Guest RUK69

Short Time Rooms in Boystown

Even though the hotel concerned is quite entitled to set a policy like that, it still sucks.

If they did that to me, I would write a trip advisor review explaining what happened.

e.g.

"Charges 1000 baht extra when bringing friends back to my room, even though I have already paid for 2 people to use the room. Outrageous"

or

"My visitor arrived and the hotel said the visitor was not allowed inside the room, even though I had paid for a double room.  They eventually relented, but said this was for 1 night only. I checked out next day".   (no need to mention the sex of the visitor, that's irrelevant)

Thankfully many places are much more reasonable. I've had gay friends staying in at least 2 different hotels that are run by the owners of the straight gogo bars downstairs.  In both cases, they were very accommodating.

Saying "cannot" when you actually "can" is a white lie that the one at the receiving end usually just has to swallow. Perfectly normal in Thailand, who is going to challenge you by questioning why you "cannot"? Not many!

Cannot saves face.

Face irrelevant to most farangs but saving face important to most Thais.

Yes, practical implementations of this face thing are quite tricky sometimes... I've asked because had got some "cannots" from one of my friends and of course I immediately wanted to know the obstacles, so I could help to fix them. Now I understand, it was polite "no". Should remember it for the future.

Thankfully many places are much more reasonable. I've had gay friends staying in at least 2 different hotels that are run by the owners of the straight gogo bars downstairs.  In both cases, they were very accommodating.

I was staying in Pavillion Place in Patpong, above Screwboys but otherwise 100 % straight place and had no problems with visiting boys neither with staff with other guests. 

But I guess some owners or employees are trying to be sanctimonious. Better give them a miss and stay in places tested already for friendliness toward our boys and us.