Guest imkeev

Travel Advice to Bangkok (21 June 2014 - 30 June 2014)

This is my first time travelling to Bangkok and would love to have some great time meeting people there. Heard alot of fun thing going on there and would like to seek some advises on travelling to Bangkok. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers.

Always helpful to mention interests. Some of us are better at advising on saunas and boy bars while others know more

about restaurants, hotels and sightseeing. Are you on a tight budget or have plenty of money? Are you a student or retired?

The more info you supply, the better chance of appropriate advise.

Others are far more knowledgable about Bangkok than I , so I will leave it to the more knowledgeable members here.

This is my first time travelling to Bangkok and would love to have some great time meeting people there. Heard alot of fun thing going on there and would like to seek some advises on travelling to Bangkok. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum , you joined at good time as we had recently several very good and well commented travel reports so I suggest you get acquainted with them before you go to get an idea of fun awaiting you in BKK

Hi guys,

Sorry for not giving so much info about myself and my trip plan as this is my first time, ever, in joining any of the forums in the web. So donch know what to mention. Hehe. :) Well. Lemme see. I'm not a student nor a retiree. Just a normal person who wants to have a long break from his normal working life and hope to get some fun, excitements and adventures, OR maybe a love life in Bangkok, who knows what will happen. ;)

Well guys, I'm actually gonna have a 10-days trip to Bangkok and currently I am still deciding on where to stay. Picked up several hotels near to the BTS station but still thinking of which one is the best one. I did a little research on where to go though but just found several common places where tourists normally went such as Siam Paragon, Terminal21, Asiatique and Chatuchak. Other than that, not a clue. Gay  places, just found one, Tha Babylon. Hehe. But not sure whether they have something going on in June or not. Seen their calendar but nothing is up, yet. Again, it's my first time, so no gay clue of what should I do throughout my gay vacay. SIgh.

Now, things that I'm not into? No idea at all. At the moment, I'm just too excited to go there and just have my 10-days vacation. Things that I am into? Of course, hoping to make some friends and have a good gay vacation along the way. :) Oh I do need some advise on getting a sim-card for phone. How do I get it? Need to have some Grindr activities. LOL. About my budget, just a normal budget.

Transportation? Maybe I will be having some problem in getting the BTS station for the first time. ;)

So guys, that's just about it. That's all of the info that I have at the moment and hope to get more advises on where to go or what to do during night time (restaurant, chill out, party, shopping, places to visit), especially for a single gay traveller like myself. ;) Oh, do advise me on how to get some gay friends, at least, I'm not gonna be all alone throughout my vacay.

Thanks guys. ;)

Hi guys,

Sorry for not giving so much info about myself and my trip plan as this is my first time, ever, in joining any of the forums in the web. So donch know what to mention. Hehe. :) Well. Lemme see. I'm not a student nor a retiree. Just a normal person who wants to have a long break from his normal working life and hope to get some fun, excitements and adventures, OR maybe a love life in Bangkok, who knows what will happen. ;)

Well guys, I'm actually gonna have a 10-days trip to Bangkok and currently I am still deciding on where to stay. Picked up several hotels near to the BTS station but still thinking of which one is the best one. I did a little research on where to go though but just found several common places where tourists normally went such as Siam Paragon, Terminal21, Asiatique and Chatuchak. Other than that, not a clue. Gay  places, just found one, Tha Babylon. Hehe. But not sure whether they have something going on in June or not. Seen their calendar but nothing is up, yet. Again, it's my first time, so no gay clue of what should I do throughout my gay vacay. SIgh.

Now, things that I'm not into? No idea at all. Things that I am into? Of course, hoping to make some friends and have a good gay vacation along the way. :) Oh I do need some advise on getting a sim-card for phone. How do I get it? Need to have some Grindr activities. LOL. About my budget, just a normal budget.

Transportation? Maybe I will be having some problem in getting the BTS station for the first time. ;)

So guys, that's just about it. That's all of the info that I have at the moment and hope to get more advises on where to go or what to do during night time (restaurant, chill out, party, shopping, places to visit), especially for a single gay traveller like myself. ;) Oh, do advise me on how to get some gay friends, at least, I'm not gonna be all alone throughout my vacay.

