Travellerdave

Injuries in Thailand

I just wondered about mouthwash, too, when I saw the huge bottles at Chakran's bathroom again. Having so many people use the same bottle, it might do more harm than good?

As for injuries in Thailand, I haven't had any except for some little bruises yet. Nothing that has required me to seek medical attention thus far. Knocking on wood that my luck won't run out any time soon... :)

Nevertheless, I think good insurance is a must-have.

Im always a bit nervous about sucking minus condom. Im not sure if mouthwash does any good. When i went to Magnolia Massage there was a supply of Listerine available and i always have a small bottle with me when i intend to have a massage or have sex in a ST room.

I don't mouthwash will prevent anybody from getting cold or worse but certainly makes kissing more pleasant so I always carry bottle with me when out, one never know when cute massage boy  will derail him.

Bottles provided at places  usually have liquid  diluted not to mention small risk Alexx mentioned above

Guest Promsak

Since this topic is titled "Injuries in Thailand," if you are looking for injury-only insurance and don't already have coverage, both Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank sell accident insurance

My SCB ATM Card (called Super Debit Plus) has some accident insurance tied to it.

It pays up to 15K Baht per accident with unlimited number of accidents.

I've no idea how much I pay annually for this.

I know that other banks have similar schemes.

Not an injury, but I am in a constant state of light sunburn, despite avoiding sun (stay in during day, walk in shade, use umbrella).

In France I had a bank card with insurance, when I opened an account I signed up for it, it was free in the first year. Then I forgot to read the small print, and one year later, I found a monthly fee of 28 EUR (about 1000 THB) deducted monthly from my account, and it took me month to cancel it due to poor conversation.

My SCB ATM Card (called Super Debit Plus) has some accident insurance tied to it.

It pays up to 15K Baht per accident with unlimited number of accidents.

I've no idea how much I pay annually for this.

I know that other banks have similar schemes.

As I understand it, most Thai banks offer some form of accident insurance when a falang opens up an account.  Bangkok Bank offered me that when I first opened up an account with them, I quickly read a sheet of paper the bank person gave me which outlined the alleged benefits, and I declined the insurance (based on what I read....although I don't remember much now as it was 10+ years ago....I thought it was a rip-off).  I also declined the same offer with my current Thai bank (also SCB).

Up to you but you could either ask your bank how much it costs (or, perhaps, just look at your monthly statements online and figure it out yourself?).