Guest comewhatmay

its not the same in pattaya any longer

Guest Prakanong

I must admit I find a word like "bullying" to be grossly misused in this context. Anytime you post information about a personal incident you were involved in, it's going to be read critically. And some people are going to be skeptical. It should not be a cause for hurt feelings and certainly is not bullying if you write something and someone tells you they do not believe it.

It's bullying when you repeatedly gang up on someone when he's already said he's not going to reveal the identity of the alleged perpetrator.  It's akin to five schoolboys guys pushing another into the corner in the school toilet and hitting him all over until he coughs up his lunch money or does whatever it is they want him to do.  Revealing the identity of the alleged perpetrator could have also subjected comewhatmay and the board to Thailand's strict defamation laws where you don't even have to prove malice.

Guest Prakanong

Yes, cliquishness and tribalism can infect any forum, and good forums and active members do their best to fight against that tide. But that does not mean one should blindly throw away their critical judgment just to be opening and welcome to new members.

I don't see anyone suggesting that critical judgment be abandoned here.  Posts about prostitutes, penetration and the skyrocketing price of offs deserve our critical analysis as much as the Palestinian peace process and the cure for cancer.  These are very important issues that should not be taken lightly.  And if they do decide to terminate all fuck shows in the bars, is the cure for cancer even worth finding?  And no one is remotely suggesting that the red carpet be rolled out for new members (although a little courtesy would be nice) but what I find amusing here is the desperate need to pull the rug from under them especially when the holy grail topic of boy prostitutes on gay romeo is brought up.

Guest Prakanong

It's also important to remember that the OP did not claim he was the victim of a crime of opportunity or that a shouting match had progressed as a result of disagreement over price after the act (the kinds of stories people are repeating here and that anyone with any regular involvement in Thailand's commercial sex scene have heard before). He was saying he was the victim of a planned extortion.

I think you should read comewhatmay's story again.  Perhaps in your hurry to be critically judgmental, you thought it best not to waste any time actually reading his story and to just go along with the mob.

Comewhatmay said:

Sadly on his arrival at my hotel that night .and was nothing more than a complete disaster not only from the sex point of view but with his conduct and threats of police involvement if I did not pay him a further sum of 1000 BT over our earlier agreed price of 1200 BT short time. After much squabbling and raised voices between us both I suggested 1500BT. The responsive from him was " NO YOU GIVE 2500 BT NOW OR POLICE COME AND THEY FIND YABBA IN ROOM"

Guest Fatfifty

Just out of curiosity. What part of the story do you consider believable?I have a feeling your definition of scammed is totally different then the OP story.???

I didn't say I believe part of the story, I believe the story...

By scammed, I mean threatened with calling police, and being accused of having sex with an underage boy, who was friends with my boy, and was waiting outside for him, prepared to tell cops I molested him if I did not pay. I payed them and sent them on their way. Cheaper then any feeble attempt of any Farang to be believed of the sacred thai people's.

I know this kind of this is rare, but it happens. For non believers, well no one can change your mind. Hopefully you never end up the victim in one of these scams.

I would think the post was intended to share a bad situation. Obviously, the court of farangs here want photos, video. Copy of thai I'd, and more to believe anything. I don't ask anyone to believe what I or any ways, I do hope we can respect each other's stories, and if there is a need for a tongue lashing, maybe it could be done more privately. Again, make me fearful of this groups judgements to really post anything.

I enjoy very much reading the posts, and I really love the detailed reviews of gay Romeo that give pics, I'd numbers etc... It's a fantastic tool here to share info.

Hope all can agree we don't have to believe everything to get along... Even the great reviews by one lucky guy will not promise the same results for everyone. Some of us are less attractive than others, and even the boys can't always fake a good time if they are turned off...

Cheers, and best wishes to all

Revealing the identity of the alleged perpetrator could have also subjected comewhatmay and the board to Thailand's strict defamation laws where you don't even have to prove malice.

Did you think through that statement?  A boy who has very little money is going to hire a lawyer to try to sue a farang, whose name and whereabouts he probably doesn't even know, for defamation when that same farang could just as easily counter charge him with extortion?  Right.

I've already mentioned Gay Romeo guestbooks in which farang who think they've been cheated, stolen from, etc. posted their negative comments right in the boy's guestbook.  These posts come from people who the boy has met and knows who they are.  Have you heard of any resulting lawsuits?  Ever?

