firecat69

Recent Tourist Arrivals

Interesting.  

The percentage of Pattaya rooms booked upon Agoda, Booking.com and Asia Rooms for the Christmas/New Year period looks quite high, possibly higher than when I checked the same about a year ago.

However the percentage booked up on Booking.com looks very suspicious, almost like they want to scare people into booking on their first visit.

Perhaps the people who book up that far ahead are not put off by routine changes of government (which is what it is in Thailand).

Or perhaps my quick impressions are inaccurate....?

Guest abang1961

Just a short piece of news reported from Singapore's Channel NewsAsia.

Pattaya is pushing to become a family destination with its new Ramayana Water Park..

They even wanted the WAlking Street to be "Safe for the children"... what a joke with the scantily-dressed dancers pouncing around the pole in the background..

What do you think... stay sleazy or clean-up Pattaya?

I also wouldn't single out Thais in that regard. As for the current developments in Thailand, I think it's impossible to eradicate prostitution altogether, but I could imagine that it will be much less in your face in the future. So as far as explicit shows are concerned, things don't look that promising. Therefor, my guess would be that massage places and freelancers found online will steer even more business away from the bars in the future.

Guest abang1961

Yes of course, prostitution is difficult to eliminate (especially so in lesser-developed regions).

With the advent of mobile apps, the sex workers do not have to ply along the streets anymore.

They can now get clients easily and as they say:

You can get the girl out of the trade but you can't get the trade out of the girl...

Honestly, what is Thailand with the sleaze?

Will we still bother to visit?...I have good authentic Thai restaurants here in Singapore.