Gaybutton

Cartier Club - Pattaya's Newest Go-Go Bar

There have been some postings lately about the Cartier Club, Pattaya's newest gay go-go bar. This evening some friends and I went to have a look. I spoke with the owner. He says he has been open about a month. His is in kind of an off-the-beaten-path location. To get there from South Road (Pattaya Tai) you go to Soi Buakhao, turn left, and follow the road around until you get to Soi Lengkee-1. If you're not sure where that is, on the right side you'll see a 7-Eleven on one side of the street and a Family Mart on the other. That's the Soi. Turn right. Some of you may be familiar with the Opey de Place hotel. Cartier is almost directly across the street from Opey de Place.

If you download the file below, I included the business card and location instructions.

I got a good laugh from the business card. It says, "Take Home Delivery - 24 Hours." The owner told me it means exactly what it says. If there is a boy you like, all you have to do is give him a call and he'll send the boy to wherever you are.

We arrived about 8:30 PM. There were seven boys dancing while we were there. All of them were of obvious legal age. They were actually dancing too, which I thought was refreshing. It wasn't the usual half-hearted 'one-knee shuffle.' Three boys were dancing on the center stage and four were dancing on the balcony upstairs. Every few minutes a boy slides down a pole from the upper level and replaces a boy on the stage, who now goes up to the balcony.

There is a nightly show at 10:00 PM, although we did not stay for the show.

Drinks are 150 baht. The "off" fee is 300 baht.

Give Cartier a try when in Pattaya.

Guest jomtien

If you're not sure where that is, on the right side you'll see a 7-Eleven on one side of the street and a Family Mart on the other.

That narrows it down to any corner in Pattaya! :)

Guest letmetellu

There have been some postings lately about the Cartier Club, Pattaya's newest gay go-go bar. This evening some friends and I went to have a look. I spoke with the owner. He says he has been open about a month. His is in kind of an off-the-beaten-path location. To get there from South Road (Pattaya Tai) you go to Soi Buakhao, turn left, and follow the road around until you get to Soi Lengkee-1. If you're not sure where that is, on the right side you'll see a 7-Eleven on one side of the street and a Family Mart on the other. That's the Soi. Turn right. Some of you may be familiar with the Opey de Place hotel. Cartier is almost directly across the street from Opey de Place.

If you download the file below, I included the business card and location instructions.

I got a good laugh from the business card. It says, "Take Home Delivery - 24 Hours." The owner told me it means exactly what it says. If there is a boy you like, all you have to do is give him a call and he'll send the boy to wherever you are.

We arrived about 8:30 PM. There were seven boys dancing while we were there. All of them were of obvious legal age. They were actually dancing too, which I thought was refreshing. It wasn't the usual half-hearted 'one-knee shuffle.' Three boys were dancing on the center stage and four were dancing on the balcony upstairs. Every few minutes a boy slides down a pole from the upper level and replaces a boy on the stage, who now goes up to the balcony.

There is a nightly show at 10:00 PM, although we did not stay for the show.

Drinks are 150 baht. The "off" fee is 300 baht.

Give Cartier a try when in Pattaya.

Wonderful The INFOmercials we are now starved of:-

This is more like it Gaybutton some one actually going to the gay business and giving us the low down as we are so starved of now, same as another guy use to do before he left town to take care of business.

Its ok reading about the opening and closing of gay businesses as we seem to have on these web sites but now we are starved of nuts and bolts information of members actually going to these functions, restaurants and gay bars, to give us the inside story on what's it all about. may be these other writers who dont go to these venus dont get invited but any one can walk by and say its open it takes an interesting guy to make it come a live so others flock there to make in No1 most Interesting venue in town.

W,,e want to know if, did any one do any fun things was the food up to scratch what is the ambience like, would you go again obviously this "Cartier" is a place to visit over and over again its in the next Soi to Picasso another hot hid-away in an offbeat location, but when I first came to Pattaya late 70s and 80s any bar if you could find them was hidden away, but we found them and usually there was about 40 to 60 boyz there when we came in we was probably the only customer, up they jumped danced always so happy as if you was at a party It was such fun. No like now days when the farangs have taken over who have no interest and are normally boring people themself, they dont stay long in business as has said before by some one they soon make there excuses and go.

Keep up this on the spot roving reporting Gaybutton, I can see a new title for you "keeping-your finger-on-the-Gaybutton". :p

By the way I think you have got your first job as our "Roving Correspondent" here:-

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about9632.html

That narrows it down to any corner in Pattaya!

The file I attached may help you figure it out and narrow it down a little further. On Soi Buakhao, as far as I know, that's the only corner like that.

