Guest anonone

Pattaya visit Nov. 2013

Guest anonone

About the phone, I actually just purchased new phones for BF and I. Samsung model that has every feature you could want. Plenty of pictures, just cant figure out how to get them posted on here. Copy and paste does not work

at the moment, enjoying afoot massage at All of Me Too in Sunee . Prerty nice place, cold beer...good view of the available guys hanging around out front of Good Boys across the road.

Guest anonone

I seem to be finding very little time to post lately. Sorry for that.

Just arrived back at hotel (7 am here in Patts), after a very fun King's Day...and night. Fortunate enough to be invited to a party at a falang's house, with many of my Thai friends in attendance.

Need to sleep now. No idea what is in store for later today. I have sadly realized that I only have a couple of days left for this visit

:(

Guest anonone

Well, several nights ago, a Thai friend of BF wanted to go out with us to NAB. Apparently, he REALLY likes sexy coyote dancers, but is pretty shy. He wants BF to help out...BF is not shy :)

So the friend becomes infatuated with one of the coyotes, and eventually buys him a drink. Staff come out with some towering pyramid sculpture thing with a bowl as the base. They light some type of alcohol on fire and start drizzling it over the top of the pyramid. Great visual effect, you can see it throughout the whole bar. Once the flames go down, straws are given to coyote and friend to share the drink out of the bowl...except friend is too shy, so BF takes the drink for him. According to BF, very sweet drink...not good mix with whiskey. Cost to the friend....1000 baht.

I shake my head a bit, but what really surprised me was when a second one was ordered. Same routine all over again. Another 1000 baht. These on top of other tips to the coyote while on stage. This guy is clearly one who goes crazy a bit. To top it all off, he runs out of money and goes home alone !!!

So, next time you see one of these towering inferno drinks, think of the poor Thai guy that went home and chuck wow'd that night.

Love makes us stupid moneywise and you gave good example , 2 drinks at 1000 =2000 , he could have this coyote in his bed likely for that much.

On another hand if he run out of money he is not completely  hazed in his mind. This is patent I exercise too - go with fixed amount of money and no card on me  to guarantee that even if get too crazy will not spend what's allocated for that night. 

At least you guys showed good heart helping him to overcome shyness a bit

Guest anonone

Time getting shorter and shorter now. A Thai friend is having a bit of a party this afternoon. Drinks and "BBQ" / Hot Pot on a rooftop terrace someplace. Should be fun. Not sure what tonight will bring.....

Guest anonone

Hi all.

Sorry for the extended silence. I had some work things pop up and it has taken up a lot of time.

I am back in the US now...so sad :(

Unfortunately, I am already traveling for the next couple of weeks, so no chance to really post final thoughts....or photos/videos...until Christmas time.

Even worse, I might not make it back to Thailand for New Years. I hate it when work gets in the way of life. LOL

Guest anonone

Well, I have a bit of time to get some things posted now. 

A fun time at Copa show:

A lot of my favorite dancers were not around this trip.  I thought the blonde was very cute, but never got a chance to say Hi...

Guest anonone

Roof top "going away" party.  All my friends from Crazy Pub wanted to do something special, so threw a little party for me.  They organized it all, purchased all the food, and even some of the drinks.  A very good time and I was touched they did this for me.

20131208_172731_zps98484d11.jpg

20131208_175937_zps09dc5d9f.jpg

Guest anonone

Hi Anonone,

Great reporting. Did you take that video? I notice a guy stood up and took a photo. I thought that wasn't allowed.

Thanks for the compliment. I will continue to post some things as I have time...and get them uploaded.

Yes, I took the video.  Most of the bars allow pics and video of the cabaret type shows.  Never the gogo dancers...or sexy shows.

Edit: If you are talking about the photographer at the very end of the clip, they were taking pics for the Copa website.  They always post some pics after their "special" shows.  This one was J LO vs Beyonce night, I think.

Edited by anonone

Guest anonone

More from the "last day" party on the roof...

20131208_161318_zps75410f47.jpg

20131208_171308_zps25f1b6e3.jpg

It was a really good time.  A dozen or so Thai friends made appearances and a couple of my new falang friends as well.  Went on well into the night....

