Guest M4045

Optician in Pattaya

Hello,

i´m reading this forum a long time already, but was only reading so far. But now I got a problem, where someone perhaps can help here. I´m in Pattaya right now and it happened that i broke my glasses today. So I am in need to find a good optician here, who can repair it or where I can get a new frame. The glasses are not broken, but the frame. 

I hope someone knows a good shop for that and can tell me here.

Thanks, I will try one of these tomorrow and hope it can be fixed soon. Because now I even can´t go to a gogo-bar, because I won´t see enough to decide if I like one of the boys there.

The shop you should go to is on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road)  on other side of the street from Friendship Market.

I don't have exact location, but if you walk  along Pattaya Tai beginning at TukCom in direction of 3rd Road you will pass it. Not to far from Friendship Market

There will be a sign Glasses/Frames Repaired or something to that effect. Easy to miss even though I have gone there several times.

The owner is good at repairs, reasonable prices, quick and has frames.

I and and a friend have both gone there and were very satisfied. The friend had a damaged frame but his lenses were ok and the owner was able to take care of the problem.

This is your best bet.

Thanks, I will try one of these tomorrow and hope it can be fixed soon. Because now I even can´t go to a gogo-bar, because I won´t see enough to decide if I like one of the boys there.

You can always invite any boy to sit with you for a while and see if you like him from close distance including possibly some very gentle and discreet manual inspection

The shop you should go to is on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road)  on other side of the street from Friendship Market.

I don't have exact location, but if you walk  along Pattaya Tai beginning at TukCom in direction of 3rd Road you will pass it. Not to far from Friendship Market

There will be a sign Glasses/Frames Repaired or something to that effect. Easy to miss even though I have gone there several times.

The owner is good at repairs, reasonable prices, quick and has frames.

I and and a friend have both gone there and were very satisfied. The friend had a damaged frame but his lenses were ok and the owner was able to take care of the problem.

This is your best bet.

Thanks. That was very helpful. I found the shop easily its right opposite Friendship Market.  As i expected the frame could not be repaired, but I got a new one there they could fit in my lenses. It was done in less then 1 hour and the price was really reasonable.

Thanks. That was very helpful. I found the shop easily its right opposite Friendship Market.  As i expected the frame could not be repaired, but I got a new one there they could fit in my lenses. It was done in less then 1 hour and the price was really reasonable.

Thanks for the tip. Would you share what you thought was the "really reasonable" price? The chain stores I'd checked on in the past - thinking I'd get an inexpensive spare pair - weren't much cheaper than here at home, even without those fool designer frames.

Starts from 800 baht: simple frame, lenses, testing. Finally paid 950 baht: +150 for "special" computer coating lenses :)

No way in Moscow you can get "special coating" for 150 baht only! All "specials" are more expensive. Although "frame + lenses" starts from about 800 bahts too... 

post-14053-0-83158200-1410074930_thumb.jpg

post-14053-0-63869800-1410074686_thumb.jpg

post-14053-0-25892000-1410074702_thumb.jpg

(Could not put a PNG.photo in portrait format - the board engine makes it in landscape format. Any advice?)