Guest tom2014

trip report + travel advice sought

Guest tom2014

Hi all,

My first post but I've been reading a gay thai board on and off for four years or so, and have been to Thailand about six times now. Will be there again in 2014.

UK discreet guy mid 30s in shape go to BKK for a mix of business and pleasure, i'm top/vers, like asian twinks of course but also westerners. easy going so get in touch if u like.

I guess I want to have more fun! not just Babylon but more experiences i can't get elsewhere... also would like to meet BKK expats into the same stuff as this board 
, good (value) restaurants, street food, hot sex and massages, culture, ... be more social whereas i'm usually solo traveller who doesn't meet up with people enough.

Brief trip report here of bits from the last few trips, unsolicited but i'd be so interested in any replies and advice. thanks.

- Babylon is fun... like to wear a speedo under the towel, sit on the loungers by the pool, read for a while and ogle the eye candy... the coconut shakes are so good and maybe an occasional beer. I am average build usually but tend to diet in the spring so am slim and smooth. Haven't had any trouble meeting guys there. Have met some really nice types - one from singapore on holiday, one from philippines on holiday, some educated Thai guys... good chats over a drink and often fun after, and a couple of times walk back to my hotel for sleep and more fun in the morning. One or two are on touch on email. 

Best sauna I have ever been to... love the decoration and ambience. All is civilised, clean, good value. I always have a massage,just an oil one for an hour, prefer no hanky panky, just quite hard pressure. I can't help getting hard though sometimes, but part of the fun.

- Tried Grindr last visit (Sep 13) which i dont do at home. Amazing - loads and loads of guys on there. with some filtering there are nice guys and cute. Love that it is location based and so u can even find guys in same hotel, altho chances are they are not my type or age range. i met a cute HK boy age 24, went for a drink and he came back to my hotel, the Ambassador, more below about the hotel. Hot fun  he was twinky btm and i am more top so we enjoyed ourselves in the traditional way... (i fucked him in every possible way) happy face

Never sat down at Telephone, Balcony etc - advice please! Happy to chat to boys and expats to see where it leads..

Restaurants - i am far too conservative, rarely try street food but want to, splash too much money on indian curry or italian food eg 750-1000B which might be ok value in UK but is too much in BKK. My fave place tho is the Bee Garden Cafe under the Skytrain at the corner between Chong Nonsi and Sala Daeng.

Can be a bit hot but fans, lights, ice cold beers, extensive menu and very tasty thai food. I like the soups, curries, sometimes seafood, free peanuts 
 and the banter of the owner and his waiters, who know me by sight now. I always am reading (a book not the tablet) and he asks what it is sometimes. He remembered what i had been reading last year. Is 70-100B for large beer I think, 100-200B for food dishes which are large and one with rice is plenty for a meal. You watch the world go by - traffic, sky trains, tourists... Before or after I wander through the street market towards Sala Daeng. Occasional DVD I can't resist; I marvel at the sex toys they have and am amused/alarmed by the tourist families with children who pass them... Mummy, what's that pink thing for? 

Recommend Luigi's near Asok BTS - cosy, delicious Italian food. Also I've had some great dishes at various places in Siam Square Paragon Food Mall. I know it's a tourist trap with high prices for BKK but I can't believe the range. There was a good Indian near Asok on Sukh Road, south side, in 2009-2012 but i could not find it in 2013. any ideas or recommendations for indian restaurants?

I've had good Thai curries and beers on those market streets between the river and Khao San Road - not sure what they are called. Great value, good people watching, free wifi. u know the places?

Please recommend (a) safe tasty fun street food places where I can sit and read and try a variety of things (not the small stools, proper chair!)

(b) any other good value non-Thai restaurants in the centre-ish
© maybe even places where i can start chatting to fellow diners : ) or cute boys : ) i'm quite sociable, promise

Hotels
- Ambassador, I really like. Yes it's a bit fading and not trendy but it's huge, good value, good wifi (Tower block only), nice pool, OK gym, anonymous - can bring joiners no probs. Great location - soi 11, Sukhumvit, with supermarket 50m away and great nightlife nr soi 11 - the cocktail buses are fun, and quite lethal! Aussie bar, Thai food, good laundry, travel agent, two Indians, diner just a few steps away in the soi, and Nana BTS is under 200m away.
- Trinity Glow Silom was good, nice rooftop pool. Heritage on same soi Convent (?) was fine too
- have not tried apartment yet - would you recommend? I tend to stay for 7-10 days at a time with a week away elsewhere in Asia between

BTS 
- love it. use it all the time. Metro also. and airport link is excellent. 