Thanks guys. ;)

I am still deciding on where to stay. Picked up several hotels near to the BTS station but still thinking of which one is the best one. I did a little research on where to go though but just found several common places where tourists normally went such as Siam Paragon, Terminal21, Asiatique and Chatuchak.

for stay I'd recommend Silom area over Sukhumvit, both connected well to BTS, more gay venues in Silom with Soi Twilight being crown jewel with 8 go-go bars on 100 m stretch.

Sukhumvit area is better for shopping and dining.

Four places you mentioned are three shopping malls and one market - Bangkok malls are fabulous and Chatuchak is huge but are you sure you want spend your days shopping ?

Don't worry about finding BTS - this is overhead rail impossible to miss, actually pretty ugly sight but immensely useful.

Hi Mate

If your thinking of meeting and taking a few Thai guys back to your hotel, I suggest you take this in to account when selecting a place to stay, my first time in Bangkok some time ago I stayed at the Holiday Inn - Silon, after the taxi journey back from the main gay areas it was a nightmare "smuggling" a friend in or paying the joiner fee when ever we were caught!

I would suggest you consider a more "gay friendly" hotel such as Tartawan Place or the Rose hotel, both are excelent, depending on what you want, I use the Rose Hotel more now as whilst the rooms are a bit smaller, it is cheaper and I love their pool! Both hotels are a couple of minuites walk from the main gay bar areas at night and you will have no problens taking any new "Thai friend" back, providing he has ID and is over 18, which makes sense. During the day from either hotel easy to walk over to Lumpini Park and relax (& if you like more muscular guys see them working out in the open air gym!) or simple to get arround Bangkok as the nearest Sky train at station at Sala Daeng or the underground is only a short walk. I would also suggest during the day to try the tourist river boat, only a couple of sky train stops away, amazing value and a great way to see the city and stop off at some of the main tourist attractions from the river. It is also only about a 40 min gentle walk up the the main big shopping areas you mentioned, or easy by Sky train.

Hope this is of help and have a great visit!

Guest SpermAholic

Good advice guys and yes the Silom area would be the best close to the BTS and all.

I also wanted to say that "Babylon" is a place to visit but not to stay in.

Thank you so much guys! Seriously. The info was really GREAT! Now I can start narrowing down the hotels and the places I can go to. :) Now, it make much sense to me on why does some of the hotels are called "gay-friendly". Hehe. If you guys have more info with gay travelling in Bangkok, please do share with me. I need to know more on where should I hangout during night time and what is and what not to do when I'm in Bangkok. ;) 

If you arrive early  during day you can have a massage, I'd pick up Bangkok Masage or Bonny also in soi Twilight - boys are waiting for clients outside so you can see the offer before deciding . Easier than wade in to Hero, Senso or FanClub where you may feel intimidated inside will all those beauties smiling at you and counting that they will be chosen ones

After that stay in soi where you have 8 go-go bars, 4 beer bars ,3 massage places and 2 restaurants to choose. Pick up one of go-go bars , go to see the show, arrive 1/2 hour earlier so you can pick up boy from the line , invite him to sit with you during show , buy him a drink , be prepared to tip him 100-200 baht for his time. If you get horny off him to check your stamp collection in your hotel or short time room / Suriwong holtel or BBB Inn /. After that you will be seasoned pro and ready to make your own choices.

This is advice I got before my first trip years ago  , just venues were partially different . It served me well

Wow. I would love to have that during my trip. Yeah. I do arrive early though. Maybe I should do that. :)

Guys, I do have a few hotels in my list and I still can't narrow it down to one coz I'm still not sure which one is the best place to stay in.  I'm actually looking for a hotel that have a modern concept room, but gay friendly hotel and not too far from gay area. Here's the list.

1. Mode Sathorn Hotel2

2. Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn3

3. GLOW Pratunam

4. Admiral Premier Bangkok

5. The Continent Hotel

So guys, need your help in this one. :) Or maybe you guys have a better experience in another hotel.

Thanks. Cheers.

" I'm actually looking for a hotel that have a modern concept room, but gay friendly hotel and not too far from gay area."

For the first timer and you want to fully enjoy what Bangkok has to offer (especially gayhaven!) then YOU HAVE TO STAY AT SILOM!

find a hotel near it, as Vinapu and paulfort pointed out. And if you want modern concept room, then try Bally Suite Silom, it's in the middle of gayverse Bangkok!! (and near to BTS/MRT)

btw: sorry, but i wouldn't choose any of the hotels you listed.

