pong

Gay the rabbit

Just some divertissimento-between all the serious things and all-the-same-repeats:

A facebook page with this name got now over 55555 (ha-ha-ha) likes, started as a parody on ''Jay the rabbit''-which was basically comments on office life.

A 30 yrs old Thai professional started this page-in a mix of Thai and english- with gay office jokes. LIke about ''cha nee''=girls who like gays and ''Y-girls'' who romantize that their love can put it straight. In fact women give the most likes-well over 60%. I've looked at it and most are indeed funny-and not that much ''camp'' either.

And for all of you who believe that here in Th its all so open: this 30-yrs old writer has not come out to his parents (though he is with picture and all in an english magazine) and the item that got most hits was about the parents kicking Gay out of the house after he told them to be gay-lots of similar stories.

Now I am not a big fan of fb-but the page opens already when you hit it via google-so no need to even prescribe (for now).

Guest anonone

One of the many times I wish I could read Thai.  Looks to be an interesting site to visit and keep up with.

And it doesn't hurt that this was posted on the front page:

1609680_802365129789346_345807437_n.jpg

The funny thing is that they (BK Magazine) also pushed the original, Jay the Rabbit, and ran an interview with its creator last June:

http://bk.asia-city.com/tech/article/interview-jay-the-rabbit-facebook-comic-bangkok

Back then they already had more than 100,000 fans, and I became one of them at this time. Seeing this Gay the Rabbit spin-off is pretty cool.