Guest bkktourist

Babylon TOO DARK

Guest bkktourist

So what is up with the pitch black steam room and maze being so black??

Don't you want to see who you are playing with and to at least see some personal space around you?

Not appealing.

Men with ugly skin rashes, open sores, toothless and uglier than trolls dwell in dark rooms and have found a haven

there. They don't seem to care if the cocks they gobble up are on teens or octogenarians. The only test is to feel the heads

and bald can get rejected but a full wig accepted. Ancient queens know this and how to deceive.

Good idea to have a code so you don't go down on your friends and lose your lunch.

It's the only place where looks, age and hotness are not factors.

Lots of fun to be found in the light at Babylon.

Guest bkktourist

Are there areas in Babylon that aren't black-out rooms? I didn't know where to find them if they existed. I was mostly disgusted by the animal type grabbing in those black rooms. 

Sure, there are also areas at Babylon that aren't darkrooms, so you can actually see who you are dealing with. For example the pool and bar areas and the cruisy locker rooms. The same applies to other saunas in Bangkok, I'd even say many of Babylon's dark areas are less dark than those in other saunas.

williewillie has made a good point, I think. Just yesterday I met three hot twinks in a dark whirlpool (not at Babylon, but doesn't matter). When I later saw them again at the well-lit bar, that impression changed from 'three hot twinks' to 'one hot twink and two average ones' (bad skin, faces not as cute as I had dreamed up in the dark). Luckily, what they thought about me when we rejoined at the bar will forever remain their secret. ;)

I have been lamenting darkness in saunas for a long time, glad to hear I am not alone. Babylon fares quite well in this aspect, I should go more often because it's the best lit place. Elsewhere it's so dark, you can't see if it's a man or a woman, Asian or White, old or young.

But darkrooms is where the action takes place. On a recent sauna visit (Muffil Ladprao 113), half of the customers were in the darkroom, I got groped many times. The other half were walking around elsewhere in the sauna, paying no attention to each other.

I say: a darkroom is a place where you can have sex with someone you wouldn't want to have sex with in light. Count me out.

There is one place that has little artificial light, but enough natural light, as long as sun is shining. I have to schedule my visits to take place from 5 to 7 pm, before it get's dark.

I tend to agree & dislike saunas so dark it's impossible to see people, for reasons as given above.  Also any good sauna will have some handsome guys walking around, so why not have lighting so you can admire them?

For similar reasons, I prefer gogo bars to be well lit, preferably very well lit. 

Guest bkktourist

To be honest, not that saunas don't already exhibit an animalistic perspective of gays, but the behavior when blacked out is pretty gross. People stepping over each other groping randomly and lord knows who would ever know if someone was actually protected or not.

Not for me.

Guest abang1961

That is the reason why I am at the pool (for the entire afternoon) during my last visit.

Just me in my "decent" trunks ... I ain't twink (so far from it) but at least to be fair to others,

let them see me (and I see them) in bright daylight.

Besides the steam room, the maze adjacent to the lockers are fairly dark too!

But at the very least, I was able to see the outline of the guys there.

The other area (opened after 5 pm) is much brighter (better to cruise for the right guy)

Samsuk in Pattaya has got it right with their darkrooms and maze. Some areas are semi dark and others virtually pitch black.

In the former I look for guys I find attractive let them see me and then follow them into the dark where i make my advances. I usually wear i very brief speedos where i place my condom and lube in a small pocket. These display my dick to its full advantage.

Samsuk in Pattaya has got it right with their darkrooms and maze. Some areas are semi dark and others virtually pitch black.

I agree, although walking through the dark maze can be slightly hazardous.  I had a light clash of skulls on the last visit.

I'm much less keen on the female changing room attendant.   That's a place where the lighting is good AND clients shouldn't feel any obligation to preserve modesty.

The female is usually at the reception desk dealing with admissions although she does appear in the other areas even the darkened higher floors. I suppose there is a need to police behaviour there. Some guys stand on the cubicle beds to watch activity in the adjoining ones, despite notices banning this. I don't mind this - i suppose I'm an exhibitionist. There are also notices banning money payments, but again this does not seem to be enforced. A few younger money boys are welcomed by the mainly older farang costomers.

Last time I was in Sansuk, they had one of the females cleaning the changing rooms.  That immediately means people feel more restricted when changing. 

A male sauna should have male staff.

Some guys stand on the cubicle beds to watch activity in the adjoining ones, despite notices banning this. I don't mind this - i suppose I'm an exhibitionist.

Yes that activity is a pain in the ass and not for any shy reasons as like your self I couldn't care less but I find it DOES impact on quality of sex you can have as the Asian guys are in my experience terrified of someone watching them and several times right in the middle of a damn good fuck session with me they've stopping dead to look up to the top of the walls to ensure that they're not being watched (or filmed on phones) which is off putting to say the least.

They should / could perhaps have an area where people who don't care about being watched can go and so that those who want to watch can go and all get off thus leaving all the rest of their patrons who do quite rightly expect and deserve SOME sort of privacy when in a cubicle get it - and now I'm at it what about putting a bloody lock of some sort on the doors to avoid all that effort of having to pull the bed across to jam the door shut, which as they've heavy beds could nearly put one's back out if you're over 40 or so, in mean what is THAT all about ? 

Yes, they like to spy on others but don't want be watched by others. And then there are those who have sex in group room, but don't want others to touch them (maybe they just don't want ME to touch them, but it's too dark to see who is touching; and while I can feel skin temperature and body fat and underwear and match it to a boy I have seen before in light, the boy I touch cannot match the hand with other customers).

But the darker the merrier, in utter darkness everyone is fooling around with everyone, but I find it totally un-erotic.

to look up to the top of the walls to ensure that they're not being watched (or filmed on phones)

In Men Factory (Silom Soi 2/1) they put barbed wire (!!!) on top of the walls to prevent this, beside low numbers of customers a reason for me not to go there again.