Guest RUK69

Two nights in Bangkok

I have just stopped over in Bangkok for 2 nights on my way to Myanmar. I would like to offer my observations:-

I arrived late Tuesday evening from London via the Middle East, and did not hit Soi Twilight until 11pm. I went in the first gogo bar .on the right as you enter the soi from Suriwong Road, opposite Hotmale2 Bar - I could not see any name outside the bar.  There was an erotic show going on - two large dick boys rolling around on the floor followed by a big dick show with about 6 guys.  The gogo boys followed - about a dozen boys. Drinks were Bht350. I eventually decided to off a cute looking boy 22yo  (No15) who I was assured could do everything. Boy drink was Bht 350 and Off fee was Bht 500.

I took him to BBB Inn - room cost Bht 550 for 3 hours. I discovered when he handed over his ID that he was Cambodian. He turned out to be a complete dud, had no oral skills nor could he bottom. I gave him a couple of hundred baht and walked out.

As it was getting late, I looked into Screw Boys - and walked straight again, and wandered down towards Nature Boys. As I walked passed Super A the heavens opened and I decided to have a drink there.(This was 1am and they close at 2am) Beer was Bht 150 and boy drinks Bht100.  I decided to off a 21 yo (Bom) and as it was still raining heavily used their room upstairs Bht 200 for the room (a mattress on the floor but it wasnt as bad as I expected) and BHT400 for the off. Bom turned out to be a good bottom and had good oral skills.

On Wednesday I hit Soi Twilight - first going to Zeus Bar (Next to the bar mentioned above) No customers and not many boys. Drink was Bht 350, and I ddn't stay long.  X Size had a promotion with drinks only Bht 200 and off fee Bht 300. Lots of boys and customers. What they didnt say was that boy drinks were still Bht 350 which I found out when I paid.  The boys were not wearing numbers.  Offed a cute 20 yo old Issan Boys who was pretty good. 

We looked in at Classic Boys - mostly fem boys and not my type. Drinks were Bht 350.

Apart from X Size and some of the bars, drinks seem to be Bht350 across the board.

One final observation, I wa shocked to see that the fee for cashing travellers cheques had be increased from Bht30 to Bht150.  I have always found travellers cheques (which I get commission free) as good as taking cash to Thailand as the rates worked out the same - rather than the high level of ATM fees. Yet another way of ripping off tourists!!!

Guest anonone

Thanks for the report.  I never spend time in Bangkok anymore, so interesting to hear updates.

Sorry to hear about the traveler check fee.  I haven't used them for awhile as my source for commission-free travelers checks dried up, so back to ATM for me.  Thankfully, there are accounts in the USA which refund ALL ATM fees, so less of an issue now.

Great and detailed report, thank you. 

Bar you did not notice name is X-Boys unless they changed name just recently.

Good news is that erotic shows are returning, slowly but surely after post-coup hiatus.

Bad news is that drink fees went up about 50 baht from last year, unfortunately as usual other bars are following lead of Dreamboys, too bad they don't have the same boy' s quality it seems.

X-size trick with higher price for a boy's drink is old one but still pretty good deal.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the boy but this happens over and over again from time to time to all of us no matter how many questions we ask and assurances we'll get. Chalk it to experience and move on just as you did.

I start wondering if something is wrong with Cambodian boys, I had few disappointments with massage boys, massage was excellent  but performance after off none. I thought it was just coincidence  but started having my doubts after reading few reports here and there. Wonder what others have to say on the subject.  

Banking fees are going up faster  than bar drinks , good thing we still have cash existing.