Guest comewhatmay

its not the same in pattaya any longer

Guest comewhatmay

Hi everyone  I have been coming to pattaya for many years and on this visit I can certainly feel and see how things seem to have gone downhill over the last 8/9 months especially. Not only have prices for food and basic living costs escalated but I also observe a change in attitude by many of the boys who give us pleasure of the flesh. Maybe it has something to do with the changes with the political scene and alternative government structure I don't know but its just not the same here any longer as to what it used to be from my point of view anyway.

Whenever I wanted the company either short or long time I have always used caution and only ever offed boys either from a gogo place or a bar, even tho a bar fine from 300 to 500 BT was involved I consider it to be a small price to pay for a certain degree of safety and or assurance that if anything went wrong I could always relay the problem to  bar / gogo management.

However on this particular trip a Swedish guy I got talking to in jomtein suggested I give that gay romeo site a shot as he told me he only uses that site to find his soul mate when he feels the urge.So I set up a profile and presto within 1 hour I was bombarded with invitations for sex chats and meet ups.Reading the profiles to try and sort out the liars from the buyers I came across one particular boys profile that said all the right stuff that got me very interested in meeting him which I did,. His photos and the things he said while we chatted online for over 1 hour was really remarkable and without doubt this boy I now realise was a very experienced and true professional at the dating game  with foreigners.

Sadly on his arrival at my hotel that night .and was nothing more than a complete disaster not only from the sex point of view but with his conduct and threats of police involvement if I did not pay him a further sum of 1000 BT over our earlier agreed price of 1200 BT short time. After much squabbling and raised voices between us both I suggested 1500BT. The responsive from him was " NO YOU GIVE 2500 BT NOW OR POLICE COME AND THEY FIND YABBA IN ROOM" .

Never in my whole life have I ever had a ting to do with drugs I would not even know what yabba looked like let alone have in in my possession or hotel room. Quite evidently from that outburst from him that someplace in my room he had or intended to plant that drug in my room and probably call one of his police friends if I did not give in to his blackmail attempt. Needless to say I had no way out of the situation and gave him the 2500 and his parting words to me as I showed him the door out he turned to me and said ."  FALANG FUCK OFF MAKE THAILAND BAD LOOKING".

So there you go big lesson learnt now and never ever again will I consider a pick up from gay romeo or any other such site no matter how good looking or how plausible they come across chatting I will happily continue to pay  the 300 / 500 BT bar fine. There;s a lot more to what went on but I think I have said enough about it for now , especially this being my very first contribution to this forum

Guest comewhatmay

hey up2u, what does your reply mean ? are you saying that because its my first post on this forum them I am not being truthful ? ? ok so what maybe it would have been better that I made my first posting along the lines .   ___  "  its a nice day at the beach today" perhaps then you would not have been so quick to call me a liar , or maybe you still would have felt inclined to add one of your insulting comments back to me , or is that just your nature and how you scored 455 postings.

BTW.  place of "incident"  DUSIT THANI HOTEL NORTH PATTAYA. and No I am not staying in that hotel now  I  changed hotels 4 days ago because of that run in with the guy involved.  

are you saying that because its my first post on this forum them I am not being truthful ?

If he isn't, I am.  Your story has no credibility whatsoever.

Do you want to make your story at least somewhat credible?  Firecat69 is absolutely right.  Give us his Gay Romeo name and profile number - and don't try to get away with saying he deleted his profile or must have changed his profile name.  That way it will be easy for the rest of us to find out if this boy pulled this crap with others - or only you.

Guest comewhatmay

do you really think I would be that stupid to publicly name and divulge all his profile details on this forum, I have not done so for the obvious reason I am well aware that all of these boys know and talk to each other,, I have no aspirations for " accidently falling off a balcony " while being depressed or some such nonsense.

Well I have read and know of several of these set ups happening in the Philippines (Angeles City) where freelance girls have worked in conjunction with corrupt cops so it wouldn't surprise me to see it encroaching in Pattaya, only thing is in the Philippines they threaten to say they were raped (or even worse under aged, even if they are really of legal age) unless the "customer" pays up a large sum of money. It's a set up so what foreigner wants the hassle of fighting it (with little chance of winning) so they pay up as much as they can, even then some get screwed again because they didn't pay enough and the crooks partners weren't happy with the settlement.

Guest abang1961

Ok whatever the truth is ....

What I am more concern is that if this incident did happened, then the only advice would be - be absolutely careful when engaging your mates.  For the client's personal safety, can we do a thing - ask the boys to empty their pockets once they enter the room ... This would avoid accusation as TS has encountered?

