Guest imkeev

Bangkok.. Here I Come.. 5 days to go..

Guest imkeev

Hi guys.. Any suggestions on what is the first thing that I should do when I reach Bangkok? FYI, this is my first time travelling to Bangkok.. Alone.. :) I was thinking of going for a gay massage or something kinky or some gay show.. Will be arriving on this coming Saturday afternoon though.. So kinda blur..

Oh.. Do you guys have any suggestions where should I go for my dinner and to kick-start my shopping spree? LOL.

Thanks guys. This forum is ze best. :))))

I started my first ever visit with a trip to Classic Boys, from where I offed one very cute guy. Looking at the photos, he's probably the most handsome guy I've ever offed.  I usually start trips at that bar. By the time I've checked in at the hotel & had a shower, it's not too long until the bars open.

However, if you're arriving earlier in the day, why not get a 90 minute oil massage in the afternoon?

Guest imkeev

Cool. I'm more into a lean muscular guy. Hopefully the Classic Boys do have that kind of guy. ;) Oil massage? Any suggestion where? I will be staying around Sathorn area. ;)

If you are getting into Bangkok in the afternoon and want immediate action, go to one of the massage places and have a bit of fun. Silom is a great area with tons of guys. But, don't forget that Hero is a short BTS or taxi ride away. Hero should have a lot of guys on a Saturday.

Have fun!

Park yourself in the hotel, if I recall your is on the corner of Sathorn and Rama. Unless is raining walk to Silom along Rama, this is short walk, not very interesting but cools you down. When you hit Silom / big intersection with overhead rail  /  do to other side , one with market stall and walk  to big intersection where overhead rail turn sharply left. You will be passing Patpong on your right. Watch massage boys sitting outside of numerous shops along the way

Return  using the same side of Silom , by that  time you will feel you somewhat familiar with the place.

When you hit one of Patpong sois / there are 2  /, on return they will be on your right, turn there and go to other end, you will hit Suriwong. Turn right and after few meters across the street you will see signs "HOT Male" and others with "boys " , this is soi Twilight, cross the street and immense yourself in the soi. On your right you will see BANGKOK MASSAGE with boys sitting outside, pick up one and treat yourself to a oil or cream  massage. If you don't have enough than you have 7 bars to choose  , go to one , have a drink , watch the show if will be any , pick up the boy , have a dinner with him in Maxi or Dick,s in the soi,  go to your hotel or short time rooms in BBB Inn or Suriwongse hotel  and welcome to Thailand !

On Sunday you take MRT  / underground / from Lumpini station , not far from your hotel but opposite direction than Silom to Chatuchak market. Shop there or not but this market is weekend only.

On your way back take BTS / elevated rail / from MO CHIT station to Nana station, find soi 11 on busier side of Sukhumvit street, walk or take moto taxi to HERO which is at end of soi 11. If you walk turn left at place where soi splits in two.

Treat yourself with boy behind the glass wall, if you have top/ bottom preferences don't be shy and talk to mamasan.

If you don't have enough take taxi to soi  Twilight but don't go there , cross the Suriwong and go to Jupiter it's behind Suriwongse Hotel or if you are into muscle take  that taxi to soi 6 instead and go to Tawan, as you enter soi fro Suriwong end it will be on your right.

After that you are on your own, for shopping you know where markets are and on your way to HERO you will see many department stores along the line. You know where go-go and massages are. As for food   you will see it everywhere for food stalls to restaurants so it when you are hungry or even better treat your  boys with dinners, you will have a company and them full stomach.

Any questions ask but I have feeling you will be expert in Bkk scene on your way from Hero already..

Have fun and please report your findings here and play safe.

I don't know about others but I'm jealous already

Guest imkeev

Thanks guys. Loved the advise. Kinda lost a bit though on the guide to go there. It's okay. Obviously, I'm not very familiar with the road there, yet. Soon. Hehe.

Ok. Let say Im going there using a taxi. What should I tell the driver? "Go to HERO?" Hehe. 

Guest imkeev

Can you guys help me using the google map? I can't find HERO there. Or it doesn't exist in the map. Trying to map it out from my hotel. ;)

find Sukhumvit soi 11, follow the map, roughly in the middle soi forks out into 2 alleys, right and left, Hero is at very end of left alley, just before the canal. It does not exist on the map, Hero keeps low profile, no ads , no website,  just boys behind the glass

taxi driver may or may not know HERO but definitely will know Sukhumvit soi 11 as Sukhumvit is one of main streets,. again tell him to use left fork when driving up the soi 

if your hotel is close to Lumpini MRT station and I believe it is, take MRT to Sukhumvit station and walk from there or for fun take moto taxi from mouth of soi 11, every driver will know HERO there and will even wink knowingly and if you are lucky may even allow you to sit very close to his butt while taking you there / 5 mins /

First stop should be Soi 4 to pick up copies of gay magazines / maps, those will answer questions of where to go and how to find these places.

As far as I know, "gay shows" in gogo bars are discontinues due to current political situation. But there is something much better, what I call "interactive fuck show" at Deja Vu Sauna (Ladprao Soi 122, a bit a way from Silom/Sathorn) every Thursday: their staff naked party. It's genuine (contrary to Soi Twilight, after seeing one or two you will notice the performers are bored because they do this every night and if you take a closer look, you will notice they wrap a piece of plastic around the base of their penis to stay hard - a total turn-off for me) and you can look from close and even participate. Details here:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/12/deja-vu-sauna-ladprao-122.html

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/12/dejavu-sauna-ladprao-122.html

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/12/dejavu-sauna-ladprao-122-3rd-visit.html

Guest imkeev

Nice one ChristianPFC. I would love to go there. So Thursday is the naked night? How much do I have to spend there? :) How to go around when Im there? Hehe.

