vinapu

Quote function - question for computer literates

When browsing forum using Google Chrome works perfect, when switched to Internet Explorer11 'Quote'  function doesn't work, it's just the same  like 'reply ' function and is not showing post I'm quoting.

Any idea what is wrong with me or my computer? Worked perfect  before upgrade

For the moment, I think Buckbee has the correct answer.  I can't use the quote function either while using IE (but I'm not sure if that's a problem only with IE or a Windows 8 problem or combination thereof).  If I want to use the quote function, I just use Chrome (and I suspect other browsers will work as well).  Clearing cookies, cache, or whatever doesn't seem to help. 

More often these days i get messages from various sites (including, for example, Siam Commercial Bank's site) that IE won't work well with their websites.  For whatever reason - how Microsoft fiddled with the latest IE and/or how programmers are setting up their websites these days - it's become a somewhat common problem. 

For the moment, I think Buckbee has the correct answer.  I can't use the quote function either while using IE (but I'm not sure if that's a problem only with IE or a Windows 8 problem or combination thereof).  If I want to use the quote function, I just use Chrome (and I suspect other browsers will work as well).  Clearing cookies, cache, or whatever doesn't seem to help. 

More often these days i get messages from various sites (including, for example, Siam Commercial Bank's site) that IE won't work well with their websites.  For whatever reason - how Microsoft fiddled with the latest IE and/or how programmers are setting up their websites these days - it's become a somewhat common problem. 

Mine  experience is exactly the same, I have Windows 7 so it must be latest version of IE.

It's always nice to learn that others have the same issues, as  it must be wider problem and bigger chance Microsoft will do something with it.

Just use Chrome and chuck away the rest... :p

This is what  I'm doing but having more idle time on Sunday I just got curious if others have the same tribulations , glad to see that's the case

Thank all three of you for your help, I'm not worried anymore as long as it works somehow. It has advantages as i can read the board on Chrome and bid on  e-bay on IE

By the way, because of this thread and the problems I've been having with IE, I googled the issue and the most common advice seemed to be to switch back to IE 9 and not to use IE 11 until they fix the compatibility problems.  Since I don't want to bother with that, I'll just use Chrome if/when I want to use the quote function.

In IE11, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Choose "Compatibility View settings". Enter "http://www.gaythailand.com" in the first field then click on the Add button.

Mr. Genius!  Thanks.  As you can see, it solved my problem.  I'd note that when you click on the "gear" thingie and the compatibility settings (which you can also get to through the Tools tab), it already shows "gaythailand.com" in the upper box.  Just hit the "Add" button next to that box and then close the window.  Works right away (solves both the use of the quote function and the inability-to-paste-text problem).

Mr. Genius!  Thanks.  As you can see, it solved my problem.  I'd note that when you click on the "gear" thingie and the compatibility settings (which you can also get to through the Tools tab), it already shows "gaythailand.com" in the upper box.  Just hit the "Add" button next to that box and then close the window.  Works right away (solves both the use of the quote function and the inability-to-paste-text problem).

Not just  Mr. Genius but Sir GENIUS, thank you from me as well mahjongguy

You are both very kind and very welcome.

Let me say, though, that I don't use IE. Like most programmers (well, former programmers, in my case) I prefer Firefox. I really dislike IE and I'm not charmed by Chrome.

Too bad for tourists that many Internet shops don't have Firebird installed.