biguyby

Dongtan Beach Boy

The photo was taken at section 15 just near the first toilet block.

I agree the white speedos look great there have only been a handful of boys hanging around on the beach that I have seen this trip.

The boy in this photo has been around a long time and usually wears a brown leather cowboy hat and sometimes a nice sexy thong.

That was the only snapshot I managed to get of him.

The boy in this photo has been around a long time and usually wears a brown leather cowboy hat and sometimes a nice sexy thong.

Ok, now I know who you're talking about.  The last time I was there, about a month ago, I spoke with him.  I asked his age.  He told me he's 18.  I didn't believe him and pressured him to be honest about it.  He finally admitted, unfortunately, he's only 16.

I was at the beach quite often during my last trip sitting in the second concession from the toilet and yes I remember him in the cowboy hat on one occasion. I think he was sat in the adjoining concession with a couple of farangs but i cant recall what he was wearing. If i had seen the white speedos or even better a thong my dick would have responded !.

I suppose concession owners have no control over the ages of boys there.

The only boys i sat with on the beach were those i had contacted on GR and invited to join me with a view to accompanying me back to my hotel. Of course they did not turn up with skimpy beach wear.

In the past i did buy speedos for a boyfriend du jour, for him to wear with me at the beach or round the pool at the Samsuck.

I suppose concession owners have no control over the ages of boys there.

If I remember correctly, he has an older brother working at that concession.  Maybe they're all one big happy family . . .

It's sad, really.  A grand total of one boy on the entire gay beach drawing much attention, and he's 16.  A far cry from only a few years ago when there were so many available and willing boys at the beach it was hard to decide which one you wanted.

If I were a concessionaire at the gay beach, during these hard times I would probably hire some boys just to be there to attract farang and maybe even do the same thing the bars do - charge a nominal off fee and pay the boy a commission when a farang buys a drink or something else for him from the concession.  After all, if you want gay customers, you better think like a gay businessman . . .

Guest abang1961

My visit in early August was the same.

I was probably one of the few Asian faces there.

With fewer farangs visiting Thailand during this period, how are the boys surviving?

I snatched one good-looking farang ...even I was competition to the few of them there...

The boy in the photograph is well worn and at least 30 years old. I have seen him working around the Beach Road in Pattaya and also on Dongtan Beach fot a few years now.  When you get close up to him there is no mistaking his age.

I have seen a younger slim boy in a cowboy type hat on the beach but I had no idea he was a 16 year old.

With fewer farangs visiting Thailand during this period, how are the boys surviving?

Many do manage to survive somehow.  Many others have given up and returned home or found other jobs, whether in Pattaya or elsewhere.  Some continue on in Pattaya because to them the current hard times is still better than returning to the rice farm.

Many boys who had been familiar figures have completely disappeared from the scene.  Quite a few have even given up on Gay Romeo.  Some who used to be on Gay Romeo every day have disappeared and their profiles have expired. 

It's not as gloomy as my post is probably making seem, though. Not at all.  There are still hundreds and hundreds of readily available boys in Pattaya, but they just don't go "farang hunting" at the beach anymore.  We've debated before about why.  There are still a lot of farang on the beach, but the boys rarely go anymore.  

I wish I had the answers, but I have only guesses.  Maybe the police ran them off, although I doubt that.  The police can't even seem to control the lady-boy prostitutes on Pattaya Beach Road.  Many are convinced sites such as Gay Romeo is where the boys do their "farang hunting" now instead of going to beach.  I would have thought there would be at least some that do both, but they don't.  Maybe some will give the beach another try once high season kicks in.  We'll see.

If the current trend continues, the days of going to the beach and having loads of boys readily available are over. It seems to have gone extinct.  Unless something changes, now it's only history. 

It's not as gloomy as my post is probably making seem, though. Not at all.  There are still hundreds and hundreds of readily available boys in Pattaya, but they just don't go "farang hunting" at the beach anymore.  We've debated before about why.  There are still a lot of farang on the beach, but the boys rarely go anymore.  

may be there were too many lookers and not enough takers and boys did not see business there ?

