zombie

Chinese Screaming females takeover of Toy Boy

BTW I don't post my trip reports here, as I feel they may be too graphic ( as was suggested on the other board) for members' tastes.

I don't think so, feel free to entertain us here as not everybody reads all forums.

I don't have a feeling Asians replaced us in soi Twilight but true , they make big chunk of clientele. Only bar i truly feel like visible minority was Jupiter. Whoever visits it's good as keeps bars running, I hope they discover soi 6 as soi Twilight could use some competition IMHO

You must be going on odd nights.  Last time I was in there, place was jammed and I was one of 3 White Men?

I hope to make detailed head count in couple of weeks and promise to post it here.

I don't pretend to be any expert on bars as I hunt massage boys but still make a point of visiting bar every night just for a fun

Guest Prakanong

I don't think the Sunee bars will die off, as there is another generation coming up behind us to replace us. There is no way I could enjoy sex with a young, hot handsome guy who is well-hung and has a body to die for in Australia. I could in Japan, but the cost for a good time is astronomical compared to what is available in the Sunee bars. The younger generation will also find that when they become older, and so will gravitate towards Thailand and other S.E. Asian countries.

I cannot confidently speak on behalf of an entire younger generation the way a447a has, but as I am in my 30s I guess I'm still part of that generation (relative to other members of this board) and I can speak for myself and my friends.  Most of us have not grown up in the closet and if we are not out to our families and colleagues, then are we are certainly out to other gay friends.  We may have had our wild fun and hook ups while we were in our 20s but most of us would have settled down in relationships by the time we're in our 30s.  Because we became fully-realized gay men early, our sexual maturity has correspondingly grown with our emotional maturity.  We are not constantly seeking young young young or trying to make up for lost time.  Going to a go-go bar is never a neccessity but could be part of a fun night out with friends.  It's entertainment, not an act of desperation.  If we visit other countries, looking for guys for sex is probably at the bottom of the itinerary, if at all.  There are a few of my contemporaries who can only have sex with hunky 20-year-olds with large dicks - they increasingly find themselves in a position where they have to pay for it - good luck to them and I hope their wallets get bigger as they get older.  They are in the minority though and the ones I know seem to have the same emotional age as the 20-year-olds they seek.  Who knows, maybe they expect to find some kind of arbitray truth in a 20-year-old ass. To each his own.

That is an interesting perspective and I bet largely true.  But can I ask assuming that is true, what has brought you to this Board.

Since most of the posters on this Board are as you say of an older generation and do chase 20 year olds. 

What is it here that you find interesting and I ask that in all Honesty because after this post I find it intriguing.

Guest Prakanong

That is an interesting perspective and I bet largely true.  But can I ask assuming that is true, what has brought you to this Board.

Since most of the posters on this Board are as you say of an older generation and do chase 20 year olds. 

What is it here that you find interesting and I ask that in all Honesty because after this post I find it intriguing.

Your comments and question seem to confirm the suspicion that there are some members here who treat the board as an exclusive "old boys club", with all puns intended on the "old".

But since you asked so nicely, here is my answer:

First, I don't think I need to provide any reason or justification for joining a board if the rules for membership do not require it.

Second, I joined the board for the posts, not the posters.  I was looking for a board that discusses gay Thailand issues in English without heavy-handed moderation.  Nothing serious - just to shoot the breeze on cultural stuff, gay stuff, travel in Thailand, etc.  I never  had the time before but now that my business has taken off, I think I can spare the time but I don't think I'll ever be a regular poster like some of you.  This board came up when I googled "gay Thailand" and I thought it wouldn't be a bad place to start.  Somebody PMed me and suggested I join the Sawatdee Network and I might do that later.  I also received another PM warning me about gaybutton.com and how the owner was a control freak blah blah blah.  I honestly haven't checked it out so I can't say.

Finally, what kind of guys you like, how old you are, how much you pay for it and all that doesn't bother me.  But if you make certain generalizations about Thai culture, youth, politics, sexual orientation, gender,  what Thai guys like, etc I might want to add my perspective on it.

That's all.

P.S.  The pics in the hot guys thread ain't too bad either. ;)

For me nothing could be further from the truth as far as treating it like an old boys club.  There have been quite a few new members here very recently and some of them have been voracious in their posts .

