Guest tsubiboy29

going to visit bangkok in May, advice?

Guest tsubiboy29

thanks guys, your posts are all extremely helpful.

update: i have cancelled my booking at the banyan tree, now i will be staying at the peninsula. its located on the other side of the river, however the hotel offers free transportation for guests to get across the river. and i get the "long stay rate" which makes it more affordable. 

question: how much is the cost from the airport to the hotel by taxi, i will be arriving at 8:00pm, maybe too late for public transports? 

Guest tsubiboy29

pack/buy short sleeved button front polyester or silk shirts you can rinse off and hang up to dry quickly in your room.

you can go through 3 shirts easily in one afternoon and laundry from the hotel can be expensive.

yep, i have bought some camping t-shirts and shorts, they are dry easily and waterproof bags. 

Peninsula hotel is across the river from Saphan Taksin BTS station, convenient during day , not so much for night life but taxis are affordable in BKK  ,

Taxi from airport should be 300-400 on the meter,

public transport from airport stops at midnight so you have plenty of time, you should be out of immigration by 9 p.m., if you want economise and have a first shot at eye candy take train to Phaya Thai station, change there for BTS, change BTS at Siam to other line  to Saphan Taksin and than short hop across the river.

Enjoy while it lasts 

Guest Promsak

but taxis are affordable in BKK  ,

Yes, if you can persuade a taxi to cross the river late at night. Good luck.

Is that the Banyan Tree in Sathorn? It would have been a much better location for most areas day or night.

Have fun anyway.

Guest tsubiboy29

Yes, if you can persuade a taxi to cross the river late at night. Good luck.

Is that the Banyan Tree in Sathorn? It would have been a much better location for most areas day or night.

Have fun anyway.

why taxi drivers refuse to cross the river at night? 

It's no problem to find a taxi at night that crosses the river. Well, at least not beyond the usual problem that some taxi drivers just don't want to go where you need to go... that can happen, whether crossing the river or not.

Guest tsubiboy29

don't worry , next taxi will appear in 37 seconds,

reason to refuse to go to other side is that it's hard to get fare back at deep of night as Thonburi is not famous for  night entertainment

let us know how did you do in BKK

vinapu, i am so excited, 30 days to go. i think i will have at least two massage sections per day during my stay. question: do "professional" massage places offer massages with happy endings?  happy ending is always good, but i am actually after a nice massage at the same time, is it difficult of having both? 

Do "professional" massage places offer massages with happy endings?  happy ending is always good, but i am actually after a nice massage at the same time, is it difficult of having both? 

Usually they do offer a happy ending. I only go to the type of places that offer a proper massage & they offer extras at least 90% of the time in Thailand. 

If I want, er, more than that, it's going to be in my hotel room late at night.

Of course, you need to be booking an oil massage, so you start with your clothes off and a room with some privacy. 

If all you're after is a massage & happy ending in a professional massage place, there's no need to be tipping more than 500.  In fact, they often mention 500 baht when offering the service.

I second everything Z909 says above, in fact I never had massage without option of happy ending being suggested / offered, not that I always used it, sometimes I'm just happy with body to body contact.

But at times we have reports from  various places that masseur was not interested in any extras, my guess would be no chemistry built up or it's due to patron' s cheapskate fame    

As for tipping z909 statement is even confirmed on ARENA's website as they say in minimum tip shower, massage and hand job is included and their min tip is 500 for 1 hr. massage.

If you ask  me, if I put my hands on his less accessible body parts  and I always do,  I never tip less than 1000  even if minimum tip suggested is less than that. I take abuse for spoiling market gladly.

Guest tsubiboy29

Usually they do offer a happy ending. I only go to the type of places that offer a proper massage & they offer extras at least 90% of the time in Thailand. 

If I want, er, more than that, it's going to be in my hotel room late at night.

Of course, you need to be booking an oil massage, so you start with your clothes off and a room with some privacy. 

If all you're after is a massage & happy ending in a professional massage place, there's no need to be tipping more than 500.  In fact, they often mention 500 baht when offering the service.

so true z909, oil massage +male therapist are the signal of "happy ending may be provided". because its almost impossible to have oil massage done with clothes on. do i usually need to ask the therapists first if they can provide "extra services" or the erection of my dick is the best sign.

Guest tsubiboy29

I second everything Z909 says above, in fact I never had massage without option of happy ending being suggested / offered, not that I always used it, sometimes I'm just happy with body to body contact.