Massages
- Bablyon ones are the best real massages i've had
- went to Banana about four years ago... fun but in the end the boy said i was too big and could not take it... :- (
- Hero have been to once, fine I think and i got to top the boy : )
- i really want a good thorough physical thai massage (no ending) but also separately sometimes up for a fun one with a cute boy. ive never had four hands so would like to try that.
any recommendations?

Pattaya
- stayed for three days in 2012. enjoyed but didn't seem the pleasure paradise i had heard about! i prob didn't know where to go. This was pre Grindr 
obvs lots of expats around, which is cool but i didn't get to chat to any. could go again this year... u recommend?

Koh Samui
- love this island and go for 4-7 days when i can. no fun* but just relaxation, beach, coconuts, hiring a moped and zipping aroudn the island... bliss
*except one night i had this 20ish boy called Am who worked in a gay bar on the main strip in Chaweng. Fun..
This is all i can remember at the moment but all feedback welcome

also into 2nd hand bookshops (Sukhm and Khao San Rd good for these), dinner parties, conversation, drinks, fun... get in touch if you like

All advice and contact welcome!

tom

Guest abang1961

Hua Hin is worth the visit...still relatively in tact ie. not too touristy like Pattaya or Phuket.

The only snag I faced: the 4 hour train journey from Bangkok...  I boarded the train at 9 am and arrived slightly before 1.30 pm.  

Guest SpermAholic

As I said in another post with all the political unrest riht now I would get the hell out of Bkk the second your plane hits the ground. Very VERY bad right now.

Take a taxi to Pattaya and use me as your sex slave and I will do ANYTHING you want me to do hehe.

Guest SpermAholic

are you in Bkk or Pattaya right now ?

If you can do ANYTHING may be to stop scaring people away is the thing to do.

I am in Pattaya. I have been in Thailand for 13 years strait. I have been through Tsunami, 2 Coups, airport siezure, Fllods, Red Shirt blood-shed etc.

I am NOT scaring people away but being a realist. You do not send people to Bkk city center (soi cowboy, patpong, King's palace etc) if you want them to be safe.

I speak Thai and watching the news now all day and believe me why would I not give my knowledge and experience to people who might not be aware of what is REALLY going on here?

Better to send them OUT of Bkk to a nice island, don't you think? Or would you prefer to send them into the middle of a beggining of a cival war? Nice of you.

Every country has issued travel warnings via email to expats living here to stay clear of Bkk. 168 banks are closed, most ALL petrol stations in Bkk are closed today, evacuation proceedures are going into place as we speak, The Reds have put a 500,000 bounty on Sutheps heat etc. etc. etc       but I am scaring people away? Get your facts strait and try to HELP travelers rather then sending them into a place that is under sieze. OK?

Guest trailrider

Never sat down at Telephone, Balcony etc - advice please! Happy to chat to boys and expats to see where it leads..

Those two places are great locations to chat up other Farang and boys too.

indian restaurants?

Ms. Balbisi on Sukhumvit Soi 11a is good.  Indus on Sukhumvit 26 is even better as is Indian Hut on Suriwong.

Hotels

The Rose and Tarantawan are in the middle of the action and good places to stay without any hassle.

Massages

Hero is great for massage and fun.  Talk to the mamasan about exactly what you are looking for and he will help you find the best boy to fulfill your desires.

Pattaya

Most of the people posting here are from Pattaya and some will be willing to meet with you.  Just contact them on here in a PM.

Koh Samui

If you are looking for a beautiful beach area to relax then Koh Lipe and Koh Lanta are much better places.

Guest abang1961

I am in Pattaya. I have been in Thailand for 13 years strait. I have been through Tsunami, 2 Coups, airport siezure, Fllods, Red Shirt blood-shed etc.

I am NOT scaring people away but being a realist. You do not send people to Bkk city center (soi cowboy, patpong, King's palace etc) if you want them to be safe.

I speak Thai and watching the news now all day and believe me why would I not give my knowledge and experience to people who might not be aware of what is REALLY going on here?

Better to send them OUT of Bkk to a nice island, don't you think? Or would you prefer to send them into the middle of a beggining of a cival war? Nice of you.

Every country has issued travel warnings via email to expats living here to stay clear of Bkk. 168 banks are closed, most ALL petrol stations in Bkk are closed today, evacuation proceedures are going into place as we speak, The Reds have put a 500,000 bounty on Sutheps heat etc. etc. etc       but I am scaring people away? Get your facts strait and try to HELP travelers rather then sending them into a place that is under sieze. OK?

Dear dear,

Thank you for "instilling fear".

I have made up my mind to hit Pattaya upon landing.

