Mysteryman

Gay-unfriendly bar in Pattaya

From my recollectio the sign used to say

"White guys with young boys are not welcome in this bar"

Merely racist, sexist and homophobic then.

Merely racist, sexist and homophobic then.

Taking it word for word you are correct but at times I have an impression that those labels are loosing their strength from being overused.

Once during party I commented unfavorably on quality of Jerusalem's tap  water and for that  I was called anti-Semite by one of guests.  No, neither of us were drunk.

So I guess we need to reserve using  big words for suitable occasion to avoid  an inflation IMHO

I stirred up some dust with my posting concerning the sign at Shamrock. This happened many years ago and I was

reminded by this threads topic. It could have been as many as ten years ago, so way past time to get ones knickers in

a twist. Potato famines, Irish stew and political correctness aside, one would have to be deep in his cups to venture

into the many straight beer bars on the Pattayaland sois, but if you do,try Lewinskis named for a USA scandal participant for a 'smoking' good time. 555

He he I'm (almost but not quite) ashamed to say that it appears that you guys know my M.O better than I do as I have to confess that as suggested by a few members I WAS indeed waylaid by the lure of Boystown - on two different nights in fact lol.

But I WILL make a POINT of going on my Recee, but may have to reschedule the time of my undercover agent reporting for somewhere more in the middle of the afternoon when boystown isn't in full swing - which based on the week I've had so far will be a problem in it's self as I don't believe myself and any boy wonder who's been kind enough to share my bed have been out of it before 5pm any day this week hardly !

And before I get castigated as being a lazy sod ( which I don't deny anyway of course) I would merely add in my defence your Honour that I haven't been getting home until 6 or 7am any morning and them only usually to carry on "manoeuvres" thereafter with perhaps a few hours of broken kip ( as the air con is CRAP in my room and is driving me nuts) after that, only to wake up around 2 or 3pm and perhaps pick up from one left off earlier - and when I them add in the one ( or two) seperate short time encounters I may have have had the evening before heading out on the night before I believe my sleep ( if you could call it that) is more than overdue and earned ( and NEEDED) by that stage.

So yes, Operation Shamrock is still in full swing and assuming no cute guy says anything remotely vocal to me such as "hey sexy man where you go"or "I lie you" or "show it start now" I should just about be able to manage my task I feel - and especially for Christian I MAY even report of the size, shape, price and meat content of the Shamrocks sausage rolls too if I have time and don't get distracted again !!! :-)

So, never let it be said that N.Irish guy wasn't prepared to risk life and limb for this boards readership - so Operation Shamrock is now complete AND took place at night time when Boystown was in full swing ( all / any medals or perhaps board pensions for life can be forwarded to me without further delay C/O most / just about all go go boys in Pattaya, as it's looking like they'll all see me at SOME stage on this trip !

So, for the sake of clarity I can confirm that there is ( no longer) any sign relating to "the gays" or anything of the like - now that's not to say there never was as I'm fairly sure I did see the old sign myself - but for now there isn't any and proof should it be needed that I competed this highly dangerous mission ( as I could have been lured into any number of go go bars at any time !) I have pasted a pic of the "sign wall" ( hopefully) in this post.

So, if thats the owners view it appears he's now choosing to keep that view to himself - or perhaps their reputation negated the need for the continuation of the sign in the first place - who knows?

Ok, so I'm off to scrap the Cam Creme off my face and ditch the webing and twigs that are sticking out of my hair and will now give myself over to a night full of gay abandon in several of BTs best / worst go go bars I think to reward myself for action over and above the call of duty in the face of the (possible) enemy :-)

Oh and Christian, you'll be disappointed to hear there were no sausage rolls available on which I could report on but you'll see on the attached pic that I was sure to capture the full menu complete with PRICES all listed beside EACH item so hopefully that will suffice and keep you moist for the next few weeks ahead. Lol.

post-13508-0-79138600-1404493146_thumb.jpg

I like  breakfast notice ' served according to the mood of the cook '.