The boy in the photograph is well worn and at least 30 years old. I have seen him working around the Beach Road in Pattaya and also on Dongtan Beach fot a few years now.  When you get close up to him there is no mistaking his age.

I'd like to be well worn and still have a body like that.

I gave up guessing Thais age long time ago as IMHO they look much younger that they are.

BBB INN just placed picture on one of their boys with age stating 39, I'm still in disbelief as I met him twice last year in another place and wouldn't grade him higher than 28 

may be there were too many lookers and not enough takers and boys did not see business there ?

As good a guess as any.  Whatever the reasons are, the fact is they're just not at the beach anymore and, unfortunately, I know of nothing to indicate a change in the future.  I would love to be wrong about that.

Guest LoveThailand

Will be sad to see the gay beach scene completely disappear.

Last year in Oct there were very few boys there - mostly accompanying farangs - come together - leave together.

Those who were on the hunt - very very few.

Farangs mainly very well advanced in years who seemed to know EVRYONE - so either regular visitors or local ex-pats.

For the scene to have some life in it a changing dynamic element is required.

That was supplied by a (not so) numerous groups of flaming Russian gays who were interested in getting drunk and socializing inside their groups. I noticed a few snide remarks about the Thai boys. Also a few Russian mommies with kids - apparently not quite aware where they ventured.

So...

I love the gay beach ambiance - the eye candy, the joking and teasing with the Thais, and perhaps a nice conversation with another farang. While manners are to be respected, a gay beach gives more frredom both for visitors and the boys.

can we ignore people on this forum, is there 'button' you can press like the other forum has? i almost stopped reading one of the boards as the owners thinks he knows everything or just like i see here, if he dont he makes it up with regards to boys he thinks he knows & there ages!

i gave up sitting at blue chairs as the older thai man doesnt like gays! when the gay ice cream ka seller turned up in skimpy underwear one day he told him to get lost & leave his section, also when there were cute waiters here a few yrs back & i tried getting friendly with them he would gives us all dagger looks spoiling the moment & fun & the waiters were on edge also as they would keep looking at him to see if he was going to spot them trying to have a laugh with falang, also whenever i used to get a massage & have a little play the old short thai guy who wears a baseball cap (yes the same one) would sit right behind me making sure the massuer was kept in check!! so i wont ever go back its s shame as his wife? is rather a nice lady & apple the waiter here is fun! was fun.... :(

one of the waiter called wit went next door to work, i wonder why that was,,,,,,,? 

i almost stopped reading one of the boards as the owners thinks he knows everything or just like i see here, if he dont he makes it up with regards to boys he thinks he knows & there ages!

Who on earth can you mean??

Surely not one who infests  boards other than his own-- in the manner that he owns them as well!

Do tell.

At least here he cannot delete or alter poster's messages ---- or can he?

Seems rather chicken-shit to me for anybody to use this board to bitch about what's happening on another board.  If one doesn't have the balls to complain at the site they don't like, please at least have the decency not to come running over here to tattle and tell us about it.

Or, alternatively, have the balls to start your own thread about it (which I hope a moderator deletes).  Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this thread titled "Dongtan Beach Boy?"

Seems rather chicken-shit to me for anybody to use this board to bitch about what's happening on another board.  If one doesn't have the balls to complain at the site they don't like, please at least have the decency not to come running over here to tattle and tell us about it.

Or, alternatively, have the balls to start your own thread about it (which I hope a moderator deletes).  Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this thread titled "Dongtan Beach Boy?"

You can even start a bitch board

lAs he sometime does, Bob has an opinion that is way off base.  I don't think he understands the comment by the writer he is complaining about.

I agree completely Bob. 

Also, some of the bitching earlier in this thread would be best edited out.  It's off topic, pointless and belongs on a bitch board, not here.

I don't think he understands the comment by the writer he is complaining about.

As Z indicated, probably best to edit out all comments (including mine) that don't relate to the original thread.  But, I'd note, I wasn't born yesterday and clearly understood the comments of two writers (not just one) who were attempting to take a poke at another board and, in fact, the board owner who happened to join the thread.