However there is a snag.. I have to take bus 389 instead of Bell because of the timing of my arrival.

Would you recommend me to take the bus or a taxi.. I am not in a rush...

Guest SpermAholic

Dear dear,

Thank you for "instilling fear".

I have made up my mind to hit Pattaya upon landing.

However there is a snag.. I have to take bus 389 instead of Bell because of the timing of my arrival.

Would you recommend me to take the bus or a taxi.. I am not in a rush...

You can get a taxi from the airport to Pattaya for 1200 baht. Pm me if you need help getting a room or want to stay with me for a night and use me? My Skype:  spermaholicpig

SpermAholic, you're obviously off your chill pills. Relax a little. Michael hasn't stated when his friends will come to Bangkok, and we don't know how things will develop here by then. Nothing wrong with giving general advice.

EDIT: Actually the reference to Michael as the OP would belong to the other thread, where SpermAholic has also cautioned regarding visiting Bangkok. Sorry for that.

Guest SpermAholic

SpermAholic, you're obviously off your chill pills. Relax a little. Michael hasn't stated when his friends will come to Bangkok, and we don't know how things will develop here by then. Nothing wrong with giving general advice.

EDIT: Actually the reference to Michael as the OP would belong to the other thread, where SpermAholic has also cautioned regarding visiting Bangkok. Sorry for that.

Please engage brain before typing. (Also eat chill pill).

Yes I am very helpful when it comes to Thailand and the latest news, tips etc. Thank you.

Guest SpermAholic

That 's not nice,

after all BKK was not ruined yesterday as expected by some

That 's not nice,

after all BKK was not ruined yesterday as expected by some

Oh but when he first said that to ME it was nice?

Who said Bkk was going to be "ruined" yesterday? Do you live in some dream world? You must be in America or somewhere getting the little news or do you live here like I have for the past 13 years?

As far as I'm concerned, I've lived in Bangkok for the past eight years and I'm currently in Bangkok.

Being cautious and monitoring the situation is one thing, and of course I'd recommend to do so. Flooding various threads with the announcement of the certainty of civil war, on the other hand, is panic mongering.

And besides the panic mongering aspect, there's also this: Imagine someone does a search for Bangkok travel advice on this forum and finds a thread dating back from 2010. Information regarding topics like tourist sites or transportation will mostly still be valid. Information about the Red Shirts holding (parts of) the city hostage, not so much. That's why, in my very humble opinion, it's better to keep information related to the current "Bangkok Shutdown" separated from general travel advice.

I'm far away but at the moment have well placed sources, unfortunately straights,  whoring in BKK like there's no tomorrow.

What they are telling me as long as one wears condom Soi Cowboy, Nana plaza and Patpong are safe.

Yes , this is second hand opinion but from sources I trust if one can trust straights with their weird sexual tastes. 

On tree I grew up calling up people to use their brain was not considered nice hence my previous comment, no offence intended.

Guest SpermAholic

Well this is the email I get from our Canadian embassy. Note the disrupted areas:

Dear Canadian,

You are receiving this email because you are registered with the Government of Canada's Registration of Canadians Abroad service. Please share the following important information with other Canadian citizens in your area. 

Large-scale demonstrations are ongoing in Bangkok are expected to intensify starting on January 13, 2014.  These protests are expected to cause major disruptions to transportation, are likely to result in the closure of certain government buildings (including the Government Complex Center at Chaeng Wattana where visitor and resident visas are issued).  You should plan your movements very carefully, allow for extra commuting time, and identify alternate routes in case you encounter blockages.  We recommend you avoid the following locations as they have been identified by protest leaders as important demonstration sites: Asok-Sukhumvit, Pathumwan, Lumpini, Victory Monument, Ratchaprasong, Lat Prao, Silom, and Chaeng Wattana Government Complex.  Other areas could also be affected.  Access to various goods and services could be disrupted as a result of transportation blockages in Bangkok.  Plan accordingly.

Note that the current situation may also affect access to the Canadian embassy in Bangkok (Abdulrahim Place, 990 Rama IV road).  It is important that you verify our website regularly and call ahead before visiting our offices in order to receive the latest updates. 

Please exercise a high degree of caution as protests have the potential to suddenly turn violent.  Avoid all demonstrations and large gatherings, follow the advice of local authorities and monitor local media. We recommend, if possible, that Canadians get in touch with their family and emergency contacts in Canada to confirm your whereabouts and wellbeing, even if you  have not been affected by this event.

If you have already left and are no longer in Thailand, please send an email to our Registration of Canadians Abroad email address at roca@international.gc.ca in order to end your registration in our system.