting, reading more or less than what was intended, here is my next report: today the sun is shining. Have fun with the report!

Now I know why most fairy tales begin with "once upon a time". So people will know that it is a fairy tale and nothing more or nothing less, just a story to be enjoyed and not analyzed to death.

With that said, my next report will begin with "THIS IS A REPORT". For those of you who simply can not resist analyzing, dissecting, reading more or less than what was intended, here is my next report: today the sun is shining. Have fun with the report!

Don't get upset and keep posting, if you read responses you will  see that quite a few of us liked it and this is what counts.

No, I am not upset, far from it. just attempting to add humor to some of the replies to this and other posts. My friends got a good laugh from my last post, and I hope others did as well. Additionally, it is an attempt to inform others to look over the comments of those who try to diminish the valuable information this site has and is providing for many. After 14 years of visiting Thailand, I really enjoy this and other sites related to gay traveling.

Thank you for sharing. I would say Montara is a place where you can expect a good massage, but everything more is a matter of luck. Happy ending must be a rare occasion in this place.

Last year, I had a massage there, with happy ending. I had to indicate this to the masseur, we agreed on 1000 Baht.

Whereas for Indra, I would expect hanky-panky to be the norm and report above (a447a) surprises me. I did chose my masseur. But then, the shop is for massage, everything else has to be negotiated between customer and masseur. However if the masseur does not want to provide any further service, he should work elsewhere (case similar to non-offable boy in a bar). I had happy ending at Indra, details here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/08/indra-massage.html

A general note: if the masseur is reluctant to take off his clothes or immediately starts negotiating a price, that's a bad sign. I had this twice, it was a waste of money. In such a case, rather back-pedal and do just massage and tip accordingly (just massage).

A general note: if the masseur is reluctant to take off his clothes or immediately starts negotiating a price, that's a bad sign.

Even this is not hard rule, I recall few cases / Magnolia, Scandic, SawatdeeSpa in soi Pluk Chit / where boys were dressed all the time and even resorted to adjusting   my wandering hands and still at end of massage extension of service was offered and I dare to say,  gladly accepted. 

It looks that some boys don't like blending massage and afters but rather divide session in two.

Never had a case of immediate price negotiation so can't comment on that but few times at more regular massage places along Silom  mid-way through massage boy indicated additional possibility and either asked how much I give him or indicated his price which I did not mind. 

As for immediate negotiation though I recall case when in the shower before massage boy asked straight ' who will be f....g whom? ' and when I asked what he prefers he said ' whatever customer wants", this is what we call client service ! No money mentioned in the case at all though. 

As usual  when you post it is something combative and useless.

You are absolutely right.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is the only kind of posting this person ever submits.  Still nothing whatsoever within any of his posts, past or present, to indicate he has ever even been to Thailand at all, much less living here.  I admit it took me a very long time to see it, but what I do see, and all I've ever seen from this man, are troll posts.

Still nothing whatsoever within any of his posts, past or present, to indicate he has ever even been to Thailand at all, much less living here.

if you look at all the IP addresses I have used to access your forum since it started you will find that most of them are owned by Thai ISPs with just a few from other countries for short periods of time when I was on holidays.

and in all of our discussions about retirement extensions I have always been more than willing to show you my extension but you where never willing to show me yours - but then you were never one to be interested in letting the facts get in the way of you and your "expert" opinions

bkkguy

and in all of our discussions about retirement extensions I have always been more than willing to show you my extension but you where never willing to show me yours

Is that so?  When did you ever ask to see my extension?  I don't remember that.  You say you're perfectly willing to show your extension.  Ok, show it now.

Even if you did ask to see mine, I posted photos of exactly the same extensions that I've received - the ones that say "Retirement" right on the extension.  That has nothing to do with all of your troll posts.  That's the only kind of posting you've ever done and are still doing.  Maybe you have been to Thailand after all.  Bravo!  Now the boards are blessed with a troll who has been to Thailand and consistently submits totally useless posts - including the ones you posted on this topic. 

Now I've said my piece and am done with it.  The last word is all yours.

I posted photos of exactly the same extensions that I've received - the ones that say "Retirement" right on the extension.

you very carefully cropped the photo before posting so it showed just the red "Retirement" stamp but nothing else then claimed it proved it was a retirement visa and then refused to post the full image because of course it was not a visa, it was an extension as you now concede, but were unwilling to do then

and I bet this "last word" retreat when things are not going to your liking when playing away from home is not as satisfying as wielding the "iron fist" in the safety of you own dominion

bkkguy

you where never willing to show me yours 

First, apologies to the OP for being off-topic.

As Firecat accurately stated, you only appear to castigate and throw your little barbs and, as others have said, not once that I can recall have you offered any substantive help or information to anybody.  When I see your board name here, I suddenly have the urge to grab a can of mosquito spray.

As for retirement visas, it continues to amaze me that the only ones who get bent out of shape when that term is used are pendants like you.  No foreigner (well, except the pendants) refers to the "one year extension based on retirement" as anything other than a "retirement visa."  And no immigration officer I've spoken to in private has ever called it anything other than a "retirement visa."  Come to think of it, at the recent speech given by the Chiangmai Chief of Immigration and his associates to our expat club up here, their references too were only to a "retirement visa."  I also recall a chat I had with two immigration officers where they answered "retirement visa" when I asked them (pointing at my "extension") what they would call it and, when I then went on to explain that some falang get all hot and bothered when people use that term, one of the officers blurted out "falang baa!"  He wasn't referring to me.    

Guest ButterballBruce

As for retirement visas, it continues to amaze me that the only ones who get bent out of shape when that term is used are pendants like you.  No foreigner (well, except the pendants) refers to the "one year extension based on retirement" as anything other than a "retirement visa." 

And thank you Bob for the big laugh you gave us with that sentence.  It continues to amaze me that Bob's neck is not broken with a "pendant" the size of bkkguy around his neck!  Instead of mosquito spray, why not get a can of foot spray and give yours a few quick pumps before you put it in your mouth the next time. :lol:

Guest ButterballBruce

You must be joking. Even girls working at McDonald's have offered me BJs and I'm not even a sex tourist either. These offers are about the only reason I keep going back, it surely cannot be the delicious food.

:lol: Alexx,  I wonder what they give you when you order a Sausage McMuffin.