But at times we have reports from  various places that masseur was not interested in any extras, my guess would be no chemistry built up or it's due to patron' s cheapskate fame    

As for tipping z909 statement is even confirmed on ARENA's website as they say in minimum tip shower, massage and hand job is included and their min tip is 500 for 1 hr. massage.

If you ask  me, if I put my hands on his less accessible body parts  and I always do,  I never tip less than 1000  even if minimum tip suggested is less than that. I take abuse for spoiling market gladly.

500 sounds right to me. in my opinion,  i think 1000 is way too much for hand jobs. if annal sex is going to be involved i will prefer its done in my hotel room where its more private and comfortable, i will choose a go go boy instead of massage therapists

Guest tsubiboy29

so i guess my question is : what are the places where both proper massage + extra can be provided at the same time? i hate the massage part is just spraying the oil over your body. 

again I recommend xiluzer,  bkkmfj and  ( shamelessly ) mine reports from end of last year, all places mentioned offer both massage and extras ,

cream massage is the same like oil if you don't like splashing oil all over.

I like part when boy splashes oil and uses his own body to distribute it evenly over mine, usually something hard disturbs otherwise nice feeling

massage boys may be available for offs so if you like one just ask if they will go with you, in fact most my offs were massage boys.

Off fee is usually cost of 1-1 1/2 hr massage, you may be asked to pay boy tip up front / rarely /. I had cases when off fee was waived if it was later during day and I had paid massage in the venue earlier that day.

whomever  you off make sure not only you like him but there's hint he likes you for better experience

Guest Guestsss

I will be there in July 2014, loking for good friends for outing etc...any recommendations ? Not into money boys.

Where is the best REAL THAI MASSAGE ( no sex )

so i guess my question is : what are the places where both proper massage + extra can be provided at the same time? i hate the massage part is just spraying the oil over your body. 

Oil massage is not "spraying the oil over your body". A good masseur applies the oil to his hands first and then to your body. Pouring oil (cold) on the customer's body is poor style.

I had three different masseurs in Lomchoey Soi Ngamduplee last year, and all were good at massage and happy ending. Details here:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2013/11/lomchoey-massage-soi-ngamduplee.html

(Diclaimer: my experience with massage is limited to about 20 massages in 5 different venues per year.)

if annal sex is going to be involved i will prefer its done in my hotel room where its more private and comfortable, i will choose a go go boy instead of massage therapists

I thought the same. But then I found that conditions in massage shop are better than in my room: dimable light, right temperature, start slow with massage, and I find the masseur's skin glistening from traces of massage oil attractive. My room has 20 sqm, you can get lost on your way to the fridge. Massage room has just the right size, temperature, level of light.

My first stop in Silom after my return to Bangkok will be in a massage place.

My first stop in Silom after my return to Bangkok will be in a massage place.

which one?

For me almost always first stop is Arena, only last November I deviated from this habit due to late arrival, too late for Arena not not late enough for Bangkok Massage

there are around 50 of such massageshops with only male staff and sure to offer more. They are spread all over town. Chris, es gibt auch schon einige on Chaeng Wattana/sideois.

For those in the tourist belt-Silom and lower Sukhumvit, go to a site of nickysgaybagkok-it still has conscripts of the old shamefullmack reviews.

For those shops it does remains hit and miss and its quite personal. My 1 visit to that shop in Ngam Duplee was so bad I'll never ever return there. Arena is often said to be dirty and unkempt, which I found true. In general one may expect that boys working in such msg-shops are better trained at doing msg as an average gogoboy, if comparing big groups its probably true-but its certainly not universal. Many msg-boys are ex barboys and thus a bit older. As it allows more part time work, often loads of young students.

Where is the best REAL THAI MASSAGE ( no sex )

ANYwhere-on any street, in any shopping mall and by the dozen in any touristy area. Prices for Thai msg from about 150 bt/hr and for oil from 250 (but go for higher price-then you get shower and other freebees included). Fully hit and miss, and for the larger part lady staff. Recommendations are useless-staff will have changed and there is no need to cross all of town for that. THe higher priced the hotels around, the higher the price will be-and the more luxuruous the rooms. Has no relation whatsoever on the real quality of the massage itself. Sama-same for Thai food.

there are around 50 of such massageshops with only male staff and sure to offer more. They are spread all over town. Chris, es gibt auch schon einige on Chaeng Wattana/sideois.

I am well aware that there are more, my preference for places in Silom/Sathorn is simply because I often have business in that area, so I walk past regularly. I just avoid places that charge considerably more than the average.

It would be no problem for me to find and make myself understood in Thai elsewhere, but there are no places where I regularly walk past.

I am not aware of any such places in Chaeng Wattana area.