biguyby

African Guys at Dongtan Beach

Hi there, I'm new to the board but not new to Pattaya having first visited in 1993 and then made at least two trips a years since then.

On my last trip to Pattaya mid February to mid April this year when I was walking down to my usual spot on Dongtan Beach near to the Rabbit Resort I was accosted by two young early twenties African twinks wearing tight stretchy boxer shorts.

They were very friendly in a scary sort of way (scary to me as I'm 65 years old) they said they were on holiday from Madagascar and asked if I would be interested in meeting up and having some fun that evening I asked if they were gay and they said "yes of course" I was a little taken aback when one of the guys said you can sleep with me for 3000 baht.  I politley declined their offer and didn't see them again the rest of my trip.

Then a few days before the end of my trip in April (I left Thailand just before the madness of Songkran) I was approached by another African guy this time he was in his late thirties and quite a well built hunk he told me he was from Liberia and was in trouble because his visa had expired and he was trying to get some money to get out of the country and I was once again asked if I wanted to meet up for some sexy fun and assuring me I would enjoy the experience as he had an enormous cock.

I must admit to being quite amused but also a little shocked and frightened by these two events I was wondering if this was some sort of scam to rob gay tourists or whether they were genuine gay guys just who just wanted to make a bit of extra holiday money.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience in Jomtien or Pattaya?

Thanks for any input on this one.

Guest casteran

Yes, this happened to my friend and I in March, same scenario. Seemed too easy to hook up...I would say a scam to get more money from you or rob you. My friend asked to see the guys package in a discreet way, he walked away, that was a sign of no good.

The Africans mentioned I bet here on a holiday like many tourists and I see them occasionally also. There is one African who is a regular and I suspect here illegally, and is definitely looking for "friends". I saw him on one of the gay social networking sites but quite frankly is older, heavier and not easy on the eyes. He hangs around by VT5 and the Sea Falcon.

I chatted with an African guy, who was then staying in Pattaya, on GayRomeo a couple of months ago. He also said he's from Madagascar. My impression was that he was neither a tourist nor a scammer, but someone who wants to make a living just as the Thai moneyboys - and those from neighboring countries - do.

Given Pattaya reputation as sex tourist magnet it's not surprising that some enterprising foreigners are trying to wrestle chunk of trade  from locals,  busty Russian  girls seem to be there so why not some bulgy Africans?.

As always all street  / beach / encounters are AYOR so take usual precautions.

Me,  as strong believer in principle of supporting local industry when in Thailand I drink only  Thai beer and hire only  Thai boys

/ occasionally while entertained already boys turns to be  Cambodian but at least I tried /

One of my colleagues hired the cute one & had no problems.

Personally, I'll stick to the Asian guys & I don't mind if they're from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia etc.

UP2U I have seen the older "Bear" type African guy sitting at the Sea Falcon having a drink and sometimes I saw him sitting on the wall at VT5 but he has never spoken to me (Perhaps he isn't interested in tired old queens like me) lol

Thanks for all the replies and info. I suppose I shoudn't have been surprised at the entrepreneurial exploits of these guys who were maybe just trying to make a bit of gay for pay money. I just hadn't come across it before.

Edit: I too prefer the local talent -_-

Thank you for bringing this up, I had a similar thread in mind when I first met the two Madagascan boys in Bangkok in June, but didn't get around to write it up. Good English and nice conversation, indicated mutual sexual interest (with the taller one), but I strongly suspected they are looking for money, so I didn't pursue it.

Last year, there was a boy from Botswana who claimed to be a student (but too often in Soi 4 and DJ station for being a student). Again indicated mutual sexual interest, met for dinner, but didn't get into bed.

(I shared the story before: after ordering food, he told me forget his wallet and asked if I could pay for him, which I did. Despite him having no money, we then continued to another place - Le Fenix Sukhumvit - to meet with friends of him, where he ordered a bucket of alcoholic drink and got drunk in the course of the evening. As his friends were leaving, I made an exit as well as to not be the last person, so his problems - drunk, no money - do not become my problems. Our paths crossed a few times afterwards, but we didn't get involved sexually.)

I like dark skin, and skinny/slim/athletic African boys without body hair are on my wishlist, but didn't have a chance yet.