The fact is young new blood brings a different perspective and just like I found your description of how Gays who grew up not feel repressed  enlightening , I enjoy your posts.

In the USA the difference between generations is amazing . My best friend of 50 years has no idea that I am Gay and I am sure he would be shocked.  But the next generation of his son who I am Godfather to would probably say "so what" if I asked him.

But I do think that the GoGo bars and such may continue to last a lot longer then you think even with the generational changes.

After all there has been no change in hundred of years of Girlie Strip Bars where their customers certainly did not grow up feeling repressed. Interesting!

Guest Prakanong

But I do think that the GoGo bars and such may continue to last a lot longer then you think even with the generational changes.

After all there has been no change in hundred of years of Girlie Strip Bars where their customers certainly did not grow up feeling repressed. Interesting!

No?  If you read the straight boards you'll find similar complaints about the Asians taking over the bars, higher prices, crustier prostitutes etc.  They lament the good old days too.  Western-style girlie bars did start off to fill the needs of American servicemen on R&R but later evolved into a bastion for western men seeking refuge to what they perceived as oppression from the rising tide of western feminism.    .

I have no idea how long the go go bars will last but I'm inclined to agree with Fat Richard that their format might change.  Unimaginative Thai owners simply raise prices when there are fewer customers or they'd copy a new idea started by a neighboring bar until all the bars have the same concept making it stale very quickly.  Farangs usually run these bars as expensive hobbies, happy to be surrounded by boys all night until the go broke. Dreamboys knows its target market and seems to be doing very well.  Have the Chinese/other wealthy Asians started to own the bars in Soi Twilight?  If they haven't, they will and that's when you will start to see the change.  Clubs with macho dancing boys are certainly probable.  There'll be fewer boys but they'll be hunkier and taller appealing to both male and female Asian customers.  Something like the dancing clubs that are gaining popularity in  Shanghai.  Of course it's all speculation.

Guest Astrrro

On my recent trip to Phnom Penh I visited the Hatha Khmer massage place every night and had a fantastic time with number 27. In the hour or so I spent with him on each occasion, I topped him, he topped me, we 69'ed and finished with a mutual chuck wow, all for $20!!! Try doing that in Thailand for 700 baht.

This is the place on Street 368, right?

Would you please clarify if $20 was the tip for the boy or an all-in price including the cost of the massage.

I was under the impression that the cost of an oil massage was 10 USD per hour and the expected tip for sex was 20 USD.

Guest Astrrro

The massage cost $10, although once they tried to charge me $15!

15 bucks would be the cost of a 90 minute massage.

But I like the idea that if you go overtime it's just an extra 5 bucks which works out to 35 instead of 30 so if you're having a great time you don't have to rush.

It obviously wouldn't be cool if they tried to charge you extra for  61 minutes though.

Think cream massages are 12 dollars instead of 10. 

I wonder if cream has a less corrosive effect on condoms than oil?

Rather than charging for going 5 minutes over, the more common rip off is to charge for a 1 hour massage and stop 10~20 minutes early.

I've had one place try to stop a 90 minute massage at about 62 minutes.  They were really unhappy at having to deliver over 85 minutes.

The worst scam of all was in the Lavender Lanna hotel, where I booked a 1.5 hour massage.  I noticed the clock was not running and had been set 1.5 hours fast   After about 30 minutes, they pointed to the clock and said time was up.  That hotel is no more.

Short changing me for time rarely happens in massage places probably because I always make sure that boy knows I'm watching time, either  by placing watch back on my wrist after shower or pointing at the clock  on the wall and reminding we have 90 minutes / rarely I go for shorter run / .

If we  finish early , spare time will be used for some hugging , caressing etc.

Guest xiandarkthorne

I don't have any issue with women customers at a gay bar, screaming or otherwise, conga-ing on stage or joining the boys because I simeply ignore them BUT if they come in after me and then I am asked to move elsewhere to accommodate any group because they cannot "enjoy" themselves unless they are all lumped together like penguins, then I do take issue with that.

I would certainly complain about being told to move to make way but I wouldn't complain about the rest of the stuff.

I've been to Bali's gay bars at Seminyak can tell you that everyone there's having fun without anyone having to give up their seats for any reason.