W,,e want to know if, did any one do any fun things was the food up to scratch what is the ambience like, would you go again

There was no food. It's a bar, not a restaurant. Fun things? That depends on what you mean. The boys started off dancing in cut-offs and then stripped down to bikini briefs. To me, that was a fun thing. The show might also be a fun thing, but we didn't stay to see the show.

Would I go again? Sorry, but I wouldn't even think about answering that. I'd rather see people go and decide that for themselves, without any influence from my personal opinion. As for the ambiance, it reminded me of Wild West Boys.

Guest letmetellu

At the moment this Bar seems to be a Hot Item so the whole town and those arriving soon will be craving for as much info as can be given, the rest of course is up to them, of course we know its a bar but when your away from Thailand we crave for every detail we can get its ok for you living the high life :) but Gaythailand may be home sick already no matter where he is.......... Hehehe

I too visited Cartier this evening. The only place in Pattaya I have heard music so loud was in the old City Boys. Conversation was impossible. As we were the only customers, we asked that it be turned down a bit and it was -- to the point that one could converse by shouting. I know -- If it

Guest letmetellu

At last another roving reporter not since David of Pattaya who is badly Missed as irritating as he could be on his bad day, much like me on a good day,:) he went out of his way to give us all the low down on what is happening in Pattaya town, and some times further away, he was Invited to all the functions and as I was and went to all the trouble to let Us know all the inside Gossip of what was happening as if we were there.

Its all very well churning out who is open today and who is closing tomorrow, but Geezer and Gaybutton is now getting the message Local Gossip and in side information, its a shame the local roving correspondent never get invited to anything or go to new restaurants only seems to pass and report them and that's it,.

Thanks Geezer and GB this is what we are all crying out to read. more of the same Please, this reporting leaves the others standing in Sunee Plaza wondering if are KRAZY to go in KAOS or is it safer to be seen in KRAZY?

Guest ear wig

Geezer! I have no idea how anyone can be tiresome if your in Paradise, may be you should get a nice warm lover and stop taking things so seriously, Happy Christmas any way lets hope you have a good time soon any way.

Guest letmetellu

Please do put me on Ignore it speaks volumes about you how boring it must be in that room all on your own, may be that's where you belong! alone in a darkened room, oh sorry you cant read this can you, Im on ignore or am I hehehe...................Hope things get better for you in the

New Year.

The thread was about the Cartier Club and I see no problem with letmetellyou thanking others for

the report; however, I think Geezer's "drivel" reply was more directed to the first two paragraphs.

I also knew David in Pattaya but not as well as many others; yet, I don't exactly take kindly to all of your comments about him nor do I appreciate your attempt to compare yourself to him. DIP would occasionally confound some people (especially yanks) with his wording and truncated writing style but he was fairly beloved by all and, to my memory, never attracted nor participated in nasty repartee.

Perhaps you occasionally ought to try to emulate him.

Guest letmetellu

Hi Bob I can understand where your coming from with David of Pattaya our good friend, I knew him very well as did many others, it was an "In Joke" and I dont speak Ill of the dead, even so know I would not want to be more like him, he is he and I am me, to very different people & personalities, if you knew me well, not the person you read here, you would understand why.

God Bless his Soul he did so much to help many people, so do many fortunately in Pattaya that go un-noticed.

Guest Snowkat

Here we go again! How typical! A straightforward thread about a new(ish) go-go bar and useful information from people who have visited the place has been highjacked by LMTU/Ear wig (yet again) and turned into a hissy fit and cat-fight between him and Geezer, which others have now joined.

Geezer is right - "years of mindless blather, self aggrandizement, hyperbole and prevarication inflicted by a single individual using multiple aliases" is enough to make any sane person snap and turn into a jabbering wreck.

Keep on subject or KEEP QUIET!

Guest Martelly

As you walk in to Cartier Club, you will see a shelf with leaflets on. They are coupons which you are free to take.

Its for buy 2 drinks get third free. Not a bad offer really. Bringing your drink bill down a little bit.

The boys are very good looking and they do deliver.

Can really recommend this place.

For those who never knew David-in-Pattaya or would like to remember him, here's a photo that I made in June, 2000. Some of you may remember my "Day Trippin'" articles. When I made the trip to Chantaburi, David went with me. We stopped for lunch at a wonderful restaurant, in the middle of nowhere, called Classic Forest. Some of you may have been there. We happened upon it by sheer accident and it was the very day it first opened. That is where this photo was taken. This is the way I like to remember David. He left us much too soon.

Guest letmetellu

Yes your right Gaybutton David was a fun character in those days there was many, and now we seem to have a new breed of babbling, jealous, some bitter mamby pambies what's going on where they coming from the mortuary, no I dont think so at least they have a permanent smile in there.

Lets get back to laughter fun and hilarity, send these miseries back to where they came from for a reality check.

Lets get back to these more informative posts and leave the "opening and closings" to Pattayagay report.