TotallyOz

Yingluck out

Vinapu, I agree with much of what you have to say and do hope to see some new blood. However, in America, the time when any politician could run for office is gone. Only the rich can now afford this or those with great connections and a well-oiled machine. The last election, the candidates spent 1 billion dollars each. Insane. Not many regular Joe's can even get into this kind of situation.

Thaskin's sister was a good Prime Minister.

Just being curious, what insight is that opinion of yours based on?

Here is mine, for what it's worth: In all the time I've lived in Thailand, I have yet to see a "good" PM. Good in the sense that they move the country forward and have the people's interests at heart above everything else. Each and every PM I've seen come and go has failed this very simplistic "test of goodness". Of course there's also the question how much power the PM really has. In Yingluck's and Abhisit's case, it seems pretty obvious that they didn't really have any and were just likable poster girls & boys for their respective faction, despite having the title and wearing the fancy uniform.

As far as your analysis of the state of democracy (or the lack thereof) in the US is concerned, however, I'm with you.

So all planning Thai vacations don't chicken out and just go, stay away from big gatherings as you would to in any foreign country and don't discuss politics with locals,  boys included.

I will be there in about a week and a bit and have no intention of bailing out, going to enjoy myself, protests or not, my focus is to relax and have an enjoyable time. I was in the Philippines in 1986 when a rather large mob were protesting at the US embassy because they reckoned the US had kidnapped Ferdinand Marcos, they were there for more than a week and shots were fired regularly at night time to try and control the mob. That protest was within a hundred metres of my hotel and did nothing to stop me having a good time, I won't let those in Bangkok spoil it either. :good:

make sure you keep us updated as we did not have any trip report in a while and instead of discussing regular subjects like boy's tips and costs of drinks we are involved more in politics recently

While I don't believe we should ignore political matters, gay themed topics is the main reason I am here. All gaythailand forums

are very quiet now, baht-stop finished, the bitchboard folded up and slid out and things are slow. I'm sure we will get back to

what we know best and leave Thai politics to the Thais.

I suspect that proliferation of dynastic politics in democracies in recent years will eventually undermine democracy  everywhere as president's son will consider run for presidency his birthright and so will governor's daughter..

What's actually undermining democracies is the short term imperative to win elections, therefore politicians borrow much more than is responsible, as they consider a 4~5 year timescale and ignore the longer term build up of debts.

Hence many democracies are building up unsustainable debts.  US, Japan, UK & many Euro zone countries for example.

While I don't believe we should ignore political matters, gay themed topics is the main reason I am here. All gaythailand forums

are very quiet now, baht-stop finished, the bitchboard folded up and slid out and things are slow. I'm sure we will get back to

what we know best and leave Thai politics to the Thais.

nothing wrong with discussing politics as long as we can accept that others may have completely different view on the matters than our own, sometimes is hard to make own mind though,

I'm in this situation in respect of recent events - not happy that concert of  mob and judiciary removed elected official but happy that sister of former  prime minister is no longer in the same position as I hate dynastic politics in democracy. 

But you right, Thai politics belong to Thais, we have own pleasures.

What's actually undermining democracies is the short term imperative to win elections, therefore politicians borrow much more than is responsible, as they consider a 4~5 year timescale and ignore the longer term build up of debts.

Hence many democracies are building up unsustainable debts.  US, Japan, UK & many Euro zone countries for example.

Democracies are doing exactly of what we electorate want them to do, we are buying things we don't need for money we don't have  so why governments should act differently.

Whether this is prudent or sustainable is another matter. But it looks that  Thailand with her messy politics is in better debt position that countries you named, all matured democracies.

Guest abang1961

This may be a gay forum but the volatile situation in Bangkok demands attention.

Yes all of us, should pray for a calmer environment, should pray for our beloved Thais (boyfriends, lovers and money boys)..

Let us (the foreign visitors) continue to visit the kingdom as much as we could/should.

And by the way, Happy Mother's Day to all the drag queens.....and their supporters.

Guest tsubiboy29

after reading many of your posts here, i have decided not cancelling my trip and yes my holiday starts tomorrow. 

I will be arriving at 9:30pm, Bangkok. Hopefully I will find a nice restaurant / night food market close to where I am going to stay. Otherwise room service is a must as I will be so hungry and tired. 

I will keep ya posted and wish me luck.

Guest zomig13

@tsubiboy donot cancel your trip. if at all this is the best time to come when the traffic and crowd is nil. plus the airfares have so far dropped to all-time low on some carriers to bkk. take advantage of less competition when u visit boybars and massage places. i never thought bangkok could also be this quiet

Guest tsubiboy29

i went to senso on day 1 and adonis on day 2. in speaking of the facility, senso is a lot better eg the room is bigger than the one at adonis; shower inside of the room where in adonis the shower is located outside. senso has greater selection of boys, most of them are very fit, real hunks where in adonis you get hunks, twinks and bears. however the service is totally opposite towards to the facility conditions. eg the boy who massaged me at senso has no massage skills at all. the worst part was the fact that he could not understand english at all. i know its not his fault but i just believe communication is very important. 

i went to senso on day 1 and adonis on day 2. in speaking of the facility, senso is a lot better eg the room is bigger than the one at adonis; shower inside of the room where in adonis the shower is located outside. senso has greater selection of boys, most of them are very fit, real hunks where in adonis you get hunks, twinks and bears. however the service is totally opposite towards to the facility conditions. eg the boy who massaged me at senso has no massage skills at all. the worst part was the fact that he could not understand english at all. i know its not his fault but i just believe communication is very important. 

For money Senso is charging they should do better.

It's well known fact that condition of facility has now much to do with quality of massage - this depends on the boy  and some dose of chemistry.

If communication is important to you  have a sit with boy in the lobby, buy him a drink perhaps and try his language abilities.

Keep investigating and posting your findings