Guest comewhatmay

its not the same in pattaya any longer

"If nothing else, I hope this topic accomplishes one thing - that from now on if someone wants to post about a "bad boy," then if he doesn't want these kinds of responses, either back up the story or keep it to yourself."

Agree 100%.

When I had a watch stolen from a massage place near Tukom, I posted about the event in full detail and mentioned the name of the place. I was criticised by some for doing so, but it turns out I wasn't the only person to have something stolen from there. I hope by naming the place those who read my post stayed away or, at least knew to be very careful about their possessions.

If I had just written that the watch was stolen from some massage establishment near Tukom, then all massage places would have come under suspicion, which is unfair.

If the OP's story is to be believed (which it isn't!) then it could be any guy on Gayromeo - they are all potential suspects. All are tarred with the same brush and that is unacceptable. From posts on this board it would seem that the guys do not get involved in such shenanigans.

Guest Fatfifty

Wow, I'm new here, not sure I would want to post a story. I too love most of the boys, and don't like hearing negative things about them. This story is totally believable. I was scammed for extra money one night, but as mentioned before, I just paid and took it as a lesson learned... Life's too short to worry about the bad experiences... So many great ones here with the boys to help me feel better.

In the Gay Romeo forums on both this board and Sawatdee, the worst I've seen about any boy has been no-shows, the boy that did show wasn't the same boy in the photos or was much older than his photos, or was a dud.  I have yet to see any in which someone claimed a boy tried to shake him down for more money.  To me, that says this farang is the only one on any of the boards who ever met this boy or he's the only one the boy ever tried to shake down. I don't believe that.

we should remember that there's whole world beyond those boards and non-contributing guests /readers at any given time outnumber  members 10-1 and there are tons of others who don't even know that hose forums exist. So obviously lot of goings, good and bad are never sipping into boards.

again I'm not taking any sides in the controversy since I did not make my mind about it, certainly  both sides have a points it why I like this thread , OP thank you again for instigating such a lively and yet gentlemanly discussion.

Wow, I'm new here, not sure I would want to post a story. I too love most of the boys, and don't like hearing negative things about them. This story is totally believable. I was scammed for extra money one night, but as mentioned before, I just paid and took it as a lesson learned... Life's too short to worry about the bad experiences... So many great ones here with the boys to help me feel better.

scamming for a money  - we all were subject of that at one point so no controversy here but threatening client to plant something sinister in the room and report it to police is by far much more serious infraction well deserving being publicized right left and centre

Guest Prakanong

...But, I hate even worse the old timers who try to rule by directive.  "Give me the name or you are lying."   Well, a board poster should be able to choose what he or she posts and regardless of the accuracy, intelligent people can make up their minds.

This is not an old boys club.  Everyone should be welcome and regardless of their first post or 1,000th post, believe what you will or not.  But, at least give them 20 or more threads to see if they are trolls or not.

It's reassuring to know that this is not an old boys club.  I wasn't sure about that when I joined back in July and that's one of the reasons why I haven't been posting.  It's not just the demand for names and private details that's off-putting but the "old timers" even dictate the manner in which the response is to be given ie saying the profile has been deleted is not acceptable.

Do you know how many times I have heard that a certain bar boy had issues on the boards but posters refused to name names as it was not fair to the boy? 

Or, even one poster who use to say very negative things about a bar but refused to name the bar for fear of liability?

Come on guys.  Really?  You want everyone to post names and dates right?  Are photos next?  Should we only use first names or can we use last names? Should we post photos of those sitting in Sunnee Plaza?  Or, only those that take off boys?

Look, there is a right for any poster to share what they wish to share and bullying them to share more is just stupid.

I don't know if the OP is telling the truth or not.  And, frankly, I don't give a flying fuck.   Anyone that hires boys for money is going to run into trouble from time to time.  If not, you must be the easiest lay on earth.

I have been in rooms (cabinas) in Brazil where more was demanded than I was willing to pay even though the negotiated rate was disclosed up front. I have had similar things happen at Hero and I have had other boys ask for "present" or "tip." 

It is not uncommon.  Shit happens when you hire younger guys to fuck for money.  It is just the nature of the business.

I flew a boy from Brazil to Paris one time.  I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel at over 800 USD a night.  I took him to fine restaurants and a true VIP tour of Paris.  I also had an amount of money set aside for his company.   As we were walking home from Moulin Rouge Theater he saw a laptop computer in a window and he started begging for it.  Please. Please. Please.  This went on for hours.  "It would be good for my life.  It would help me so much."  over and over and over again.  This is a guy I had been with on trips before and he knows how well I tip.  Finally, sick of the shit, I pulled out 2k EU for the computer and told him the money was there and he could take it and buy the computer but when he walked out of the door, I never wanted to see him again. He went back and forth and back and forth over and over and finally I repeated what he said, "good for his life." etc.   He finally took the money and left.  It was less than 1/2 of what he would have gotten from me and I never hired him again. 