Guest imkeev

Oh. There's one more thing. I need your advise on this one. How should I bring my wallet around if I'm going to places like Babylon or Deja Vu Sauna? Should I bring little money? Is there any safe locker for me to keep my wallet? Or I just bring it around?

Assuming your hotel is secure, when visiting a sauna, I tend to bring just enough money for that evening.

I expect your locker in Babylon will be secure. A Trip Advisor search might be a good idea & of course, always inspect the locker door for signs of forced entry. Suspect Babylon will be very secure, but perhaps a regular customer can comment?

I've never been robbed from a sauna.

Can't comment on saunas since it's not my scene but generally speaking hotel, either safe on reception or one in the room would be safer option than carrying your money with you.

As z909,  I tend  to take with me only what I reasonably expect to spend before returning to the room. Instead of carrying bulky wallet I  just keep money in the pockets,  a bit in each one, always have shirt with 2 pockets and trousers with at least 3 . This way even if somebody lifts something , it will be form one pocket likely.

Generally speaking Thailand is very safe country and chances of being robbed or having things stolen are small  but not unheard of, likely because of false sense of security . Your worst enemy is  crowded public transport and sidewalks on more popular streets with night market like Silom and Sukhumvit .

Use the same common sense like you would in unknown city in your home country. If you paying don't pull whole wad of notes  just to show off like some farangs do but only what you need.

The same with boys you will be bringing back to your room. 99% will not tough anything but there's always black sheep.

I believe firecat reported last year  things stolen by boy from GayRomeo and recently  was report from somebody else about boy at one of Silom discos being too frisky and close to pockets.

But don't be paranoid an any sense, you have much bigger chance of being shortchanged when giving a change than actually have things lifted - count your change.

Just my own example - in November I left something in the restaurant so left boy in my room  and went to  pick it up. I forgot that I left 7000 baht in open backpack on the table in the room, nothing was missing and really I thought about it only when we woke up in the morning.  

Guest imkeev

Love you guys. One more day to go~ Thanks for the advises.

Is it alright if Im carrying and use a 1000 baht when I shop around or should I change it into a smaller denomination? ;)

Love you guys. One more day to go~ Thanks for the advises.

Is it alright if Im carrying and use a 1000 baht when I shop around or should I change it into a smaller denomination? ;)

1000 baht note  is portable but  may be hard to break if you purchase something for 100-200.

What I do if need to break note I go to change counter at BTS and they are happy to break into whatever denominations you want.

It's also easier  in the bars if you have exact change, this way you lower  chance  they extract higher tip from you that  you  are going to give ( if you are tipping at all )

I've never been robbed in a sauna or massage spa, but did once lose my wallet climbing about on the Temple of the Dawn. I lost a small amount of cash and a credit card, but had a spare card back at the hotel. I always take two cards to Thailand for this reason.

At the sauna I take additional condoms and lube, to the ones supplied, as I've found I have more than one encounter in the cruising areas including abortive ones where penetration was refused after I had put on the condom. Carrying them when wandering about wearing just a towel is awkward. A small bag with a cord to attach to my wrist is a good idea.

Guest imkeev

Thanks guys.. You guys are awesome~ Will be asking you guys from time to time even though Im in Bangkok starting tomorrow.. :) 

Oh, do you guys have any ideas where and how to get to the BTS station if I'm staying at Sofitel So Hotel? I've tried to google mapped it but I just can't see any station nearby. I only can see it's near to this 4-junction road or something like that, then I'm lost. Hehe..

Guest Promsak

If that is the Sofitel on Sathorn Road, then you are within walking distance of the gay areas of Silom (Sois 4 and 2, and Surawong Soi Twighlight).

The subway is close but only one stop.

If you prefer a taxi it should cost you only about 35 to 41 Baht. You shouldn't get a taxi from your hiso hotel because the drivers try to quote an outrageous price without turning the meter on. Better get a taxi on the street. But the junta is clamping down on those rogue taxi drivers.

If you're not desperate for sex early evening I would recommend Silom Soi 4 from about 6 to 7pm.(Balcony Pub) There will be some expats there more than willing to give you advice. Also a nice relaxed way to have a  snack or full meal before the hectic activities of later.

If you are not at Sathorn Sofitel, the early remarks are irrelevant  :pardon:

Whatever, have a great time here. Let us know how you get on.

If you are arriving in the afternoon and feel the need to release all that built-up tension, don't forget the newly renovated Golden Cock. It caters for frisky farangs looking for sex in the afternoon. Opens at 1:00 from memory.

Walk down Suriwongse Street with Soi Twilight at your back, turn left down the soi just after the Tarntawan Hotel. Tawan muscle bar will be on your right as you walk down the soi. (Give the massage place opposite a miss). Turn right at the first corner where the Mango restaurant is, and Golden Cock is on your left.

Further down the soi, on your right is the infamous Natureboy. Great if you love total sleaze. Basically, anything goes.

when you leave hotel turn left,  you will see Lumpini park across the busy Rama road , keep walking along that road with park across the street on your right, when you see statue of the king you reached Silom, BTS Sala Daeng is right above you, all 5 minutes 47 seconds walk from hotel

For sauna, you just have to pay entry (I don't know of any form of prostitution going on in gay saunas in Thailand).

All saunas have lockers, and they seem to be safe.

Break the 1000 Baht notes down as soon as possible, best at 7/11 or restaurant or somewhere else with good light. It's important to have correct change to avoid being shortchange or having to wait because they don't have change.

Guest imkeev

Guyss.. Today is "THE DAY".. Currently waiting for my flight.. ;) So do you guys know where the fun thing to be at for tonight? Babylon? Hehe.. Should I go to Deja Vu today? Do they have anything special today? I want to hang out where gay people are.. ;)