As I've already said, for the boy to even know who to sue, then the farang would have to be the only one the boy ever tried to extort.  Otherwise, how could he possibly know who to sue?

Did you consider the idea that if the boy really planted a ya ba pill in the OP's room and actually would be dumb enough to call the police, when the police find the ya ba, guess whose fingerprints would be on the packet or on the pill itself.

Nobody asked for anything more than the boy's Gay Romeo profile name.  Even if you actually believe the OP's post, my position is if someone is going to accuse a boy of trying to pull a stunt like that, then if he's not going to tell us who he's accusing he shouldn't  post in the first place.

If the board owner was worried about a lawsuit if the boy was identified, very simple - he could edit out the name and/or delete the post.

Why on earth some of you would take the OP's story at face value without having any idea what the boy's side of the story might be goes beyond me - unless, of course, you operate under the assumption the farang must be telling the truth and telling the whole story and the boy would only lie.

Prakanong, on 19 Oct 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

I'd be very careful about making statements like that unless you're very sure of the veracity of all your past, present and future posts, and that they meet the high standards that members of this board deserve.

Lol

Prakanong, all of my posts, be they last, present or future are open to the scrutiny of all members of the boards I post on - just like the OP's post, funnily enough!

The high standard I mentioned refers to the expectation that posters do not make things up. That's surely the least we can expect from our fellow members. If we take the stance that it doesn't really matter if a post is truthful or just pure BS the credibility of the board flies out the window. That was my issue with Michael. And no, Michael, I'm not upset with you; just expressing an opinion.

Rather strange thread and I'm not talking about the original post (of which I have no opinion, comment, or, frankly, any interest).  What's strange (at least to my decrepit mind) is that one or two people who've really had no involvement with the board all of a sudden jump in and start preaching about what this or that regular poster should or shouldn't be saying.  Some of the johnny-come-lately comments may partially apply but I frankly don't understand the motivation of initiating one's career here at GT that way.  And, of course, I have my doubts that we're really dealing with a newbe in any event.

Oh well, carry on. 

Guest ButterballBruce

Rather strange thread and I'm not talking about the original post (of which I have no opinion, comment, or, frankly, any interest).  What's strange (at least to my decrepit mind) is that one or two people who've really had no involvement with the board all of a sudden jump in and start preaching about what this or that regular poster should or shouldn't be saying.  Some of the johnny-come-lately comments may partially apply but I frankly don't understand the motivation of initiating one's career here at GT that way.  And, of course, I have my doubts that we're really dealing with a newbe in any event.

Oh well, carry on. 

I must say I was disappointed to read Bob's comments above.  I've stayed away from this forum for some time (almost five years) because I felt it was turning into an "old boys club" but I was encouraged to post again when I read Michael's comments and the attempts by a few others to stand up to the bullies.  Bob's insinuation of some kind of hydra conspiracy (boy, haven't we had enough of that) is another thinly veiled attempt to drive out new posters.  Who cares where and how they start posting, what counts is the quality of their posts which we should be free to debate and scrutinize instead of speculating as to who they are and their motivation.  The only people I see "preaching about what this or that regular poster should or shouldn't be saying" are the bullies.  Bob himself is guilty of PREACHING about what this or that new poster should or shouldn't be saying and in what thread.  Practice what you preach, Bob!

Dear me....disappointment?  The only time I've preached about something (well, at least as far as I can recall - and I wouldn't trust my memory) is when I've bitched about people attempting to bring other forum fights to this board. And, if that's preaching, I'm guilty as charged....hang me.

It's bullying when you repeatedly gang up on someone when he's already said he's not going to reveal the identity of the alleged perpetrator.  It's akin to five schoolboys guys pushing another into the corner in the school toilet and hitting him all over until he coughs up his lunch money or does whatever it is they want him to do.  Revealing the identity of the alleged perpetrator could have also subjected comewhatmay and the board to Thailand's strict defamation laws where you don't even have to prove malice.

Uhh...no. An anonymous person on the Internet telling another anonymous person that they do not believe the story they just told is not akin to a gang of people physically assaulting someone and stealing their money. I never asked for the guy's profile and don't care. Maybe his story is 100% true. I have repeatedly said that, but after reading it the first time, before there was a single comment, my initial impression was that I did not believe the story. 