I still see him in Brazil and I still hang out with him but never for money.  He knows that was a mistake but he also knows that I will not hire him again.  But, I did refer him to others and wrote reviews on boytoy.com to get him more business as he was a great guy and great sex.  He just would not be good for a long time vacation.

Shit happens.  Clients are assholes at times. Hookers are assholes at times. That is the way it works. If you don't like it, don't hire anyone for sex.  Some will be bad fucks and some will fuck your world in a great way.

But, when you have an experience, it is your choice how much or how little you wish to share.  Up until Firecat starting posting reviews from Gay Romeo on this site, no profile names were allowed and I do remember some that are now asking for that info in this thread were the ones that got upset if they were used. 

It is not a big deal to me one way or the other if the OP was telling the truth or lying. But, it is something I learned from him and it also just said to me, "Keep your eyes out."

I don't mind paying bar fees. But, bars often fuck the boys over as well and they fuck the customers over as well.  I have had far more issues with bars and manasans than I ever had at a massage parlor but I don't tell everyone to avoid the bars.  I have also not gotten what I wanted from Gay Romeo but I don't tell me to avoid it.  Find who you want, where you want, gather as much info as you can and make a good informed decision.

I won't tell you which mamasan screwed me or which bar owner was an asshole either. But, they are out there. 

Lastly, I am not trying to argue with anyone.  I am just trying to say there are different sides to every story and while you may believe the OP's post is bullshit (I am not disagreeing) I am only saying give them a chance.  If you don't have the patience to do that, well, then shit....

:)

Guest Prakanong

Come on guys.  Really?  You want everyone to post names and dates right?  Are photos next?  Should we only use first names or can we use last names? Should we post photos of those sitting in Sunnee Plaza?  Or, only those that take off boys?

Look, there is a right for any poster to share what they wish to share and bullying them to share more is just stupid.

Exactly.  Besides, I'm not sure what it is that comewhatmay has done that is so offensive to deserve this kind of bullying.  He used an app, had a bad experience, decided to post about it.  So what.  My father had a bad experience with his Toyota and now swears to anyone who would listen that he'll never get behind the wheel of a Toyota again.  Should we take him out to the backyard and beat the crap out of him?  And what harm has comewhatmay's post done to the anomymous boy or is accusing a random sex worker of blackmail too outrageous in a town where at least one westerner dies under suspicious circumstances every month?

I think most newbies get a very friendly reception here, and I remember some of them who have posted about their first experiences with great success. This one wasn't that lucky, but really, his OP did have "fabricated story" written all over it and he hasn't made things better with the replies that have followed.

As for his agenda, if his only agenda is attention seeking, congratulations, that's a lively thread. ;) I don't think he's a bar owner trying to discourage people from using GayRomeo, that's pretty far fetched and if bar owners really were THAT clever they simply wouldn't run a bar in Thailand in the first place.

Michael does make a good point about scam artists being able to smell a newbie from miles away. That's true, so maybe it isn't as unlikely as I thought that someone's very first experience turns bad with such grandeur.

"'m not sure what it is that comewhatmay has done that is so offensive to deserve this kind of bullying. "

By refusing to name the guy, whose alleged actions would have extremely serious consequences if the farang didn't pay up, he has impugned ALL the guys on GR. That's what is "offensive."

And there is no "bullying" involved,only repeated (and still ignored) requests for him to post the obvious - the details of the guy involved. If the story were true, then that would serve 2 purposes- it would make his post a lot more credible and warn potential clients to steer clear. If true, then this guy is dangerous.

And Michael, I'm astonished that the veracity, or lack thereof, of a post on this board is of little concern to you. Surely members deserve a higher standard than that.

Guest Prakanong

"'m not sure what it is that comewhatmay has done that is so offensive to deserve this kind of bullying. "

By refusing to name the guy, whose alleged actions would have extremely serious consequences if the farang didn't pay up, he has impugned ALL the guys on GR. That's what is "offensive."

No.  That is your reading of it and maybe some of the others here.  You don't speak for all the readers of this board, registered or non-registered.  I read it as a bad experience that comewhatmay had, with one guy and his own reaction to it. Is he over reacting? Perhaps, but we've all met someone who having been  to a restaurant for the very first time and had a bad meal, decides not to go back to the restaurant ever again.  What more if that someone is being blackmailed for drug possession.

