TotallyOz

Yingluck Travels with 15 Bags

The Bangkok Post today said that the speculation is that Yingluck will not return to Thailand as she and her son left Thailand for France and that they had 15 bags with them. My first thought was, "wow, how can they travel so light." But, it will be interesting to see if she returns to face those trumped up charges where those that made them are the judge, jury and executioner. :)

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-from-news/422323/yingluck-trip-hugs-in-paris-speculation-in-thailand

It seems unclear if these 15 bags (assuming that this number makes any sense at all) belong to ( a ) only Khun Yingluck herself, ( b ) herself and her son or ( c ) their entire entourage of reportedly about 10 people.

But I also think it's not very relevant, she probably doesn't have the habit to travel light anyway and - if she should choose not to return to Thailand anytime soon - she could have some of her stuff sent or brought over by others later. In any case, I'm sure her big brother has a few spare credit cards she could borrow, if need be. She'll be fine.

Guest abang1961

If she does not return to Thailand after this trip. the credibility of the Shins goes down the drain forever.

There will not be any chance of "resurrection"...

Although I am not a Buddhist, I believe in karma and do good to others ...

She should return after her trip as she may have another shot for that coveted PM job again...

Let me see here: If I were in Paris, a billionaire (or millionaire) and was ousted from power by a coup and charged with crimes by those who are in charge and the trial would be by those that want me in jail, I don't think I would return. Paris must be sounding good to her. She should stay IMHO. But, I hope she returns and fights.

my bet will be she returns as long as she thinks about returning to  power , martyrdom sells very well with electorates , any trial will give her possibly better tube than press interviews   from remote Paris

To me, Yingluck and Suu Kyi are not cut from the same mold.

To me, Yingluck and Suu Kyi are not cut from the same mold.

correct, this would be comparing apples to bananas. Suu Kyi rised to occasion and did not give up. Yingluck seems more feather in the wind but like quite a few Asian ladies she may rise to occasion as well.

Benzir Bhutto, Indira and Sonia Gandhi, Sirivamo Bandaranaike, Corazon Aquino, even two happles begums in Bangladesh they all were proxies for their fathers/ husbands  and at one point picked up where they left. Yes,  with mixed results  but this can be said about any politician past and present.

Guest abang1961

I am just about to pack for the impending trip next week and the first thing I've noticed with the luggage (dis) allowance on all the 3 flights... 

All budget airlines have this stipulation - 7kg + 3kg for a laptop bag..

Not much actually.. but since laundry is so cheap in Thailand..I will and can survive..

Anyway, most days I am (like what I am clothed in this tiny self-pic), just a singlet and a pair of shorts..

Shoes... a pair of comfortable walkabout shoes and a pair of flip-flops...

Underwear ..who need them? ... just buy the cheap cotton ones in Thailand and dispose them all when leaving..

Yingluck... that woman needs to look good lah... cannot show the opposition any distress...

Guest abang1961

Her return shows her finesse. .

How ironic that she flew in from Singapore in a private jet..

Wonder how much she did to boost my domestic economy?

Anyway, go gal, you are admirable...go fighting....