I don't see anyone suggesting that critical judgment be abandoned here.  Posts about prostitutes, penetration and the skyrocketing price of offs deserve our critical analysis as much as the Palestinian peace process and the cure for cancer.  These are very important issues that should not be taken lightly.  And if they do decide to terminate all fuck shows in the bars, is the cure for cancer even worth finding?  And no one is remotely suggesting that the red carpet be rolled out for new members (although a little courtesy would be nice) but what I find amusing here is the desperate need to pull the rug from under them especially when the holy grail topic of boy prostitutes on gay romeo is brought up.

Sarcasm. I get it. By the way, I care way more about the skyrocketing price of prostitution than I do about the Palestinian peace process. Priorities please. At least with pimps and whores, I am pretty sure I will close the deal. Cure for cancer? Eh, too many people on this planet as it is. As for all the new member crap, he posted a discussion titled "it's not the same in pattaya any longer." That heading is obviously an attention grabber, and it's a topic a lot of people have strong opinions about. So of course there is going to be pushback. As for the "holy grail topic of boy prostitutes," forums abound with stories (some have been shared here) about negative experiences with men in Thailand. There is not some kind of knee-jerk reaction to castigate anyone who has had a negative experience of a moneyboy. This is very simple. I did not find the details of his story believable, and that's what I said. I never floated any theories about his motives or intent. But I am curious, if another poster puts up a story that rings untrue, how should people respond?  

I think you should read comewhatmay's story again.  Perhaps in your hurry to be critically judgmental, you thought it best not to waste any time actually reading his story and to just go along with the mob.

Comewhatmay said:

Ouch. That hurt. It was almost like five guys punching me in the face in the bathroom. Yes, I read his story. For his details to make any sense he would have to have been the victim of a planned extortio. He said, specifically, "Quite evidently from that outburst from him that someplace in my room he had or had intended to plant that drug in my room and probably call one of his police fiends if I did not give in to his blackmail attempt." That's called extortion. Though, admittedly, if the guy had not already planted drugs in the room, how could the farang be worried that the guy "had intended to plant that drug in my room?" Was he just going to stand in the middle of his own hotel room while the boy searched for a place to plant drugs? You don't need to be a Thailand expert to think this guy's story is Swiss cheese.  

Guest ButterballBruce

Uhh...no. An anonymous person on the Internet telling another anonymous person that they do not believe the story they just told is not akin to a gang of people physically assaulting someone and stealing their money. I never asked for the guy's profile and don't care. Maybe his story is 100% true. I have repeatedly said that, but after reading it the first time, before there was a single comment, my initial impression was that I did not believe the story. 

Sarcasm. I get it. By the way, I care way more about the skyrocketing price of prostitution than I do about the Palestinian peace process. Priorities please. At least with pimps and whores, I am pretty sure I will close the deal. Cure for cancer? Eh, too many people on this planet as it is. As for all the new member crap, he posted a discussion titled "it's not the same in pattaya any longer." That heading is obviously an attention grabber, and it's a topic a lot of people have strong opinions about. So of course there is going to be pushback. As for the "holy grail topic of boy prostitutes," forums abound with stories (some have been shared here) about negative experiences with men in Thailand. There is not some kind of knee-jerk reaction to castigate anyone who has had a negative experience of a moneyboy. This is very simple. I did not find the details of his story believable, and that's what I said. I never floated any theories about his motives or intent. But I am curious, if another poster puts up a story that rings untrue, how should people respond?  

Ouch. That hurt. It was almost like five guys punching me in the face in the bathroom. Yes, I read his story. For his details to make any sense he would have to have been the victim of a planned extortio. He said, specifically, "Quite evidently from that outburst from him that someplace in my room he had or had intended to plant that drug in my room and probably call one of his police fiends if I did not give in to his blackmail attempt." That's called extortion. Though, admittedly, if the guy had not already planted drugs in the room, how could the farang be worried that the guy "had intended to plant that drug in my room?" Was he just going to stand in the middle of his own hotel room while the boy searched for a place to plant drugs? You don't need to be a Thailand expert to think this guy's story is Swiss cheese.  

