Guest anonone

City Boy closed.....

Guest anonone

It looks like City Boys has been closed. No announcement on the door, but was closed the past couple times I passed by, prior to Kings Day.

I will try to check again tonight....

Guest anonone

City Boys closed again tonight. No idea where the staff ended up. I am touring the gogo bars tonight, so have to see if any of them are around.

Agree, some cute boys worked there....

Lets hope it's a temporary closure.   Things must be bad if they shut down just before high season.

Out of the few remaining Sunee gogo bars, City Boys was one of the better choices on my last trip.

Likewise I was given that same info about it being up for sale several weeks ago and in fact got a phone call from a young Thai friend (ex  sunee bar boy ) to say " Hey, I'm  buying a bar !!" - ( no thankfully he wasn't asking me for the money for it but just sharing his exciting news).

After saying well done etc I then went over all the probable ins and outs of actually "owning" a bar in Pattaya rather than just working in one and asked him was he sure and had he really thought this through and he then proceeded to give me quite a few (surprising) facts and figures for things that I wouldn't have even expected him to have thought of so it appears he had gone into it in some detail.

The one thing that did surprise me most of all was the very low ( thai to thai ) selling price ( as opposed to what's usually quoted to us faring) - I'll not mention the price as if the bars for sale I don't want to crap on the owners chance of getting a good price for it ( caveat emptor though I think is the best thing I can say there) and yes he possibly mentioned that the bar was up for quick sale as it needed to be sold quite (very) quickly to pay off a debt.

Thankfully after hearing no more about it for a few weeks my friend came back and said he ( and his Thai business partner) had changed their minds and he was now more interested in opening a papaya salad bar of all things ! I'm guessing at least that the investment and risk required both in time, effort and or skill may not be quite so heavy as owning a bar and so I wished him every success with it and look forward to seeing how he gets on ( I'm guessing it's never going to happen! ;-). 

The one thing that did surprise me most of all was the very low ( thai to thai ) selling price

1 I presume they are selling the business fittings, the negligible goodwill and the right to continue renting the property, rather than the freehold.

2 Sunee gogo bars are clearly not gold mines, considering the number that have closed in the last few years.

No freehold and a fairly modest return on profit would mean the business has a low value. I am not surprised.

Presumably Euroboys and one or two other bars on the same side of the street remain empty.  If these bars were highly profitable, they would be open.

Guest anonone

I think just about every bar is for sale, if the price is right.

Didn't make it to many sunee bars tonight, so nit sure where the staff ended up.

2:30 am now. Off to tam nam isan.

Maybe check more bars tomorrow

Guest anonone

I am doing my best....only so many hours in the day. And the gogo bars are only open for 5-6 hours of them. LOL

I am certainly feeling like an economic stimulus program as it is....

And not regretting it at all.

I did manage to spend some fun time in Good Boys last night. The area in the back is a lot of fun. :)

Guest anonone

Well, made it most of the Sunee gogo bars last night and didn't see the staff from City Boys. Didn't get down to Happy Boys....hmmm...if they were working at Happy Boys, I would be a happy man....but don't see that as probable.

Not at Vasa Bar either...but that is the only BT bar I made it to last night.

In BKK long time favorite Solid closed and HeartBeat which was always doomed closed its doors. Soi Twilight remains the same for the most part with one Bar getting a new name Ocean Boys I think but the rest remain..

In Pattaya BT area certainly the bars have been closing for the last few years. Quite a few less then before but the ones that have been around the longest seem to be making a go of it plus the 2 XBoys with their only Pattaya Erotic full out show seems to survive.  In a way Vassa has rebranded itself and is a fun bar to visit because the boys are having a good time.

Sunee  certainly a lot less GoGo Bars then before but Beer Bars appear to be doing ok but still have some of them up for sale or changing owners every few years.

Have no idea about what is going on in Jomtien and late night venues we need Anonone to fill us in if he can find time in his hectic schedule.  Work must seem like a vacation when he returns home. hehehe

Guest buckbee
some of them up for sale or changing owners every few years

Thanks FC69 for the update, seems to be the trend with gay bays they, change ownership every few years for some reason, maybe the owner gets tired of the hassles of running a gay bar