daddydawg

CNN answers question about demonstrations in Thailand

Guest abang1961

I am here in Singapore and was just planning to visit "our" second home, Thailand.

It seems that Bangkok (and even Phuket)  is "infested" with opposition crowd....

Where should I go?

I am here in Singapore and was just planning to visit "our" second home, Thailand.

It seems that Bangkok (and even Phuket)  is "infested" with opposition crowd....

Where should I go?

Do not worry about anything , I just returned on Tuesday after 2 weeks, there are some demonstrations and marches but you are unlikely to be inconvenienced by them as crowds were quite sparse. Did not encounter any problems at all, Firecat is right , media are making it up through magnifying glass

YOu singies (where I just returned from this week) are misled by your PAP to believe that riots galore and that any Asean-country out of SIN is a total mishap, as PAP is not the leading party with the best for its people.

THey also manipulate the Straits times etc to make you believe: ''we singies are the best!"' You have indeed the highest prices in Asean, yes.

(sorry-this is just the 12345th very same Q on sites ike Tripadvisor and the like, all from Singies and all repeating the very same).

Do not worry-in your cosy tourist only ghetto's there is nothing to fear or even to see or note, except on TV.

It is very well known, that the current opposition-what TH has, other has SIN (I know it has-but too small to even tell) is BKK and the south, yellow, but they mostly wear black T-shirts now with red/white/blue=flag colours wiht whistles.

Unfortunately  now I have reports from someone living in KhoSan area and he is afraid enough to move his family out of there last night for a few nights hopefully.

Way too many gun shots for him to feel comfortable living 1 block away from the demonstrations.

Hopefully it will be contained but continues to be a black eye for Thailand around the world.

Guest abang1961

Seems like the PM has gone into hiding and the DPM, is calling the shots...telling the residents to stay indoors...

I really dislike your comments, pong.

This is the age of info proliferation... and you are bloody narrow-minded to label and thus generalising my fellow friends in singapore... I am really sorry that you are so backward in your understanding... of the things that happened in singapore.. of course, you are entitled to your screwed, misinformed opinion... I am not fighting ...this thread is about bangkok and I am concern of my own safety...and you can keep your mouth shut...