Dear Mr. Farmer,

I agree about the anonymity of the Internet but you seem to have missed the point ??  If the Internet is so anonymous, than a random post about a random blackmail attempt by a random boy by an anonymous poster should not have ruffled any feathers, should it??  I mean don't this people have a life??  I don't think posting the boy's details is a good idea because it would ruin this anonymity you speak of.

I disagree with the rest of your post as it is too sarcastic and facetious for my own liking - if I had a board of my own and you posted this crap on my board I would delete it and ban you forever, and I will go around other boards and tell them to ban you too, 555!!

But that's not important.  You said, "It's also important to remember that the OP did not claim he was the victim of a crime of opportunity or that a shouting match had progressed as a result of disagreement over price after the act (the kinds of stories people are repeating here and that anyone with any regular involvement in Thailand's commercial sex scene have heard before)." But that's exactly what the OP said.  You've totally danced around and twisted the issue, which doesn't make you appear very honest, I'm sorry to say.  Scroll back to the very first post and you can see what the OP really said.

I may not be a Thailand expert but I can tell a drunken Farmer Jones when I see one.

Guest ButterballBruce

Dear me....disappointment?  The only time I've preached about something (well, at least as far as I can recall - and I wouldn't trust my memory) is when I've bitched about people attempting to bring other forum fights to this board. And, if that's preaching, I'm guilty as charged....hang me.

No, Bob, I wouldn't trust your memory.  You're the one raking up suspicions about newbies. And no, I wouldn't hang you either as I'm a pacifist and I'd never take the life of another human being regarless of how hungry I am.  I may gorge at those 100Bt moo katak buffets until I turn blue and I even snatched a sandwich from an orphan once but I draw the line at human meat.  There are some lines even Butterball Bruce wouldn't cross, I tell ya!!

But enough. I wouldn't let Bob's insinuations derail this thread any further.  Back on topic.  I don't think it's a good idea to play judge and jury on a random message board.  If I were the OP, I would report what happened to the police instead of giving the boy's details on a message board. Given the number of vindictive personalities on these forums who seem to have no life and live and die on Gay Romeo, who's to say they won't "report" the OP to the boy to score some brownie points or freebies or whatever.  Anything's possible in Pattaya.

Anyway it's good that the OP shared his story with us as new visitors to Pattaya might want to know these things.

If the board owner was worried about a lawsuit if the boy was identified, very simple - he could edit out the name and/or delete the post.

on your own web site would you use your iron fist to edit/delete a post where a Thai bar boy or GR member is named and defamed? or is that reserved just for falung bar owners who are more likely to sue?

and if you would delete it then what is the point of demanding the OP post such information here?

silly question - you have acknowledged in previous posts here that you are happy to do things on other forums that you would not personally allow on your own!

I am fairly sure you would delete this post on your own forum, will be interesting to see what happens here where your iron fist does not reach!

but anyway are the rules that much better here? there are pages and pages in the policy about what personal information you can reveal about a member of this site and what comments you can make about them, what pictures you can post, etc, but we have explicit threads and even whole forums devoted to posting and discussing intimate details, sometimes with identifying information and pictures, about Thai guys - but it's OK, they are just money boys, just toys for our pleasure!

how long do you think posts from Thai guys about how good a fuck or how good a tipper the members of this forum where would last on this forum? particularly if they included pics of the forum member in the shower or suggestively on the bed? - perhaps we should all chip in and supply some of firecat's offs/GRs a camera!

and Michael having read the rest of this thread do you still think this forum is not an "old boys club"?

bkkguy

Why on earth some of you would take the OP's story at face value without having any idea what the boy's side of the story might be goes beyond me - unless, of course, you operate under the assumption the farang must be telling the truth and telling the whole story and the boy would only lie.

I like  this point you made.

Once at BBB Inn I saw boy leaving room after very loud commotion with farang inside.

I liked boy so hired him, he did not want to tell me what was the reason other  than ' no good farang' but I did not have  any problem with the boy and his compensation so my guess would be it's was farang fault.

Disclaimer: this story has nothing to do with credibility of OP as I have no opinion about it, just posted it to reinforce Gaybutton statement above, I think I mentioned this story already somewhere here.  

Prakanong, all of my posts, be they last, present or future are open to the scrutiny of all members of the boards I post on - just like the OP's post, funnily enough!

I think it was you who while ago  reported on SGT theft in one of massage places near Tukcom and some posters were trying to floor you by putting blame on you for being careless.

