Guest imkeev

Travel Advice to Bangkok (21 June 2014 - 30 June 2014)

First stop worrying about Gay Friendly. To find a Hotel that is not Gay Friendly would be very difficult.

2nd always book your room for 2 people and that ends the discussion anywhere about adding a guest.

Of course the boy needs to look presentable and have proper id in case you are asked.

With hundreds and hundred of nights I have to really search my memory to come up with a Hotel that has even looked sideways when I walk in with a guest.

There are some Hotels that require you stop and show the boys ID and some customers like the added layer of protection from underage boy. Certainly Tartawan is one of those and the Dusit in Pattaya but they are the minority.

Pick the Hotel that is in the area you plan to spend the most time and spend what you can afford.

Nice Hotels are a bargain in BKK compared to most other cities in the world so if you like a refuge away from the oppressive heat and a pool to enjoy spend a little extra .

Guest abang1961

I stayed at the Hilton across the river once and must I say, it was pretty inconvenient.   Yes the environment around there is good and the pool is nice but having to spend that extra time/dollar to travel is simply a burden....   TS should be happier to choose one that is within 5 minutes from the epicentre of gay nightlife.... 

Ts, do enjoy your trip and all the (s)escapades...

Guest luvthai

Very very hot time of the year so I would suggest a hotel with a pool and plan your days so you are out and about early mornings and afternoons for nap or pool activities so you are revived for evenings which while still hot you are not dealing with the sun.  Also clothes that are light.  Shoes that dry fast as there can be some heavy rains.  Also familiarize your self with the Skytrain routes.

Guest imkeev

Hi guys,

What do you guys think of Pullman G Hotel? If it's alright, then I won't mind to stay there as it looks good and the price seems to be reasonable. Unless if you guys prefer me to stay somewhere else. My price range would be around SGD$100 to $120.

(FYI guys, this is my first time to Bangkok and I would love to stay in a hotel where it is easier for me to have a gay night out throughout my stay there. I don't really worry much during the day as I know it is quite easier to get around Bangkok using the Tuk-Tuk service or taxi)

Hi

Having been in bkk last month, I stayed for 10 nights in the dusit thani at the top of silom road near lumpini park. Ideal location, and was a great location despite the nearby protests at that time.

I got great value through one of those mystery hotel sites and then sweet talked at reception for an upgrade to a suite.

I have no idea of the hotel's policy on joiners but I have heard that there is no fee subject to the normal procedures etc etc.

hi , i would love to know how much etc you paid for the mystery hotel set up !! 

imkeev, stick to taxis and public transport, if you new to Bkk chance are tuk-tuk drivers will take you for a ride either by overcharging you or driving you to places where they can get some commission on purchases you may make.

Guest Markblue

Imkeev I love the PullmanG hotel in Silom, lovely service, good food and hot staff!

It's a brilliant location, arena massage is just on the opposite street you can just walk to it. Otherwise patpong and all the gay soi's are just a walk further down the road. Ignore the tuk tuk drivers who will offer to take you around, they are at the traffic lights just as you make your way to patpong for the hotel.

Enjoy!

The Tarntawan Hotel is hard to beat in the Silom Road area and I've stayed there a couple of times. It's regarded as gay friendly and I saw that several guests had boys with them, as I usually had, in the mornings during breakfast. This which is very good and is available 24 hours. It's included in the room rate unless you order hot dishes which are charged.

It's hard to find, being in a small Soi. My taxi driver couldn't find it on the first occasion and I had to get out and find it on foot having asked for directions. However this is an advantage in that it's quiet during the night.

As mentioned previously there is no issues in the vast majority of Bangkok (and Pattaya) hotels with specifically male joiners, but some charge extra if you come back as a couple (str or gay), having registered alone. I always stay at hotels regarded as "gay friendly", as I dislike the stares you get when accompanied by boys considerably younger than myself and with them not following the dress code typical of upmarket hotels.

Guest imkeev

Guys,

Whoopie!! Finally... I've finalised my decision on which hotel I should stay in. Whee~ BOOKED and FEELING EXCITED!!