Vinapu :

IMO :

"modern concept hotel room" : SENSO

"not modern concept hotel room" : UNIMAN

hee hee hee!!!

I got difference, thank you,  but what about definition? Is this one of those rooms where access to the sea / i.e. toilet / is separated by glass wall instead of traditional one?

Keep in mind my backwardness on the subject is monumental - I 'm impressed with Malaysia, consider BBB Inn home away from home and Tarntawan is ultimate luxury for me.

Bottom line - I left both Senso and Uniman happy man so likely  concept was not qualifying factor 

Guest Tball73

Agree with the suggestions for hotels in Silom, especially Tarntawan Place is great! A more pricy option, but one I'd never hesitate to recommend is Le Meridien, right across the road from Patpong Night Market.

If you want to be away from the busy Silom road and have a slightly higher budget, Urbana Sathorn is fantastic. Modern 1 bdrm suites. Close enough to Silom-Gay-Central by foot, but far enough from the crowd.

I've found that I avoid travel in the evenings as much as possible, the traffic is infamous, also finding a cab late night that will go by the meter can be challenging. Stay closer to where the nightlife is and take the BTS or MRT for your daytime activities.

Guest imkeev

Hi guys,

I'm still in a dilemma in choosing the right hotel for my vacay in Bangkok. Here's the thing, I'm kinda having some doubts in picking the right hotel. It would be great to have a gay friendly hotel though but I also would like to have a great place to stay in, a place where I could have some fun during the night time as well as the day time. Night time - gay fun night out, Day time - shopping, sight seeing.. It would also best that I dont have to worry when bringing another person in for the fun time into the hotel.. Maybe the following hotel?

1. Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

2. Sofitel So

Any others?

Any advise guys? Need to finalise my hotel booking as the date is getting nearer.. Huhu.

Guest Dubchub

Hi

Having been in bkk last month, I stayed for 10 nights in the dusit thani at the top of silom road near lumpini park. Ideal location, and was a great location despite the nearby protests at that time.

I got great value through one of those mystery hotel sites and then sweet talked at reception for an upgrade to a suite.

I have no idea of the hotel's policy on joiners but I have heard that there is no fee subject to the normal procedures etc etc.

Having been in bkk last month, I stayed for 10 nights in the dusit thani at the top of silom road near lumpini park. Ideal location, and was a great location despite the nearby protests at that time.

I got great value through one of those mystery hotel sites and then sweet talked at reception for an upgrade to a suite.

I have no idea of the hotel's policy on joiners but I have heard that there is no fee subject to the normal procedures etc etc.

It's a lovely place, but pricey. You more than likely got the upgrade because Bangkok was reported to have a hotel occupancy rate around 30% for January and probably not much more for February. There was space a-plenty. Great you were able to stay there... it's too expensive for my normal taste (and hotel budgeting habits), but very nice.

The Dusit Thani [report and pictures here] would more than likely have called for some discretion when bringing a guest back, and possibly a stop at reception to add them to your room, as some places do require.

How about a trip report?  

Hi guys,

I'm still in a dilemma in choosing the right hotel for my vacay in Bangkok. Here's the thing, I'm kinda having some doubts in picking the right hotel. It would be great to have a gay friendly hotel though but I also would like to have a great place to stay in, a place where I could have some fun during the night time as well as the day time. Night time - gay fun night out, Day time - shopping, sight seeing.. It would also best that I dont have to worry when bringing another person in for the fun time into the hotel.. Maybe the following hotel?

1. Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

2. Sofitel So

Any others?

Any advise guys? Need to finalise my hotel booking as the date is getting nearer.. Huhu.

I was last summer for 5 nights in Le Meridian. I got the advice from someone in this forum and it was really a good one. The hotel is really close to all the gay spots and service and the room were excellent. I also stayed one night at the Sofitel So which has nicer rooms but the location of Le Meridien is much better so when I'll come to BKK this summer I will surly book it again. 

Guest Markblue

I usually stay at the Pullam G Hotel - it's on Silom Road only 5 mins walk to patpong night market and the gay areas of Silom are all nearby - I enjoy a walk to senso when I'm in need of a massage.

I also tried crowne plaza lumping, to be honest, everything is right at your doorstep - excellent but a little pricey.

Conclusion? Pullman G - you won't regret it- no fees- good food - very gay friendly.

Enjoy!