Guest comewhatmay

its no secret around the place that times are tough for most of these working boys it could very well be that what happened with me was an isolated incident that only applies to this one particular boy, but then again it could be a new scam by several of them that is beginning to emerge to increase their income level. ( time will tell if this is the case or not) . Of course on the other hand its a well known fact that all the working boys on and off gay romeo and such sites are all hard working and completely honest and  truthful who are not into drugs and would bend over backwards in every instance to please their customer in every way. The mere thought of shaking down a customer would never enter their mind.

I am a long term  ( 4 years) member of "that other site" to do with "Thailand and visas" and only joined onto this particular full on gay site to post the event that happened just  5 nights ago so that you other gay men (as I am also) in order to bring to your attention that particular situation, in order  you could all be for warned and for armed to minimise the risk it happening to any of you.

I realise now how thoughtless and stupid of me to have posted and divulged the incident on this particular site, its clear to me that input such as mine is not welcome or appreciated

Guest naughtybutnice

Personally I find the post to be credible.

With the increase of profile names on GR now incuding the words 'Ice' and 'Hi' I would not be at all suprised if the situation that 'comewhatmay' described occured.

I have chatted with guys on GR and during the conversation they have asked "you like hi?" Many of us have met boys who have displayed signs of addition to substances so if the guy that 'comewhatmay' met was desperate for more money then why not threaten the punter, The boys know that 99% of punters would rather shell out a few more Baht than get involved with the BIB.

do you really think I would be that stupid to publicly name and divulge all his profile details on this forum

Ha!  I KNEW there would be some excuse, and a lame one at that.  Right.  If you tell us his Gay Romeo name and profile number, he'll find out that it was posted on this board, that you're the one that posted it (after all, you're the only farang he's ever done this to, so obviously the story came from you), and now he'll hunt you down a push you off a balcony or something. 

Maybe you've managed to fool some others, but you don't fool me for one second.  Next time, if there is a next time, if you want to post such a story, be prepared to post the details - all of them - if you want everyone to believe you.

Naughty but Nice,

I have no idea what age group you are conversing with but I send out 100's of messages to boys each trip. I have never gotten a response like that. There are a few (very few) who put that hint in their profile and I do not send message to those boys.

Again the OP professes that the boys have changed and don't offer the same service with a smile etc.

Wrong , I see no change in how the boys act . Have I seen boys that I suspected are using drugs. Absolutely. Same way I would see have the traders on Wall Street looking high at times.

If the OP was having this long conversation with a boy online that alone would make me suspicious unless the OP speaks and writes perfect Thai.. 90% of the boys on Gayromeo speak and write only the most basic of English . Yes they have translating programs but it is pretty clear when they are using them.

Bottom line I see no difference at least in Pattaya from the Boys over the last 2 years. Only exception is there are a few that are asking for rates very outside the norm. I just laugh and dump them when they say 2-3000.

I am never one for mob mentality, but I have to admit that as I read the OP, my bullshit meter was also tingling. I am not going to say the story is a lie, but I will admit that I am skeptical about its authenticity. Something about it is a little too pat. The "quote" from the boy seemed to hit an especially flat note. 

I pretty quickly abandoned the go-go/bar scene after my first few trips to Thailand and meet most people now either through friends of friends while going out or on social media sites. I have probably used GR for about four years now and have had minimal problems with meeting people from there. Yes, there are the occasionally embarrassing and awkward moments where a guy shows up looking like a fright and nothing like his online persona, but those situations can usually be defused pretty easily with a little tact and guile. Anyone who uses that site with any regularity should learn pretty quickly the things to look for to sort the bogus profiles from the genuine ones. I have to admit, I would love to see this profile that allegedly said "all the right stuff."

Guest finally

I would..maybe.. buy this story if the "incident" had happened in a private apartment or in a small guesthouse, but you claimed to have been in a reputable hotel, the Dusit. Why did you not call security immediately? I am sure this scum bag would have dissapeared in a second..You do not provide the GR profile of this guy because you are scared to "fly from a balcony etc"? Do you really want us to believe this guy would be able and want to find out the name of your new hotel,room nr.etc. and walk straight to your room in order to attack you?  Come on , this is just ridiculous..I think it should be common sense to avoid guys on GR who mention "ice, high, fly" or desable their guestbook . Just make sure they leave their ID at the reception. That s it.

I am never one for mob mentality, but I have to admit that as I read the OP, my bullshit meter was also tingling.

I don't see this as mob mentality.  What I see is someone with a personal agenda who suddenly appears out of the woodwork to post a bunch of the most obvious crap.  Apparently, this gentleman is the only farang to become this boy's victim.  Nobody else has been threatened or victimized in this manner by this boy or any other.  If they had, they would have posted about it - and would have told us which boy. 

Not only do I not believe his story, but I don't even believe he was staying at the Dusit Thani. 