Now, I need help on another thing. Could you guys help me out on where I should go throughout my stay in Bangkok? It will be a long 9 day vacation in Bangkok. Here's a few on my list:

MORNING: 

Chatuchak

Siam Paragon

Madame Tussauds

Central World

Ocean World??

Anymore??

NIGHT:

Asiatique

Patpong?? - Any suggestion?

Gay Bar?? - Any suggestions?

Help me out... ;) Need to do a nine-day plan..

Alexx, somebody on reception probably thought that is market for every age / I guess it's a while since you got your first driving license /

I'd guess I was 35 and my friend about 32. So yes, they didn't need to check my ID to make sure I'm not underage. I thought the scope of the question was broader, i.e. if this hotel is known to object to visitors (people who aren't registered as guests, but sneak up to the rooms) in general. I think they don't care, like most hotels in Bangkok.

anyone stayed at Nantra Silom before and know if you can bring "guests"?

been staying there everytime i visit Bangkok.

yes, no problem at all if you want to bring "guests",, and i'm sure they are used to seeing many same boys from Tawan as their "guests" ha ha ha!!

and FYI, don't take the economy room, it is too small,, the standard one is enough.

Guys,

Whoopie!! Finally... I've finalised my decision on which hotel I should stay in. Whee~ BOOKED and FEELING EXCITED!!

Now, I need help on another thing. Could you guys help me out on where I should go throughout my stay in Bangkok? It will be a long 9 day vacation in Bangkok. Here's a few on my list:

MORNING: 

Chatuchak

Siam Paragon

Madame Tussauds

Central World

Ocean World??

Anymore??

NIGHT:

Asiatique

Patpong?? - Any suggestion?

Gay Bar?? - Any suggestions?

Help me out... ;) Need to do a nine-day plan..

So which hotel you finally picked up?

Planning vacation is almost as exciting like vacations itself  but don't over do it , whatever you will do in Bangkok you will never be bored

Chatuchak is only  worth visiting on weekend and idea of going there early is very sensible as it becaomes hot and crowded as day goes.

A must in Bankgok is Grand Palace and Wat Po nearby, Vinamek and Throne Hall, taking boat from SAphan Taksin BTS to Grand Palace. I also suggest Snake Farm , right opposite of Soi Twilight.

Patpong is great night market and I like it at deep night when they start winding it down - lots of shirtless boys working on dis-assembly of stalls,Has only one gay bar -Screwboys.

Soi Twilight across the Suriwong from Patpong is the center of gay entertainment with 7 bars and I suggest you try to visit all of them plus Jupiter and Tawan. 

Guest imkeev

I've finally made my final decision and decided to stay at the Sofitel So Hotel. It was a very hard decision to made though but I need a hotel where I could have a great view in the morning and night time. Hehe. So I picked this hotel as it has a nice view over the Lumpini Park and it does kinda have a great room design. Very excited. Not so sure about the surroundings though. But I did tried to google map the place and it kinda near to Babylon, and some other bar.. I think.. So maybe I did the right decision.. OR maybe not.. Heheh..

What do you have Nature Boys and Golden Cock. Where is it located?

I do would like to visit a lot of gay bars. But worried that I might be bored as I am travelling alone. ;) How about transportation during late night? Is it hard?

What do you have Nature Boys and Golden Cock. Where is it located?

I do would like to visit a lot of gay bars. But worried that I might be bored as I am travelling alone. ;)

All you want to know about gay scene in Bangkok and very afraid to google:

http://thaiboyclub.blogspot.com/p/clubs.html

http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com/2011/03/12/a-night-at-nature-boy/

http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-bangkok/n-silom/map-n-sil/

Nature Boy on same soi and close to Golden Cock.

Enjoy. :diablo:

don't worry about transportation at night, Bangkok is one of those cities who never sleep

Public transport stops around midnight but taxis are available round clock and don't cost a fortune, jus make sure they turn meter on or if they refuse wait for next one. In May during torrential rain at 4 a.m. it took only 2 minutes for taxi to appear, go figure