As you mentioned BT best/worst bars I wouldn't mind if you find time and grade them according to you preferences here, no rush though but in case you feel overboyd or something.  

I was sure to capture the full menu complete with PRICES all listed beside EACH item so hopefully that will suffice and keep you moist for the next few weeks ahead. Lol.

No latkas? which the Irish wrongly call poundys

@ vinapu - you ARE joking aren't you, hell it took me four days to manage to get my arise in gear enough to take ONE photo, for me to list and rate all the bars I visit would mean I'd actually have to give some thought to the matter and that to me sounds like "work" - which should of course be avoided at all costs !!

My type of bar hoping is much more of the have a wee walk and have a beer in each and any bar I drop into, have a few guys join me if I feel like it and take one or two on out with me if the mood so takes me - anything more than that would require "effort" and I'd be scared I'd turn into one of those odd people that the Thais talk about who walk in and out of bars, with note books and a pencil in hand, scribbling furiously as to what style colour and material length the boys under garments are and other "important" details like that for entry into the go Go boy bar database at a later date, so sorry no, as that would just be "strange" in my thinking so I think I'll just stick with my disorganised popping in and out of places and leave our other seasoned members to do the note taking and reporting :-)

Although if it's any help I CAN tell you that I was in Wild West boys last night at around 12 midnight and there were two customers and around 15 boys, they totally screwed me over for 300 baht for a "vodka and red bull" and the only vodka my glass saw was in passing the vodka bottle on the way to my table perhaps, plus it was also a small glass for the red bill they used too and full of ice so I got only about a quarter bottle of red bull anyway ! Plus there was no show on at this point and for once even I said ( into myself) - well fuck that, you'll not get that out of me twice - and they didn't and I left shortly after.

So I took off one of the boys I knew of old and after our going out drinking and playing pool in a lady boy bar until 4.30am or so we went home and had GREAT sex until 2pm today (1500 baht Christian in case you're wondering) and I am now at the beach recovering and recharging my batteries for whatever / whoever destiny throws my way tonight again ( that is if I don't stop off at sansuk Sauna on the way back to my room first perhaps :-).

Oh and I DO love low season here WAY more than high, peace and quiet on the beach and everyone so much more chilled - lovely !

Ps @ Khortose - I'm afraid poundies ? must be a Southern Irish thing perhaps as they don't ring a bell with me.

Pps - re bells - note to self - do NOT be ringing the bell in a last boy bar at 3.30am

thunking "ack sure there's only three girls behind the bar" as aside from the "look customer has bought a bar round" I've realised that it's also an unsubtle sign for every lady boy, cleaner, cook, bottle washer and any Thai just generally passing to "appear" and "oh yes they staff here long time" - long time I think referring to the 7 years ago perhaps when they last worked there ! 1400 baht later - and as if that hasn't bad enough I rang the bloody thing TWICE LOL - but hey it was ok as I got a "free" shot of some I drinkable cheap crap as I had a "good heart" so all was well in the end lol.

post-13508-0-58053600-1404554255_thumb.jpg

"So I took off one of the boys I knew of old and after our going out drinking and playing pool in a lady boy bar until 4.30am or so we went home and had GREAT sex until 2pm today"

-Wow. 9 and a half hours of great sex. Who is superman ? And who has the sore rear end?!

@ vinapu - you ARE joking aren't you, 

I was not, but as long as you have good time and support Pattaya's boys economy I will not be pressing reporting and grading issue. Looks that you have great time and this is what is counts.

But with your vast experience it would be nice to know which are your favorite venues and why

Ps @ Khortose - I'm afraid poundies ? must be a Southern Irish thing perhaps as they don't ring a bell with me.

Wow, you are correct. Ireland is a small country but many different names for this. Too far off topic so sent you a PM.