I don't think anyone can honestly vouch for the character of every single sex worker on gayromeo and if there's a possibility that even one of them is capable of doing what comewhatmay had described, then he has the right to share his story or would you rather all of us believe that all sex workers on gayromeo walk on water?  You of course have the right to defend all the gayromeos you want, without attacking comewhatmay for making his post.

Guest Prakanong

And Michael, I'm astonished that the veracity, or lack thereof, of a post on this board is of little concern to you. Surely members deserve a higher standard than that.

I'd be very careful about making statements like that unless you're very sure of the veracity of all your past, present and future posts, and that they meet the high standards that members of this board deserve.

1. I don't own the board. I don't have a cat in this fight.

2. I have read Bullshit from posters in Pattaya for years. Many years.  I learned to smell them out pretty quick but I didn't delete their posts.

There is a disagreement as to whether or not the OP is true or false.  You can't decisively prove it is false.  Can you?  If so, prove away.  But, regardless of what you post, it won't be proof.  It is your assumption.

Message boards are full of posts that intelligent people have to decipher the veracity of each and every day.  When I watch Fox News, I smell nothing but bullshit but there are others that believe it to be the gospel truth. 

Can people not just disagree without getting so upset?   I am not upset with anyone.  But, I do not see the need to ask someone to post a name they don't want to post. IMHO, that is just absurd. But, I know many of you think that makes me an asshole. That is OK.  I don't really care to be honest. This is not a popularity contest and I only got involved to stick up for a new poster.  I said my peace with it and I stated my opinion.  The rest of my posts have been clarifying that for others, telling a few stories on the side and trying to get everyone to see that regardless of the OP's bullshit meter, the conversation afterwards has been meaningful and relevant to anyone visiting Thailand.

I think there are many that can read this thread and not learn from it.  We may all learn different things and that is OK. But, no one is going to force me to post a name or force me to post some information I don't want to post regardless of how much they want it. It just isn't going to happen for me and it won't for others either.

That said, I really am not upset with anyone. We are all adults here and we can all have different opinions.  I doubt I'll change mine and I don't I'll change many others.  But, does that make either side irrelevant?

Michael,

If you can believe any of this story (which I don't) then OP has made an unsubstantiated charge against this boy alleging planting drugs and extortion. When asked for more details he dreamed up one of the dumbest excuses I can recall. Remember, this all supposedly takes place at the Dusit Thani, a 5* hotel with 5* security. So he pays the extortion and then becomes fearful and checks out of the hotel. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to smell a rat. He ends his dribble inferring that all GR boys are like this and he is only going to off bar boys and pay the bar fine. Many posters saw through his smoke screen. Does he have an agenda, is he a troll or both? I really don't care. He's probably sitting in his room laughing like hell at the s**t he has stirred up.

With that said, we all know the risks of taking somebody to your room. Nobody here needs to be lectured or listen to a sermon. In the past year, I had a friend lose two Iphones to GR boys who he befriended and thought he could trust. Another friend had his digital camera stolen by a bar boy so there are no guarantees in life, keep your guard up. In all these incidents my friends realized they they did not use good judgment. We have all dealt with firm requests for more money and know how to deal with them.

Guest Prakanong

With that said, we all know the risks of taking somebody to your room. Nobody here needs to be lectured or listen to a sermon. In the past year, I had a friend lose two Iphones to GR boys who he befriended and thought he could trust. Another friend had his digital camera stolen by a bar boy so there are no guarantees in life, keep your guard up. In all these incidents my friends realized they they did not use good judgment. We have all dealt with firm requests for more money and know how to deal with them.

Again, who is "we" here?  Perhaps you know what to do in these situations but there are probably many others who don't, especially newcomers.  Comewhatmay wasn't lecturing or giving a sermon although I reckon spending most of your time on your knees may have made it sound that way to you.  I heard a man complaining and venting.  With what's happened to your friends, and not a day passing without a  substantiated story of a sex industry related crime reported in the media, don't you think a reminder is timely to those newbies who may not be following the Thai media or even old hands who may have become complacent?

Michael,

If you can believe any of this story (which I don't) then OP has made an unsubstantiated charge against this boy alleging planting drugs and extortion. When asked for more details he dreamed up one of the dumbest excuses I can recall. Remember, this all supposedly takes place at the Dusit Thani, a 5* hotel with 5* security. So he pays the extortion and then becomes fearful and checks out of the hotel. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to smell a rat. He ends his dribble inferring that all GR boys are like this and he is only going to off bar boys and pay the bar fine. Many posters saw through his smoke screen. Does he have an agenda, is he a troll or both? I really don't care. He's probably sitting in his room laughing like hell at the s**t he has stirred up.