I don't know why, but it is plain to see, at least to me, his agenda is to try to frighten people into discontinuing use of Gay Romeo because they might end up with this kind of problem or even end up with the same boy.  I don't know about anyone else, but I've been using Gay Romeo for years and have never had a serious problem.  As a matter of fact, most of the best boys I've ever met came from Gay Romeo.  I've never had anything worse than the boy turning out to be a dud.  The only time I've ever had a boy show up that wasn't the boy in the photos, that was fine with me.  I liked the boy who showed up better than the boy in the photos - and he was no dud.

Again, if someone wants to post this kind of story, and be truly credible, then include the Gay Romeo name and profile number.  For me, posting an excuse instead only makes an already bizarre story even less credible than it was in the first place.

I also agree with every word firecat69 has written on this topic.  He's absolutely right and anyone who has spent much time in the Pattaya gay scene knows he's right.

Guest anonone

Across the various "gay Thailand" boards, there seems to be a recent trend of new members joining and then posting questionable posts right from the start. I hope it ends soon as it is tiresome. 

In other words..."get a life".

Guest comewhatmay

I did not join this site to be ridiculed and be subjected to entering into slanging matches with you gauys who are so experienced with gay romeo and the like sites , so on that note I say goodbye and I delete my profile its definitely a closed shop for outsiders that I am convinced of after seeing these comments. good luck to you all ,, maybe I will read someplace sometime in the future that one of you know all have been "stung" just as I was but I got out of that sting maybe one or some of you may not be so lucky

I did not join this site to be ridiculed

Why am I getting the feeling that this guy, several days ago, joined both my board and Sawatdee, only to find himself booted off both within two days - and first cried about it in the same manner as the post above?  I believe it's the same guy.  Interesting to me that this guy tried it on this board too after discovering the hard way that he wasn't going to get away with it on the other two boards.

Guest finally

I did not join this site to be ridiculed and be subjected to entering into slanging matches with you gauys who are so experienced with gay romeo and the like sites , so on that note I say goodbye and I delete my profile its definitely a closed shop for outsiders that I am convinced of after seeing these comments. good luck to you all ,, maybe I will read someplace sometime in the future that one of you know all have been "stung" just as I was but I got out of that sting maybe one or some of you may not be so lucky

What a painful and terrible loss....

My problem with the OP is that it's a typical "farang's worst nightmare" story, and not very original at that.

Busted! With! Drugs! In! Thailand! O! M! G!

In other words, a farang troll simply dreaming up that particular plot seems much more likely than a Thai boy actually coming up with that idea and following through with it. Would it work? Probably, sometimes. But there are even easier and far less confrontative ways to get some extra cash.

Now, had that story come from a long-term poster who had met many GR guys and finally encountered a really bad apple, I would probably buy it.

The funniest thing about bogus posts is reading the poster's subsequent attempts at defense. They invariably come off as phony and inauthentic.

If I remember correctly, a new member on another forum claimed to have recently traveled to Pattaya for the first time and asked about sending money back to guys that he had met. It is the exact kind of newbie question that has been discussed to death on forums and is immediately answerable with five minutes of Googling (spoiler alert: it's a bad idea). When members expressed skepticism about his intent, he waded back in to claim the same self-righteous victimhood before leaving in a huff. 

And lets face it if the guy WAS going to get stung like that I'm guessing it would be for a hell of a sight more than 2500 baht !  Hell he talked about the sex being no good, so there's 1500 before you even start, so this shocking Thai hoodlum was threatening him for all of 1000 baht....hardly !

OP - you're so full of shit your eyes are brown ! 

As another poster said......get a life.

Guest abang1961

Yes there may be some rotten apples in the bag but from what I gather from this forum and "seen" with my own eyes, the Thais are generally not too "clever" to use such scams... Most of them have an inborn gentle streak in them and unless the situation is super-dire, they would never want to "squander" their namesake for a few extra bahts...

Once again, even if we give them the benefit of doubt, should we be more vigilant?

Sorry TS/OP, your "duped" account lacks realism... an hour of online conversation ...

Even I who speaks perfect English would not communicate for that long a time..

Probably ten minutes ..want to play, yes? where you stay... what you like, you king? suck can do, i come ten minutes..

Never had I encountered a Thai du jour who speaks perfect English with minimal grammatical errors ..

I have no comment on the authenticity of the original post, but I find it interesting that we have some 20 posts here from all the usual suspects and another 100 or so posts on two or three other forums castigating this guy and one or two others as fakes, many of you feeling compelled to offer your wisdom on these threads multiple times, some of you even having the audacity to tell this guy to "get a life"!

if you are all such experts why have you all failed to grasp the one fundamental principle of forums by now - DON"T FEED THE TROLLS

bkkguy

I do know someone who is an aficionado of GB who knows all the tricks and now takes all the precautions, but, earlier in the game, almost got stung with the fake police routine. 

For me, no success with GR; every time I engage someone in an on-line conversation it ends up with "fuck you farang, you play with me".  So guess I am the troll?  :o