Am I right or dementia is setting in ? 

on your own web site would you use your iron fist to edit/delete a post where a Thai bar boy or GR member is named and defamed?

Post one and find out.

I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever even been to Thailand.  All you ever do is nitpick and try to ferret out "gotchas."  I have yet to ever see a single post from you about anything you've ever done in Thailand, anyplace you've ever been in Thailand, a single restaurant review or recommendation, a bar you've ever been to, an answer to anybody's questions about anything at all in Thailand, a single experience you've ever had in Thailand, a single post that shows you have ever so much as set foot in Thailand, or anything other than these typical posts you come up with. 

That describes every post I've ever seen you submit on any board and the full extent of your "contributions" to the boards - and why every last one of them are meaningless.

Vinapu wrote: "I think it was you who while ago reported on SGT theft in one of massage places near Tukcom and some posters were trying to floor you by putting blame on you for being careless.

Am I right or dementia is setting in ? "

No, you haven't got old timers disease...yet. Lol

One poster suggested i hadn't even taken my watch to the massage place- that I'd left it back at the hotel and I would surely find it if I looked hard enough! When Neal got involved it became quite a saga...haha.

But in that case, I guess I WAS careless but that doesn't excuse what happened. Anyway, I cheered myself up by going out and buying a new one! These days I only wear cheap watches when I travel - I learnt my lesson fast.

I admit to being naive when it comes to the Asian boys...far too trusting. In Japan crime is not a problem so it's easy to become complacent when visiting other countries. But in all my years travelling it's the one and only time I've had something stolen - apart from being pick pocketed on the baht bus by a gang of women.

If anything, this thread, as others have pointed out, reminds us of the need to be vigilant.

Guest Prakanong

Start posting and have a fun seeing how fast you will be domesticated here.

I post on two Thai language forums and one other forum in English and I can't say I feel 'domesticated' even after several years of participation.  Of course there are some posters whose opinions you look forward to reading, some you automatically cringe at, others you just ignore, etc but I have this other thing called life that takes up most of my time and interest.  Occasionally you get embroiled in vigorous debate like this one iand it's fun for a couple of days until you lose interest after a while or when priorities/other topics take over.  The great thing about those forums is that they are dynamic and always attract new blood with new ideas.  You don't see the same old people who lurk in the wings all the time and can't wait to pounce on anyone who challenges their stale old ideas or pierce the 19th century dream bubble they've comfortably ensconsed themselves in. And the oldies are always supported by a bunch of Igor-like sycophants.

Guest Prakanong

but anyway are the rules that much better here? there are pages and pages in the policy about what personal information you can reveal about a member of this site and what comments you can make about them, what pictures you can post, etc, but we have explicit threads and even whole forums devoted to posting and discussing intimate details, sometimes with identifying information and pictures, about Thai guys - but it's OK, they are just money boys, just toys for our pleasure!

how long do you think posts from Thai guys about how good a fuck or how good a tipper the members of this forum where would last on this forum? particularly if they included pics of the forum member in the shower or suggestively on the bed? - perhaps we should all chip in and supply some of firecat's offs/GRs a camera!

Great points!  Thanks for posting them.

Guest Prakanong

Did you think through that statement?  A boy who has very little money is going to hire a lawyer to try to sue a farang, whose name and whereabouts he probably doesn't even know, for defamation when that same farang could just as easily counter charge him with extortion?  Right.

Without adopting that condescending tone of yours, I just want to say that Thailand has very strict criminal defamation laws that do not require a civil suit.  It's the state prosecutor that decides to pursue the case and he/she does not have to prove malice.  With the law being randomly applied towards foreigners (and even Thais) as it is, I wouldn't take my chances.

Guest Prakanong

That describes every post I've ever seen you submit on any board and the full extent of your "contributions" to the boards - and why every last one of them are meaningless.

I don't think his points are meaningless at all.  They are well thought-out and make for a great rebuttal.  It's what's called a debate.  Arrogantly dismissing them as 'meaningless' is not.

Guest Prakanong

This statement is not fair, do you have any reason to doubt veracity of  a447a posts or you are just heated under the collar due to dispute above?

I don't have a reason to even read his posts, or yours, for that matter.  All I'm saying is that pedantic statements like that can come back and bite you in the ass later.