It does remind me of a time when I was at the Marriott hotel and a pimp/mamasan came to the hotel to "get" a boy that lived with him.  I had taken him off long term and he was upset as he was not getting money.  He said that he was going to cause a scene and starting raising his voice.   We were at a table by the pool and he was shouting and saying things like, "All you want to do is fuck him. I have cared for him and I want him to come home."  Basically, he had another client that had offerd him money and it caused a great stink.  I was throughly embarrased.  The guy was in my room and I had the BF get him.  He was over 18 and he was checked into the room with me.  The mamasan told him that he would be coming back.  I told the boy it was up to him but I would take care of him financially as long as he wanted to stay.  He decided to stay.  The mamasan got even more irate and yelling and cursing me and calling me every name in the book.  The security guard was called and the BF explained the situation and he mamasan was removed from the hotel.  I felt like shit. But, there are guys that think if they yell loud enough or call the cops or cause you problems with hotels, etc that they will get what they want.

I am sure that many of you read this and say, this is just bullshit.  But, it happened.  I was not proud of it.  I was very embarrased. But, I tell it to say, this shit does happen.  Perhaps I was a bit of a slut back then and had too many boys (2 rooms at that time at the hotel) but I was happy and they were happy.  That said, I can tell you that I have had experiences like this in many places.  However, I am also a New Yorker and usually go about my business as usual. 

It is fun to watch these topics take on a life of their own. I must admit I find a word like "bullying" to be grossly misused in this context. Anytime you post information about a personal incident you were involved in, it's going to be read critically. And some people are going to be skeptical. It should not be a cause for hurt feelings and certainly is not bullying if you write something and someone tells you they do not believe it. My response would be: "fine." What do I care? Yes, cliquishness and tribalism can infect any forum, and good forums and active members do their best to fight against that tide. But that does not mean one should blindly throw away their critical judgment just to be opening and welcome to new members.

As to the OP, remember he claimed only to be a newbie vis-a-vis this forum. He had said that he was a regular and frequent visitor to Thailand and was opining about the long-term decline of Pattaya. Even if his story was totally true, it would not support his thesis. It's also important to remember that the OP did not claim he was the victim of a crime of opportunity or that a shouting match had progressed as a result of disagreement over price after the act (the kinds of stories people are repeating here and that anyone with any regular involvement in Thailand's commercial sex scene have heard before). He was saying he was the victim of a planned extortion. That alone would be enough to set his story apart, but as I said in my OP, the details just fell flat and did not seem believable.

If the story happened exactly as described, the only lesson one could take away from it is that it is risky to invite people not personally known to you into your room. If you don't already know this, learn it fast. 

I don't think we are going to change any minds here. Some of us feel the OP told a story that you would expect from a new visitor , yet by his own account he was a long time visitor to Thailand and professed to have lots of experience . To me it did not ring true and others have been more sympathetic.

Some think he was treated harshly because we asked questions that anyone would ask when told such a story.

Certainly when you post such a story, you should expect those kind of questions. If you are not prepared to answer them , then probably better not to post.

If nothing else this thread is a reminder to never let our guard down when dealing with Sex workers. It is the nature of the game that most will have a problem sometime in one of their visits.

But the good seems to far outweigh the Bad at least in my experience.

For me there is nothing left to be said on this subject and I will not be returning to this thread.

I can think of more fun things to do. HeHe

I wasn't sure about that when I joined back in July and that's one of the reasons why I haven't been posting.  It's not just the demand for names and private details that's off-putting but the "old timers" even dictate the manner in which the response is to be given ie saying the profile has been deleted is not acceptable.

Start posting and have a fun seeing how fast you will be domesticated here. I joined  15 month ago after years of lurking and never ever since anybody demanded  to reveal more than I decided to publish, not even in PM / private messages / . It's quite a difference between people being curious and asking questions and being invasive and demanding private details.

It's understandable if somebody states that was robbed at knife-point in  Bangkok,  members will be asking where it was and at what time of day / night as obviously nobody expects to be robbed at broad daylight on SalaDaeng station  but its rather  possible if person was drunk and wandered into  dark alley in the some God forgotten corner of Thonburi. 

This is reason some were  incensed by the kind of cryptic OP I guess. 

I'd be very careful about making statements like that unless you're very sure of the veracity of all your past, present and future posts, and that they meet the high standards that members of this board deserve.

This statement is not fair, do you have any reason to doubt veracity of  a447a posts or you are just heated under the collar due to dispute above?