Guest anonone

Some new friends make the moves on a dancer at Tam Nam Isan

IMG_3808_crop_zpsc9b7ece6.jpg

So the friend becomes infatuated with one of the coyotes, and eventually buys him a drink. Staff come out with some towering pyramid sculpture thing with a bowl as the base. They light some type of alcohol on fire and start drizzling it over the top of the pyramid. Great visual effect, you can see it throughout the whole bar. Once the flames go down, straws are given to coyote and friend to share the drink out of the bowl...except friend is too shy, so BF takes the drink for him. According to BF, very sweet drink...not good mix with whiskey. Cost to the friend....1000 baht.

I shake my head a bit, but what really surprised me was when a second one was ordered. Same routine all over again. Another 1000 baht. These on top of other tips to the coyote while on stage. This guy is clearly one who goes crazy a bit. To top it all off, he runs out of money and goes home alone !!!

So, next time you see one of these towering inferno drinks, think of the poor Thai guy that went home and chuck wow'd that night.

A pic of the 1000 baht coyote drink...fire out and ready to suck down with a straw  :shok:

coyotedrink_zps5b4909fd.jpg

Guest anonone

As much as I try, we cannot live on beer and whiskey only.  So, some food is eventually required....

Tom Yum Goong soup served up at our table in Tam Nan Isan

20131207_033643_zps345974d2.jpg

Some pics of the various food we inhale at the Isan small-plate place when we return from the club.  This is usually about 6 AM, and when we stagger out...the sun is coming up.  It is located close to the Day Night area, on the back side.  I was going to say it is across from the 7-11, but that describes exactly half the shops in Pattaya  LOL

20131207_052436_zpsb6c1c331.jpg

20131207_052448_zps93a86300.jpg

20131207_052442_zpsb222d324.jpg

And finally, when you visit Sunee:  There is a fairly new restaurant called Ole, pretty much across the street from Crazy Pub.  Big place (double unit) with very friendly lady owner.  I have yet to be disappointed with anything I order from there...and they will gladly serve their food over at my table in Crazy Pub.   We usually get "Sookie", which is sort of like a mildly spicy version of Tom Yum, with egg added to the broth to thicken it up a bit.  Really good.

I typically only eat Thai food during my visits, but the lady talked me into an order of garlic bread...saying how good it was.  I gave in and ordered up.  The result:

20131206_215416_zps8dee49f8.jpg

It was delicious, but BF wouldn't kiss me for the rest of the night.  I went through an entire pack of gum trying to tamp down the garlic saturation.  Buyer beware.  LOL

yummy, have mercy on me with all this food,  I'm hungry like hell and only now started cooking,

as for 1000 baht drink I 'm suspicious that coyote would by much happier with water and 500 baht bill than that 1000 baht drink.

Once treated my boy of the evening and myself with kind of  upscale dinner, he finished everything  but clearly was unhappy for some reason after we left. I couldn't figure out what happened until we had  couple rounds of whisky in the room which loosened his tongue - he told me in no uncertain terms that  he would be happier with street food and half of what his dinner there cost.

Lesson learned and ever since I always ask them where they want to eat and to their credit never had a case that they steered me toward any expensive dining place.

Wonder if others had similar experiences 

Guest anonone

Hope you are fixing something good to eat vinapu...and it is finished quickly.  :)

Regarding the coyote drink, I am not an expert but typically the coyote dancers have a quota of drinks that they must get purchased for them each month.  If they don't make the quota, their pay gets reduced for each drink they are short.  That is why they are so happy to get a coyote drink.  I am not sure of the money amounts (maybe colmx can chime in with some details....he knows much more about the coyote dancer setup) but the dancer was very happy with the drinks.

Without the quota system, I agree that a tip directly to the dancer/staff member is the best result for their wallet. 

And you are exactly correct about most Thai boys lack of enthusiasm for a "upscale/fancy" dinner.  Thai street food is very good and what they typically prefer to eat.  On top of that, a lot of the money boys are from Isan, and really prefer their native food...which you are not going to find at any place upscale.  BF is most happy to devour a plate of papaya salad or larb from a wandering food cart. 

It also reminds me of when we went to Hong Kong together.  We went out for dinner at a standard place...not upscale at all in terms of Hong Kong scene.  BF was shocked when I told him how many Baht I just paid for our dinner.  He matter-of-factly said "That is enough to feed my family for over a week at home". 

Puts things in perspective.