TotallyOz

All Quiet on the Soi Twilight Front

I want to the bar area last night. First, the streets have never been as easy to get there. No traffic at all. The night market was dead. I did arrive very early for drinks with a friend. But, the place was very very quiet. I was there a bit over 2.5 hours and I was surprised at how quiet it actually was. I talked to a few boys and they all said, "very very bad in Thailand right now."

I guessed that as my hotel also said they had many cancellations in the past few weeks as the country seems on the brink.

I have not hit up Hero yet, but I am hoping the boys there are doing better off than the ones on Soi Twilight.

Guest wasanti37

yes true. normally many people come at this time of the year. some massage places have low traffic coz some boys dont want go coz very little customers visit. but arena still have many. we went last saturday and several farangs were on queue to be served.

I'm glad to hear that at least Arena is busy. This is sad observation Michael, I was there exactly at the same time of year to the day and soi was fairly  busy all few day I was in BKK.

If night market is dead it means not only sex tourists are staying away but conventional crowd as well. Too bad family affairs kept me from visiting in May  but hope for December, hell or high water .

It was also quiet when I was there in April -except for Boysbangkok; as usual it was absolutely packed with Chinese customers, although I only saw a couple of guys being offed. The beer bars were pretty empty.

Even if the majority of Chinese tourists decide to give Thailand a miss, there are still so many of them that they can still fill up a bar. I get the impression that Chinese gays are told back in China that Boysbangkok and Dreamboys are the 2 must-see bars in Bangkok, so they all flock there and give the other bars a miss.

Well lets hope the gay businesses can generate enough income to survive.

Of course, for anyone thinking of visiting now, I guess some good deals on hotel prices are available.  I certainly had a couple of e-mails from hotels recently.